main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    What, begging Chipper Jones and Derrick Lee to come back doesn't seem normal to you? :p

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hate to double post, but just caught the replay of Nats-Braves on mlbtv (awesome!), and Harper is just going nuts. Hitting over .430 with almost 60 AB.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

1 more week 'till Opening Day![face_dancing]

4. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Any interest in a JCC Fantasy Baseball League? I'm definitely in if we can get a group together.

TheGuardianofArlon likes this.
  5. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    if possible or something maybe. and if not in a place we can maybe do so here...that would though take a lot of work to do so.

6. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    The deal became official today and it looks just awful for the Yankees. They're paying Wells $14 million over the next two years and gave up two minor leaguers who, at a glance, aren't prospects, but look to have a non-zero chance of some day making the majors. That's a lot to give up for a guy who's had two good seasons since 2007.

Amazing.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just makes me sick. Wasn't enough that we settled on crap depth like Brennan Boesch and Ben Francisco all for the sake of staying under the luxury tax, but this also means that our young talent like Melky Mesa and Zoilo Almonte (sent back to AAA) will have to continue to sit while we give playing time to Wells and Ichiro. Our lineup is horrid, and it's going to be an ugly year for Brian Cashman, I'm afraid.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, if it's alright with the mods, we can just do an ESPN league- no colors or anything at stake, just for fun. If a few other people are interested, we can shoot for this weekend.

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    You know what's sad? They could have easily kept Martin with all the money they are spending.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I tried to do a Fantasy league last year, but there wasn't a lot of interest. :(

Actually, that trade sounds like one similar to the Ichiro deal. Basically, the Yankees should win if they traded away two "lifers" from AAA and Wells hits even .230.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    13.9 million might have kept Ibanez and Russell. Neither would be longterm, but so much better than where we are now.

Well we have at least 3 who will play, just need 8 minimum. If anyone wants in, just post here or PM.

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm in if we do it!

13. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I'm interested, though I haven't done it before.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Its fun and easy, same concept as fantasy football but daily and you pick a pitching rotation to go with your lineup.

That's 5. Cool.

15. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    you can sign up for an espn one even this late?

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh yeah. They go a few weeks into the season, I'm pretty sure.

17. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    how many people can be apart of this? We have what 5 interested

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  19. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    So that's 6. Is that enough?

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We can roll with 6, I was thinking 8-10 would be good. If interested, we can also do a keeper league for next year.

Once we hit 8, I'll shoot the invites out to everyone.

21. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
    So should I at least sign up on espn?

heels1785 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Indeed. And you got a free like, meant to hit reply.

TheGuardianofArlon likes this.
  23. TheGuardianofArlon

Feb 26, 2007
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If we can get to 8 tonight, would Sunday afternoon work for all? I was thinking around 3, right before the season kicks off that night with SNB.

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OK, so are we drafting all positions (including pitching staffs), or do you just draft your position players (and then choose pitching staffs from a list)? I'm used to playing on Yahoo where you draft all players.