main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    While this particular story is probably BS, out off all the potential spin-off's a Kenobi one has the most potential and I can certainly see one being done.

McGregor (besides Ian Mcdairmid) was pretty much the only PT actor to walk away with any credit. What's more he has stated he is open to coming back.

With an 18 year gap is Obi-wan really just going to sit around and meditate as the galaxy goes to s@T , that seems out of character to say the least.

In the Stawars character popularity poll, he just beat Han Solo !That should at least tell people including the suits something.

He is also a human being and not a green frog who speaks in a strange way, ergo the general audience will be able to relate to him better on screen.

obi_kenobi_24 and TreborSabreon like this.
  4. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I take this rumour as complete BS....but I'd love it to be true. Besides a Maul vs Kenobi film being at the top of my list of things I'd like to see, using an infinities story as a basis would put a big fat line under how the EU continuity is regarded.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I agree. An Obi-Wan movie has so much potential, it would almost be criminal not to do a spinoff.

As for the Yoda-movie: I doubt we'll get that as well. Nobody wants to listen to 2 hours backwards talk. It gets old quickly.

Oh, by the way, Darth Vader curb-stomped Maul in the popularity contest. I hope the suits take notice.

On a potential Vader spinoff: What do you guys think? Would he be the antagonist of the movie or the protagonist? Both is quite possible as in the EU (especially comics) Vader often takes the place of protagonist and it actually works.

6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I kinda like the idea of that, TBH.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    That site is the new Supershadow. I love how they refer back to their other breaking news story which has yet to be proven true or false.

Darth Maul is dead!

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Obi Wan spin off film set between ep 3 and 4 with a good story would be epic. A Darth Maul spin off with a good story set before ep 1 would be epic. But Darth Maul is dead, so no Maul between ep 3 and 4. The explanation in TCW how he survived was awful imo.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    A spin-off charting the rise of Darth Vader to be the most known man in the galaxy by ANH seems so obvious to me, I am amazed that hasn't been done either

Darth_Pevra and darklordoftech like this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think that's a wonderful idea. They could do a character arc in which Vader himself is doubtful of his own abilities (because he was bested by OBW on Mustafar and because he still feels uncomfortable in his armor) and then he has to prove to himself and some Imperial Officers that he can still kick ass. Like Dark Lord in essence, only with more Vader and less stupid boring Jedi.

One idea I had: Vader fighting against a terrorist who wants to blow up Coruscant.

11. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I could get behind this. Maul's story needs to be wrapped up, it's common knowledge that he survived being cut in half and they did a good job with him in TCW.

Could work well into the "Seven Samurai" idea.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would be rather cool.

13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I may be alone here, but the whole idea of Maul surviving being cut in half AND falling down a huge chasm was, well, ludicrous. Even for the TCW.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Now you're going to start a 4 page discussion/argument about how TCW is good/crap.

15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    And to add to that, Mace confirms to Obi wan that the identity of the mysterious attacker was indeed a Sith. So surely that alludes to the fact they must've found his remains? Otherwise how did they know? And then he pops up in a story in TCW. IMO that didnt add up.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Edit: never mind

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You're not alone.

18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh he was just guessing! Well that's reason enough for me then.

19. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Obi-Wan described to Mace and the council Maul's actions and the council concluded the "mysterious attacker" was a Sith and, according to Dooku in Darth Plagueis, probably the apprentice.

Gunray and co. slipped Maul's name to the council under interrogation later on, which confirmed his identity as a Sith Lord, that's how they also use his name in TCW.

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    That may well be, I don't know. I'm purely going on what I saw in the film.

21. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    To me though, Cosmic Booknews seems to be "BS" stuff up with "anonymous" sources like with their Disciple of Palpatine movie.

I still think the most kick-ass idea would be Boba Fett hunting down Kenobi by order of Vader. A Boba Fett/Kenobi/Vader movie all in one.

Jcuk, Krueger and darklordoftech like this.
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'll take the Obi-Wan spinoff movie without Maul, please. Just Obi-Wan hanging out in the desert, chilling in his hut, bartering with jawas, fighting off the occasional tusken raider, drinking at the cantina, and watching over Luke from a distance.

lbr789 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd like for Ventress to appear in his hut at least once. They can have a little...chat. Or aggressive negotiations.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  24. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    Well there is book written by John Jackson Miller on Obi-Wan coming soon that will relate the story of Kenobi when he left Yoda to go into hiding. So, a spin-off about Obi in his hutt might no be necessery at all.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Nice, that would add a little spice to it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.