main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Rex FTW!

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I still can't believe they had room for Salacious Crumb in the tournament but couldn't fit in Savage. [face_waiting]

3. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Well there's a badass Mary sue character who has a plot shield and won't die no matter many times fans want their death, and not to mention pulling off stuff they shouldn't be able do, and the other is Captain Rex.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still recovering from that godawful Kansas game.

Oh, you meant that tournament...

5. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    LOL Basketball. NCAA Football is where it's at/

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    On an entirely different note...found this on Facebook...

[​IMG]

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I prefer this one:
    [​IMG]

Also, I should take a picture of my dog some time. He often resembles Jabba when he's lazing on the couch.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey, PrincessKenobi -- I saw you liked my comment about S3 of GoT, have you finished A Storm of Swords yet? (I remember you mentioning you were halfway through in one of the Amphitheatre threads)

10. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Speaking of Facebook, I'm seeing a bunch of red equal signs for sexual equality....

11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    No I've not finished it yet. I have it it's sitting in front of me. I really need to get on that. Sunday is fast approaching.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yup, there's a landmark court case going on right now in Washington regarding same sex marriage.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Remember that Season 3 is only covering roughly the first half of the novel though, so you're not actually in too much of a rush.

14. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Well I'm not actually at the half way point. I may need to find that post. Because I thought I said I only had to get to the half way point. I'll be fine if I can at least get through 10 more chapters by Sunday. Since they seem to do 10 or less chapters in an hour. But I have just been failing at reading it. I keep finding other things to do. It's the same reason my paints are back in the closest. They sat out for about 3 months not getting touched. I need to focus my time better.

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    You're not halfway through?
    Oh, okay. Lots more to experience.

16. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    The problem I am having is the beginning of the book they added to season 2. And it's like wait a minute I've seen this in the show already and I'm struggling to get past that.

17. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I understand that feeling; I read the books after watching the first two seasons as well. However, after that stuff is out of the way, it's some of the series best politics, character progression, and yes, you guessed it, violence. Brilliant stuff. Even of you don't get through the book before the season premiere, I'm sure the show will adapt it faithfully and brilliantly.

18. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Yeah. I really enjoyed with season 1 that I actually read the book along with the show. I finished Clash of Kings right before season 2 last year. I was hoping to do that with book 3. But it looks like it will be more like my time with book 1.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I watched the first season of the show then went ahead and read all four novels. :p

What can I say, Martin sucked me in with his characters. I didn't have to wait long for book five (I was reading Storm, I think, when it came out). The wait for book six isn't so bad either because of the TV show being so darn enjoyable. Plus Martin's considering publishing a Dunk & Egg novel compiling all their stories, and I haven't read any of those.

20. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I just watched two of the four Bionicle movies in a row, thanks to sonny. The other two will follow tonight.
    Was a bit irritated about the Toa calling each other 'brother' all the time (okay, with the exception of the female). And the Matoran were so cute, especially Jaller :) ...

21. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I loved Bionicle!

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I'm sporting one! Unfortunately, I live in the bible belt, so I'm getting lots of bible quotes from people... I just counter with other quotes from John about loving everyone. I'm not religious, I have no idea what Leviticus blah blah means. I looked it up and all I can say is this: if you're going to preach a quote about not loving something and then totally disregard a quote about loving everyone, all from the same book, don't expect me to pay attention to your grumblings.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Keep fighting the good fight Coric.

Also how's your ME3 run coming along?

24. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I've actually been busy with multiplayer.. Galactic readiness is still under 90%..

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Be aware that the Galactic readiness system is completely useless. In fact, it breaks the game. Get enough promotions in MP and you can never see the bad endings (bad runs can be quite fun!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.