main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    In my experience for Season 4 it was a new episode Mon-Fri. They ended up ending the new run of episodes at A Friend in Need, and then the last 2 arcs of Season 4 was split into two hour Saturday blocks back-to-back about a month apart.

I doubt they would sneak Clovis into the schedule, but if they did I would definitely keep those ones recorded just in case they are never released!

2. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Clovis is no longer part of season five, so I doubt it.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    So mostly we would not have the end of Maul and Mandalore in the remaining episodes.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    They could easily take Curry's line out of the end of The Lawless and Maul's fate would be tied up. Mandalore's fate is covered in the novels after this point. I'd less say that the show was interested in Mandalore and more that it was interested in Vizsla and Satine, both of whom have been dealt with.

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Actually in the book Shadow Conspiracy, Sidious said "Your existence is now perfectly meaningless" rather than "I won't kill you", if they followed this line there would not be a problem now.

As for Mandalore, we still got Bo-Katan, I guess CIS would get involved.

6. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    That's because that's the old line, which they changed intentionally. It's an "Obi-Wan killed your father" sort of thing.

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Given that it's an inserted Curry line, that would suggest the writers indeed changed their minds on Maul's fate after the fact.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    But now TCW is cancelled, they can't tell the story of Maul in the cartoon anymore.

9. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    But the cartoon still trumps what the book said...

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    If they followed the book we won't have to think about "what would happen to Maul" now.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Still don't. Sidious' line could easily mean that he is going to keep Maul alive long enough to torture him. Or attempt to find out how he survived his injuries on Naboo. Either way Maul isn't making it out of Sidious' dungeons.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well, Filoni could easily say he killed Maul in the interview and nothing would contradict with it, simple.

Since in that comic Vader did mention Maul is killed by Obi Wan when he was taking on that clone, so we still need explanation.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Broken record Seerow...

I'm confident we'll atleast get a conclusion with Maul in the Bonus material and there is this new announcement from Filoni coming. May turn out to be something with Darkhorse but its alteast good news. If nothing else I will assume Palpatine killed him.

hlc88 and 07jonesj like this.
  14. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Right so, I've been thinking...In "the Wrong Jedi" you know how the Council's convinced that Ahsoka is the bomber....yeah that shouldn't be. This is the Jedi Council. Some of the wisest and most powerful people in known space and I'm really supposed to believe that they were completely befuddled by a lone Knights attempts to frame somebody. And the only one in the entire Temple that believed her, out of 212 people, was Anakin.

I just have to say, that's poor writing. That's truly just bad writing, The smartest people in the Galaxy, could not see through all the deception. I get that the Dark Side clouds everything, but it's just common sense. Look at Ahsoka's track record, when has she ever done something worth being suspicious about? They really just thought, one day she totally freaking snapped, without rhyme or reason? Look it's a Plot tumor that was developed for the sole purpose of making Ahsoka seem sympathetic and making the Jedi look bad. So looking back: Poor writing, at least for the parts involving the council.

I still have my complaints about Ventress, but honestly besides that obvious fumble on the ball it was a good arc.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Obi-Wan also didn't believe that Ahsoka was the bomber either. It's implied in what he says in the Council scenes and he didn't agree with the Council's expelling her or handing her over to the Republic Courts either as it was implied by what Yoda said that they weren't all in agreement with the decision regarding Ahsoka.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    "IGN: I know you have to get going, but I was curious - who sided with Ahsoka and who didn’t?

Filoni: Oh, the Jedi Council? That’s an easy one. I would say that definitely Plo Koon sided with her, and Obi-Wan sided with her. I believe Yoda did too. But I think that those three are the ones that really held out the most, and you see a little bit of that. But the rest of the Council, because they’re so politically compromised, they just think logically. They think two things: A) that there is evidence that could convict her, so they have to act on that, and B) they trust the Force and think, “Well, if she really didn’t do it, this will good will out,” which I think is a common mistake that they make these days. They don’t realize that they’re being controlled and manipulated by evil."

So there you go; Plo Koon, Obi-Wan and Yoda sided with Ahsoka, the other 9 did not.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That's harsh, I thought more than those three would've, but I guess the evidence didn't look too good, and those three Jedi were the only ones that actually knew her well enough to believe she didn't do it.

07jonesj likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    #emotionsaregood

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It's also a sad sign they have to keep the whole public relations angle together as well.

20. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm not entirely sure there were the full 12 members on the Council judging Ahsoka, considering we didn't even see holos of Oppo Rancisis and Stass Allie, so we can probably assume 7 voted against Ahsoka rather than 9.

Also, on a related note, do you think we will ever see Rancisis in TCW? I know they have created his character model for a future Season 6 episode(s), but I think it's currently doubtful we'll ever see him in the flesh, even in a cameo.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    They've actually created his model? Awesome! Well I hope we at least see him on the council, and not a hologram. Stass Allie and Agen Kolar should be seen on the council by now as well.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    In other news, thanks to the cancellation of TCW, Rancisis' death will not be retconned. Sorry Filoni, he will not die in Ahsoka's arms.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Breaking news: Filoni to kill off Rancisis off-screen :p

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    In the Book of Filoni. The essential guide to Filoni fanfiction. ;)

Darth Vader likes this.
  25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Come on now Filoni and give the fans another announcement so that we can put this whole "which arcs?"-question business to rest.

Circular_Logic likes this.