main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    My favorite thing about that poster is the design for the Troopers. I'm really holding out hope for troopers of some kind in the ST.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Dont get your hopes up. You'll probably be disapointed like I was with TDKR posters

3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    What like New Republic Troopers? Well seeing as though the iconic Stormtroopers of the OT/CT were basically normal Joes that were conscripted and NOT clones then I can see there being something along that line. Wether the New Republic would stick with the Stormtrooper design would remain to be seen? But I cant see why something along that route wouldn't be implemented by the New Republic. I mean, there isn't a fully grown Jedi Order to keep the peace anymore so why not.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I was thinking more of leftover Imperials. Like, maybe zealot terrorist groups that still use troopers. I don't know, just spitballing.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah well don't god damn it!! Lol. only jokin Pro Scoundrel

6. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    If we seriously get a blue & orange back-to-the-camera-in-front-of-a-destroyed-cityscape deal, that would turn me off Episode 7 more than anything.

7. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    It really should be "The big 7 - Confirmed!" -- Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Lando, R2, and 3PO Confirmed!!! :D

Chewie and R2 were my original faves during my first couple of viewings of star wars in 1977. DV was in 3rd place but hes dead so he cant come back...sigh. Those would be my preferred "Big 3"

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    We still havn't gotten a confirmation? Wow....I have now officially named this the "Star Wars Episode 7: Are they confirmed yet?" themesong

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  9. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Imperial remnant forces would no doubt be cool (and would add much to the type of story I envisage), but I'm looking forward to some sort of New Republic troopers, as Jcuk suggests, too. Constituting a third military faction are the Mandalorians. I'd really like to see where they stand in this time period, too.

11. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
  12. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Guess Mark is going for that Marlon Brando Colonel Kurtz type look.

Heeeey, there's an idea. Year's after the Battle of Endor there's a New Republic and a new Jedi Order. Luke's gone a little mad and has set up his own private army on some distant world. Han and Leia's son Willard is sent off on a mission to eliminate him.

Mon Mothma: Master Skywalker's methods have become.... unsound
    Ackbar: We want you to terminate Master Skywalker's command.
    Willard: Terminate his command?
    Ackbar: Terminate, with extreme prejudice.

I could go for that...

Yancy

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  13. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

Yea, I love the new Storm Troopers he came up with. I think they can write in new troopers. Maybe with a new empire or something. Outside of the Big 3 coming back (really Big 7) I really want an Epic Space Battle. The biggest thing lacking in the Prequels was a really good space battle. Anakin in Menace wasn't a good battle but just a nod to "A new hope" with Luke. Obi chasing Jango was a nod to "Empire" Falcon asteroid field and "Sith" really teased us at the beginning but it was over too quick.

I saw "Return of Jedi" as a kid in the 80's and I'll never forget that space battle at the end. There has to be an Epic space Battle in Episode VII, we've gone way to long without one. But I guess for there to be a really good Space Battle there needs to be some kind of new empire. They just can't have a new Sith be the main focus of the movie. There needs to be some evil group the Skywalker Family is trying to take down. But that poster really got me excited for the film. I hope JJ can keep leaks down but the internet age, it's going to hard the anticipation is really building and they haven't even annouced the cast yet. Based on trailers for "Star Trek Into Darkness" I'm very happy JJ is carry the torch. He was a Star Wars fan 1st anyways.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'll have to agree with you there - the prequels were sorely missing a good space battle!
    I think I read somewhere back in '02 or something that Lucas didn't want the space battles in the prequels to overshadow those in the OT - so that the next generations of fans, watching the films in the 'right' order wouldn't be underwhelmed with the battles in ANH and RotJ. That's apparently the reason why we never saw the starlines-hyperspace jump in the prequels either - so the first shot like that would be aboard the Falcon in ANH.
    Now with these movies being sequels - they'll have to have even greater space battles (and judging by the few battles we had in Star Trek, I'd say JJ is perfectly capable of doing great work with that).

15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Is it me or does he look really sleepy in that?

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    A little bit, yes.

17. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Definitely doesn't look like he's been working out, preparing for the role. Heck George Takei looks to be in far better shape, and he's 14 years Hamill's senior. Takei looks ready to play the role of a Jedi Master, while Mark looks like he's preparing to play Lok Durd in the upcoming ST.

Yancy

Darth Venator likes this.
  18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I posted a link to the article in the Harrison Ford thread but just in case it gets lost:

In an article published earlier this month, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek that Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher had been in negotiations to return to the franchise even before Lucasfilm was sold to Disney last fall.
    Was Ford surprised by that announcement? He makes the universal zipping-my-lips sign. Asked what it will take to get him to commit to play Han Solo again, Ford said, "Um, I don't even want to discuss that. It's great. Ain't it great?"
    It's been over two decades since Abrams wrote the "Regarding Henry" screenplay. Have the two chatted recently?
    "About what?" Ford asked, smirking and taking a slow sip from a cup.

19. Calpaz

Calpaz Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2013
    If the new movies are going to be in 3D (which they probably will be), 3D space battles with some shots from inside a cockpit would be awesome

20. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    HA HA he is SOOO busted :pHe know that we know that they know that we know :p

21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Another Harrison Interview
    *on returning*

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  22. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    There is propably more than enough time for Hamill to get into shape. I'm sure it will be quite a while before they start filming EP 7. :) ;)

23. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah there is no way they will make the 2015 release date

24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    They might. VFX work is faster these days than it was in the past. Many big budget blockbusters are shot about a year before release.

25. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well if Mark and Harrison sign on for Celebration Europe then my guess would be that's when they'll make an announcement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.