main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Insinuating someone is obsessed or has nothing going on in their lives because they are participating in a letter writing campaign for this is just as insulting, baiting, and borderline trolling as accusing someone of not being a fan or shunting them into the haters category or telling them to 'get the - out' because they have a different opinion. There are a few people here whom I know have busy lives and important things going on in them and yet still took the time (which it doesn't take much) to write a letter. Like it or not this thread is about the Save The Clone Wars movement. If you don't have anything productive to add to this discussion (this goes for both sides) then I suggest avoiding posting this thread. Lets stay on the topic of the petition please.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    /discussion for me.

V-2 likes this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, that wasn't baiting, Seerow. I wasn't referring to anyone but myself (had to clarify what I meant.)

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We're moving on.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Moving on to what? Petitions? Disney did what it will do, and that is get back its $40.5 billion dollars it spend on the entire franchise. Forget canon, forget what can and can't be done, becuase you know what? They are going to do whatever the crap they want. Yeah, I'm still pissed that they cancelled the clone wars, it was getting somewhere finally, and now we have TFU 2 open ended incomplete story. Cancelled Detours, cancelled 3-d movies, by the way anybody else heard anything on Kemp's duology? Probably not cuase its getting cancelled. Go ahead and send your poltically correct petiitons, cause the one I sent was full of bad words and cuss words at their crap. :mad:

6. vong333

Oct 18, 2003

$4.05 billion sorry, gave it more worth that it is.

7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I really don't think sending letters/petitions filled with cuss words is going to help :p

VMeran, Random Comments, V-2 and 4 others like this.
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow meant moving on from topics not pertaining to the purpose of this thread.

Hey guys, Giancarlo Volpe who directed many Clone Wars episodes seasons 1-3 including Nightsisters tweeted back to me. We have been discussing his crowd funding campaign as show runner of Green Lantern, he likes the idea of people trying to do the same on Clone Wars. Obviously, who knows if it will work (he was not on TCW when it ended), but nice to get some acknowledgment from other folks in the industry who have that Star Wars cred to their name.

CaptainRex115 and rumblewagon like this.
  9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    A video from our dear friend Ashley Eckstein.

It won't make an incredible difference, but getting Disney to know that Ahsoka is a profitable character could cause them to do more with Ahsoka and the Clone Wars. But then we have a problem with potential milking of the franchise. Probably won't change much but hey, it's worth a shot!

We could also enlist the help of SMGO when it goes live in a few days.

Don't think that just one action will cause the show it at least come back for a few more arcs. We need to fight and show support whenever and however we can.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, we need to be polite and level headed in our petitions.

11. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Unfortunately, I took the survey today, and I think not.
    I have taken the surveys that came after the redesign of the site several times over the past few years, and I hate to say it, but the survey is pretty much exactly the sort of things they asked then. Although TCW is mentioned several times, they are in a "are you familiar with..." section (just after asking if you've seen any of the movies in the same way), and if you have different sorts of "Star Wars or The Clone Wars" merchandise. They're assessing your level of fandom so they can see how people at varying degrees of experience with Star Wars feel about different aspects of the design. In short, no more TCW mentions than the surveys over the last several years.

TreborSabreon and V-2 like this.
  12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    There is an update from Mike Burkhart who hosts the Save the Clone Wars online petition... apparently there are sources indicating that the Starwars.com "This is Madness" character tournament is being used as a marketing measure of the popularity of Clone Wars characters. Now, this does sound like speculation to me, but I could see it as a good general way to poll the general public visiting the site to measure interest in certain characters, not just for Clone Wars but also for Star Wars in general. Especially now that they are making character spinoff movies.

Anyhow, Ahsoka and Rex are up against eachother in the bracket today, so if you haven't voted, get over there and vote for one of them, there's only a little over an hour left for today's poll:
    http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/index.html

I think the overall number of votes for both characters would be a vote of confidence for the Clone Wars. I voted for Ahsoka because I believe she would have more staying power for the Clone Wars in the overall tournament.

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Perhaps it's not a result of the campaign... but it can be a valuable tool nonetheless. If people are aware of it, and suddenly know not to just close it as soon as it pops up (as I'm sure many people would if they didn't get a heads up first), then it can still be used to our advantage.

Watto likes this.
  14. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I think voting in the March madness poll is a great way for those who want to save the show to show its popularity. Disney would take notice if an original character like Rex, Ahsoka, or Cad Bane were to win it with other PT / TCW era characters (like Obi-Wan and Maul) right behind them. Characters like Luke, Han, and Leia are likely going to be in the ST anyway, so we might as well bump them off early.

Right now, it is Ahsoka vs. Rex, so vote for who you think would be the best competitor. On the dark side, it is Palpatine vs IG-88. I would suggest supporting IG-88 because he probably won't compete as well against Count Dooku (or Cad Bane if the time comes). On the other hand, Palpatine could possibly take out Boba Fett (who Disney may think of as more of an OT character with spinoff potential).

After this round, it will be Obi-Wan vs. Han Solo on the 29th. Disney already knows we love Han so lets vote for Obi-Wan. At that time, we will also have Vader vs. Maul. I will vote for Maul to show that we want resolution to his story (Cad Bane should ultimately beat Maul though).

We can follow this pattern next week and vote for the following:

4/1: Yoda and Cad Bane
    4/2: R2-D2 and Jango Fett
    4/3: Ahsoka / Rex and Count Dooku

Random Comments likes this.
  15. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Naw, it probably won't. They just press the delet button and call me a loser, and laugh it off and say these guys need to get a life.

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I doubt an email with swearwords would pass through their green ink filter in the first place.

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I voted for Ahsoka because she's my favorite Jedi of all time. Period. And it looks like she just barely edged Captain Rex. That was Rex's last and best shot of ever being able to take down Ahsoka.

18. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
  19. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Disney does not care about what you people think. Making a stupid petition is a waste of everyone's time.

20. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Petitions and letter campaigns have worked in the past. An attitude like yours guarantees that Disney won't hear what the fans want at all. This way, we at least have a chance to allow Disney to understand what they're dealing with when they mess with Star Wars.

hlc88 and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    They (and I) don't consider TCW as Star Wars.

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We've already been through this argument at least once in this thread. You might want to read the mod post at the top of the page..

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    So am I to take these posts of yours as baiting?

If TCW isn't Star Wars to you, then I suggest you avoid posting in LACWAC threads that are related-to/ centered-on the show.

24. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Sorry, it did sound a little bit like baiting. However, I wanted to point out that Disney is putting its resources towards Episode VII, so The Clone Wars cannot be saved.

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Has Disney told us definitively that the show cannot be saved and that's the end of the save the TCW-story?

Until they do, hope remains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.