main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Good I was worried they would deny us the dvd viewing!

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    If TCW does not handle Maul's face then this is what I'll have to believe happened after Lawless ends. That Sidious kepted Maul alive because he was having to much fun torturing him and killed him shortly after off screen. I don't want Maul getting out of TCW alive.

TreborSabreon and 07jonesj like this.
  3. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Randy Stradley, at Dark Horse Comics, teased a major announcement the other week, but is putting it off until he is "allowed" to tell us. My guess is that while we'll still get those 2 finished arcs from the planned Season 6, the rest of the story will come from a new TCW comic from Dark Horse. I'm guessing that Filoni has talked to Stradley and worked something out already. Of course, it won't be as good as getting TCW on tv or online, but I think they'll at least try to finish up the story for us, tie up all of the loose threads and such. Hopefully, we'll know what Randy's big news is sometime this week or next week.

the-jedi-prince and Seerow like this.
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Until Dark Horse loses the license, that is. :p

Seerow likes this.
  5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    How do we know they will lose it?

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It's pretty likely that Marvel will get the license back. I don't see Disney keeping it out-of-house.

In terms of the novels, I have no idea what will happen with Del Ray. Maybe they'll keep it? What alternative would be preferable for Disney?

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Like one of those comics made with real screen caps from movies and stuff? Brainfart, can't remember what that's called. I'm not sure if I should be happy about that pending announcement or not. If TCW has to finish in the form of a comic that's better than nothing I guess. LOL 07jonesj they better hurry it up before Darkhorse follows the TCW show into Disney's can of canned goods.

I'm sure Darkhorse will lose their license when it expires given Disney's history with Slave Labor Graphics and Boom!/Kaboom! comics with other properties. Disney will at the very least raise the rent on them.

07jonesj likes this.
  8. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I found the 30 second clip of Anakin and Obi Wan talking in the Clovis arc, for anyone who may be interested:

According to a comment on the video, here is the conversation (the video's a little hard to understand)
    A: "Something wrong?"
    O: "You tell me."
    A: "Not that I'm aware."
    O: "Master Yoda feels that your judgements concerning Rush Clovis are... clouded."
    A: "I believe he can't be trusted."
    O: "Yes, but there is more, isn't there? I sense a deep anger in you by my simply saying his name."
    A: "He almost got Senator Amidala killed and I won't be responsible for him!"
    O: "The Senator has risked her life many times. She is quite capable of taking care of herself."
    A: "They had a relationship!"

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, damn.

I actually really want to see this if they're going to explore this angle with Anakin and Obi-Wan.

TrandoJedi and VMeran like this.
  10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    The original clip was actually longer, if I remember. And Obiwan lectures Anakin a bit about his implied attachment to her, I believe.

It was a very good clip. Actually made me look forward to the arc... and now I have no idea when/if we'll see it.

TrandoJedi and Darkslayer like this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm at the very least confident we'll the the Clovis and Fives arcs. Its the rest of the stuff I wonder about. Really sucks.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    But look on the other side of the coin, if they had shown this arc we would not have been able to have the droid arc that we all know and love :p

13. themirrorman478

themirrorman478 Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2012
    I really hope the ashoka arc is finished, It had a perfect ending, i dont want them to change it

cwustudent, Seerow and Hercu Dogla like this.
  14. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Every time I visit TF.N, that "two arcs only" post slaps me in the face. Wish we got an update on that. I'd rather have a definite yes/no than sitting on a rumor.

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This ^^

I think with the series having ended its broadcast run, leave Ahsoka where she is. It's given an adequate explanation as to why she isn't in ROTS and it does leave the door open for her to appear elsewhere if they wish her to but the end of S5 is definitely an ideal ending for her at this point.

VMeran and Seerow like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, I'm fine with where Ahsoka is right now although personally I'd rather have seen a body at some point to be sure she can't show up somewhere else like the ST some day. I'm much more interested in seeing TCW tie up those other loose ends with the time its got left.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Lovin' the Sebulba poster on the wall.

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Beyond TCW, isn't Dave staying at Disney, employment secured? I wonder if, by some strange chance, that the remaining footage (beyond Clovis and Trench) will be turned into a movie, like the series' opener. What a surprise that would be! But I won't hold my breath. Probably won't happen.

****ing Disney. No ST ticket-sale here, until TCW is finished properly!

Grievousdude and vong333 like this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Disney can do whatever it wants and why leave it with a competitor when they have Marvel.

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm not as optimistic as you guys are. I know for a fact that I'm passing in Episode 7. The cancellation of the Clone Wars affected me more than I would have cared to admit. Regardless of what they do, as of now we have an incomplete storyline. We all know from Filoni that Asohka's fate that was aired was not the permanant one. Now, I guess it is, but we know that along with other areas are not. This series turned into TFU 2 were we have Darth Vader in the hands of the Rebellion and a clone or whatever super powerful force user that should not be around by the time of A New Hope. Cancelled Episode 2 and 3 3-d material plus the books that were coming out, no more Detours. I just don't have confidence anymore. I don't

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Wow, after watching they clip I actually really want to see the Clovis arc!

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Me, too! I just popped in ROTS, and with Clovis already on my mind, I wonder if the Clovis arc is where/when Anakin's emotions are pushed so far that the Council finally realizes: these two need to be split up now. I'm still at the beginning of ROTS. Anakin's line (which usually went right over my head until today) about the Council possibly never letting Anakin and Obi-Wan return, is that because of his behavior during the Clovis arc? But fate/Palpatine steps in.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Two arcs probably means eight episodes and could mean ten. TCW on recent seasons has liked expanding the size of its arcs, which is why we ended up with a mini-movie in which a few droids wandered through the desert. You know if that hadn't been an arc...change "desert" to "bar" and you have the potential for a pretty good joke.

Just saying that there's probably half a season there.

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Since RotS was written years before TCW, that probably was the not the reason for the line, which is pretty self explanatory anyway. He was at a Siege in the Outer Rim and was called back when Palpatine was kidnapped, I guess because all the other Jedi (including the Masters) couldn't be arsed to try and rescue the head of the Galatic Government but never mind.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    While I don't agree with everything you said, the unended storylines have become a bit of a problem for the SW universe lately. The KOTOR series, the Force Unelashed series, and now the Clone Wars, big plotlines, but all went unfinished. I really don't get it.

darklordoftech likes this.