main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    What was the law firm that Trieste's bloodsucker worked for this past season? They could be a sponser too.

[​IMG]

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Fleetfire and Zarmer?

Again, I don't that'd work since they're quite a high mucky-muck organization.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Good point, we would need repulsor-ambulance chasers.

[​IMG]

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    This reminds me of things to do next season for Thyferra. :p

And yes, they will pertain to the game itself, Trieste. Don't get jittery about my small ideas.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh dear. What have I done? :(

[​IMG]

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Aided and abetted me in breaking the game. ;)

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh...OK well no worries then.

[​IMG]

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's like Zathura; once you've started the game, you can't stop it until it's over. [face_mischief]

9. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    To add to the sponsorship stuff: I once asked someone who works in high tech supply why companies like SAP (which makes business software of a high level), Applied Materials (which makes semiconductors and solar panels), and Citrix (mobile apps and cloud solutions) would spend their money sponsoring the San Jose Sharks. After all, who buys that stuff? I was told that these companies do so because it's essentially buying PR: "Look at us! We love hockey!" Therefore, I think any company that wants to promote a positive public image could realistically be a limmie sponsor.

To discuss KDY in particular, the myth behind my creation of the Kuat Triforce is that the name of the team actually comes from the KDY logo, which would imply heavy backing by KDY in the Triforce's genesis.

Therefore, jcgoble3 I think that if you needed a last sponsor that KDY could fit for you. :)

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    After perusing the category system on Wookieepedia, I've added six more for a total of twelve, which is very likely more than I'll need. The most I can probably use in a single season is ten: one for the HSN Game of the Week each week for a total of seven, plus one each for the semifinal game (yes, singular), third place game, and championship game. It doesn't make sense (to me, at least) for the opening round of the playoffs to have game sponsors.

11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_thinking]what to do for my Galactic Cup Finals post..............

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You can always reference my Miners post from last season for some ideas if you like.

However, Alana Glencross is under contract with my team so she cannot lead you out onto the field in a spectacularly inspiring fashion that will go down in history as one of the greatest Galactic Cup pregame entrances ever.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Hello, all.

Just popping in to say "hi" and see how the limmie season is going.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey Dubya,

Gunny broke the game. :p

[​IMG]

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well somebody's going to win their first Galactic Cup championship next year and the Hansens, who are now Mercs, will be playing in their second Final. So that's going on.

Oh, and voting is now closed for season awards. I don't have my vote sheet in front of me, but I could recreate it from your PMs if today is super slow. I do know that one award was an absolute blowout (and it's not the one I thought would be a blowout) and we have two ties.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hm, looks like the "Penny of Doom" will be needed once again. :p

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It took me a second to figure out what this was. I've actually used a two sided dice for the sake of consistency, but the ties haven't been broken yet, so if there is a groundswell in the next few hours for me to use an actual coin, I will. ;)

Also, if anyone is looking for a Wiki project, I think individual pages for each of the postseason awards with at least winners would be fun. All nominees would be tough with the post truncation still in effect, but that would be cool.

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Would now be the time to announce the Helmsman winner, perchance?

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Sure. How about those Super 16 playoff games and college bowl games too? After all, the Draft's approaching so I think people would be curious to hear about the unparalleled excellence of the Prytis College of Natural Sciences en route to their inevitable, heart stopping, jaw dropping galactic championship thanks to the strong defensive play of a certain Junior who none of you will get to draft because her mom is selfish like that who wins the bowl games since that might impact the stock of certain players beyond the HSN rankings. Heck, I might even be willing to write a GM post highlighting draft sleepers once I saw that information.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Alright, I'll get to that, then.

And here you were complaining about me stacking my team with draft picks taken from my colleges a few years back. :p

At least my players actually go through the Draft. ;)

Anyways, should I get working on the Mock Draft yet, or should that wait?

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Quinn Cundertol is playing his mandoviol and does not hear your burn.

As for Mock Draft--if you waited for the actual results it would be a super quick turn around (I'm thinking of starting the draft Wednesday). It's your call--I know you invest a lot of effort into it so I say whatever works easiest for you.

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Doesn't mean I can't hire Bardan to destroy it. ;)

And I could start it anytime, probably.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You can do the first nine draft picks for certain. If you wanted to put it out pre-Final, you could do a 10/11 split where you talk about each team's needs and who they'd take depending on what pick they had.

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    So, I take it that I just need to do the First Round? That makes it easier for me.

And the Helmsman winner has been selected. A post will come later.

On that note, the final college game has been decided. And it's not who you think would be there. ;)

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You can do as much as you like as far as I'm concerned. :)

Not who I think...hmmm...Felucia Gulf Coast University vs. Vandelhelm Commonwealth University? I wonder where I thought up teams named FGCU and VCU in the month of March...

jcgoble3 likes this.