main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Palpatine? Gay Predator? Ensnares Anakin into being with him and him only. The entire design on Vader's suit is quite kinky (leather, plastic, mask). I'm not saying it's the case but it's a point of view?

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  2. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    Not sure why it was suggested to discuss this here, as they're not Jedi anymore, but whatever...

I only recently remembered that Dooku was originally meant to be one of 20 Jedi that had left the Jedi Order.

I'm aware that they were meant to represent ALL of the Jedi that had ever left the Order, so most, if not all, of the others were probably dead by the time of the events of the prequels.

You never know. Could be something interesting to explore.

I always wondered who the other 19 were, and what became of them.

3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Darth Camp.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Interesting. Well, the imperial military is full of men. No woman in sight anywhere.

5. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    All smart and well groomed men at that too.

Empire's super Weapon/Vehicle
    EpIV : Death Star O
    EpV : Super Star Destroyer hnnnnnnr
    EpVI : Death Star O

Two spherical shapes with a long shape inbetween - i mean really!!

6. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    It's a nice idea, but like you say, they're probably long dead by this point.

I think the point was to establish how rare it is for a Jedi to decide to leave the order, thus showing us that Dooku wasn't your average Jedi.

Thing is, who would even know about the Lost 20? I can't imagine Luke would. And the audience isn't likely to remember a small detail like that from Aotc. So it would mean time setting that up.

7. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah, this is why it is very unlikely for any of the small plot points from the PT to be important in the ST. Like people suggesting Darth Plagueis, who was mentioned in one scene. Most of the audience isn't gonna have any idea who that is.

Darth Claire likes this.
  8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It takes like...one to two minutes to set up almost anything.
    I've been saying that concerning many things that have been suggested, the problem is not in setting up anything.
    "Eh, who's that guy?"
    "Darth Plagueis, according to this Holocron here (or whatever) he was the guy who trained Emperor Palpatine...we thought he was dead...apparently he's not."

How much setup did Dooku get? Or Vader, for that matter, when he first appeared? BAM. Door explodes, big bad guy walks in, he's in charge, there you go. Aha, his name is Vader and only he is so bold to attack diplomatic ships. Only later on do we get to learn the things we take for granted.

The audience does not need to have read the book about Plagueis or spent years collecting EU comics to be introduced to him in the movie, without any problem.

Again, setting up something is not the problem - the problem, in my view, is that the Lost 20 are simply not an important plot point. Their purpose, Jedi Comedian said, is to illustrate how rare it was for a Jedi to leave the Order.

TheManFromMortis and DARTHSHAME like this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    This time there needs to be more exposition because the audience thinks the Sith are extinct. People deserve an explanation why the Sith still exist.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, but they'll need that explanation if any kind of Sith or dark side Force user is the main villain, regardless if he's Plagueis, cloned Dooku or some guy named Frank Jones, the new Dark Lord from the Unknown Regions.

TheManFromMortis and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    "You call him Darth Jones, doll." :)

CT-867-5309 and The_Hellhammer like this.
  12. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    That should've been given at the beginning of TPM.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Sith were hiding in the basement of the Falcon this whole time!

lbr789 and TheManFromMortis like this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That was a different situation because in TPM we weren't witnesses to the Siths destruction. In ROTJ they died on-screen. This is harder to retcon (though not impossible).

15. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

This is the way I'd like to see Luke portrayed in the ST or, at the very least, at the beginning of the trilogy. As I and others have posted, we could well find a galaxy where force users of any kind are no longer trusted by the general populace. Otherwise, perhaps Luke simply chose to go into voluntary exile to further hone his abilities and meditate on the future of the Jedi and/or if the Jedi should have any future.