main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT How does Padme love Anakin? (Did she have too much whine?)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Yeah, the Anakin/Padme dialogue goes from bad in AotC to worse in RotS.

2. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I are am the so in love with your face coz from my point of view Jedi are evil. Darkside! The writting was darksided. Tainted. It definitely wasn't christian.

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    If you at Haydens face in that scene it look's like he's high, Maybe just think of both characters like that in the scene and it actually makes perfect sense, them saying that crap.

Jcuk likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Do what?

Who cares if the writing was "Christian" or not? There are arguments against it, that's not one of them.

5. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Jokes can't be funny all the time I guess. The lady in the video was suppose to represent a person who just saw the 'love scenes' in the prequels.

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    There's people like this woman living in America? (Raised eyebrows and silence)

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good post.

You know, it never bothered me how they quickly fell in love with each other. But it wouldn't have hurt if they edited out some of the gushy dialogue a bit.

Just saying...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    You did not waste my time. Your entire post was fantastic and I hope to read more like it, again. From time to time.
    (Being to be mindful of your resolutions, of course.):p

THIS.

themetresgained likes this.
  9. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    The thing that bothered me (apart from the script, acting etc) was the fact Anakin was a 10 year old boy the last time he saw her. Correct me if I'm wrong but 10 year old boys don't look at girls in that way. And then years later he hasnt seen her (which is odd because he's a Padawan and she's a Senator and seeing as though the Jedi have a lot of dealings with the senate they haven't bumped into each other at all in those years?) since then and he's claiming that she's all he's been thinking about? So he fell in love and become besotted with this girl when he was ten? He was that emotionally mature when he was ten? Maybe he should've said oh yeah hi I remember you now (thinking to himself, ****! She is fine!) IMO

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I never assumed that Anakin fell in love with her when he was 10. He was in awe because a very important woman was paying attention to him and was kind to him (which didn't happen very often on Tatooine) and he remembered her for that reason but I did not take that as sexual at all, at least not until he reached adolescence and his hormones took over.

FARK2005 and lbr789 like this.
  11. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    well he might have thought she was extremely pretty

I doubt Anakin goes up to every girl he meets asking if they're an Angel, so I do definately think he had a crush on her.

I had crushes when I was 10

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't doubt that he thought she was pretty but that doesn't translate to anything beyond that at age 10.

lbr789 likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I have been told I had my first crush before I was three, I actually met my best friend Angie before my first memory. We were born just days apart, my aunt babysat us both and I kissed her when I was five the day she moved away. I loved her every day until leukemia took her life when I was 13... I love her even now. So all I'm saying is, there's a chance that young Ani was as blown away as teen Anakin claimed in the elevator on the way up to see Padme. Maybe she was his angel, no matter how un Han Solo-ish that line is.

14. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm glad people see that there can be a more serious side to this than simply dismissing it as "kid humor." If Anakin couldn't stop thinking about her ten years after their encounter, then he obviously thought more than just "she was pretty."

themetresgained likes this.
  15. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    :(:_| I'm so sorry!!!!

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I will see her again and there will be tears of joy.

Love does not end in death.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That is a sad story, SithStarSlayer . :(. I'm sorry too.

I don't doubt that there was an unexplainable connection between Anakin and Padme when they met. Even as someone who believes that what you see is what you get, isn't spiritual at all and doesn't buy into any bull**** about destiny or the "will of the Force," I do believe that such connections happen for reasons that aren't easily understood.

I think where some of us have been parting ways is with the idea that Anakin's first thought in Watto's shop was how he could get her clothes off, or with the idea that he spent the next 10 years obsessing about her instead of merely thinking of her some and remembering her fondly.

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I don't think little Ani was daydreaming of doing the humpty dance with her.
    It wasn't in his character.:p

19. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    You have quite an angel watching over you I'm sure! [face_love]

Well even that isn't that hard to believe....the first time I fell head over heels for someone I was 6 and even though I couldn't explain it I wanted to do something more than share milk and cookies with him...an activity that would have more than fine with my first crush. I believe that not growing up in a sheltered environment as Anakin has would provide certain understanding of things...coming from someone who birth country in a way exposes kids to things much earlier, I know it can happen. I'm not saying Lucas intended it, but there's is underlying of Ani's maturity for his age in their meeting.

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    His dialogue towards her was just normal, curious kids stuff. Early to mid teens is when you start becoming infatuated with girls ( when your balls drop lol) he was more interested in playing around with stuff mechanically. He may have been smarter than the average 10 year old in that way, but there was nothing to suggest that he would become besotted with her? And if your argument is the usual speculative 'well he may have this and he may have that? Then that doesn't really do it for me. It's what is in the FILM that counts.

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    He was only interested in mechanical stuff because there weren't any angels around... and the first thing he does is brag about his skills. As soon as she gets inside his house, he takes her and heads straight for his room to validate his claims in Watto's shop. I'm not saying he was trying to scrump, but he was definitely trying to impress the new pretty girl in his life.

22. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Not for me. Who's to say he didnt want to brag about what he'd built and how clever he was with anyone new that 'came round'

23. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    While true, Anakin would have gone about it in another manner...he's a smart kid and like I said, I've been there myself to recognize it...so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

SithStarSlayer: Exactly! You beat me to it.

24. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013

25. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    ^^[face_rofl]:_|...Only in lives of the conventional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.