main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will this new Trilogy be a precursor to another Prequel?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Immortiss, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Look at James Bond. Just an example. The characters are archetypes. There will always be new characters, but we haven't seen anything new with these characters in 30 years.

2. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013

3. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Sorry Sean but there is absolutely no way they would ever change the episodic numbers of the movies that are already out.

4. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    O.K. Like Lucas has never dramatically changed these films before?

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I can see how made such a death-defying leap across the chasm that is logic.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  6. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    First, fixed the quotes.for you.

Second, "Bond 23" was a working title used so that people could talk about the film before it was given a real title. It wasn't used in the title sequence, or on the posters, or on the DVD cases, or on the tickets, or in any news articles once we knew that "Skyfall" was the proper title.

7. BountyHunter76

BountyHunter76 Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2012
    Whether Star Wars continues the episodic numbers or branches out into a Bond-like franchise in the future, I find it very lucky for all of us to have experienced the birth of such a great story and characters. I believe Lucas did set out to create a fairy tale, and he succeeded.

A hundred years from now who knows what the medium will be for storytelling, but I bet Star Wars will be there. How cool is it that we got to see the start of it all?

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't know. Just the thought of not being around a hundred years from now to experience more Star Wars movies saddens me. :(

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  9. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I hope I'm around long enough for the next batch, let alone 100 years.

10. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Dude....there is no spoon.

11. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Some of us try too hard.

12. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Well, we are talking about fantasy films here. The quote reminds me of Indy and the Last Crusade. I may have jumped the shark on this thread.

13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks for the quote fix. Correct on Bond 23. I still think they could go passed IX, as long as the new characters are viable. If not, I agree that a full conclusion could be quite difficult, but you never know what a great writer can come up with. They need to find a way to bust out of some of the constraints/themes offered in the previous trilogies in order to renew and still make seem SW...that's going to be really difficult.

14. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Matrix, right? Uncle.