main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books BOOK OF SITH! Now you too can Force choke friends and family! Hours of fun and unlimited power!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    The only thing I didn't like about this book was the over long section on the Nightsisters. That could have been just a page or 2. Could have used those pages to explore Sith history.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In particular, I'd have liked to learn more about Ragnos and those amulets Kun and Ulic used.

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm dancing on your grave right now.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I admit when I got this (a month early, just to rub in those sour memories all over again :p) last year I found the Nightsisters section unnecessary at first too...but as time went on, I actually ended up really liking it, as it has more nuggets buried in it than it may first appear, as there's various little nods toward the Kwa, the Ones, etc, in it.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Get off my lawn!

6. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    Is this better than Jedi Path, I am really looking forward to getting this book when it's released in book only format next month. I think Jedi Path was pretty cool, even if it was directed at Junior readers. There was some great artwork and history, admittedly the little side quotes were awful but I ignored most of them.

7. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Psyched for Book of Sith's solo release next month. Need a counterpart to the Jedi Path.

I wonder if there will be differences with the Holocron and Solo release, just like the Jedi Path.

8. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Indeed, I think I was the same when I saw a Nightsisters entry in a book about Sith... but its an interesting read especially since I dig legends and tales of ancient races so turned out to be a good entry to me in the end.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw one copy in the local Waterstones bookstore this morning. If I hadn't already ordered it from Amazon UK I'd have picked it up. I did take a quick peek through it - looks pretty good.

10. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Ok, so my copy shipped last night along with the Infinities Omnibus. My question is, why do my orders always ship before a long weekend?[face_frustrated]

11. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Just got my copy of Book of Sith.

I haven't read through it full yet, but just by flipping through the pages, I can say this is gonna be an awesome read.

The sense of "primitivism" and the difference between the parts of the book compared to the uniform look of the Jedi Path gives Book of Sith a slightly more sinister look and feel.

Just how I like my Sith to be.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Mine came from Amazon UK last week. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that there was a Sith Academy on Dathomir shortly before the Battle of Ruusan- which I think was quite a bit before Allya was exiled from the Jedi to Dathomir- it wouldn't surprise me if the Nightsisters are, to a degree, a Sith splinter faction.

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    You have it, but have not read it yet?! :eek:

[​IMG]

Cronal likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Personally, I preferred the Jedi Path because I greatly prefer the dignity and chivalry of the Jedi (and more pseudo-Latin High Galactic is always fun) but The Book of Sith is really great in terms of flavor and atmosphere. The style changes between different authors, and it really has more... personality. Jedi seem kind of uniform, so you mostly aren't terribly aware of the changes in authors between the various chapters: it had a guidebook feel to it. In contrast, the Book of Sith is very much a series of personal memoirs and/or manifestos. Each Sith has their own style and feel, and you can understand the changes that the Sith movement has taken over the years.

Highly recommended.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In the upcoming releases thread there's a deluxe hardcover double set of both books, due Oct 2013 - anyone come across any further info on tit?

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haven't had time...

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So having been publicly 'failed', I managed to catch up with this earlier this afternoon. It's pretty good! I enjoyed it - more than the Jedi book. Now I want Book of Sith II...

19. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    Thanks for the comments guys! Sorry I don't post here as often as I should.

Would love to see that link...

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  21. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    Zorrixor likes this.
  22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    An extra?! =P~

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    An article written by the Cosmic Balance group denouncing both Jedi and Sith?

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Book of Sith II? :p

Zorrixor likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A lock of hair from the nostril of Palpatine?

Plaristes likes this.