main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It's standard practice to flood the comic market with product when a film comes out, as far as I can tell. DH will follow the money, but if that means cancelling all their current comics then I'll be surprised.

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I thought Dark Horse confirmed a while back that they would be losing the license?

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I heard that was just a rumour....[face_dunno]

4. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It is

5. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Oh, right; what I meant was, I doubt that Lucasfilm would be concerned with putting TCW story elements on hold for the sake of film continuity. It seems to me that, if they wanna make a film, they will... continuity be damned. Not cursing Disney specifically on this; just knowing how execs think.

I mentioned the comic thing as a possible alternative though...

EDIT: Oh, and as for the Dark Horse license rumor... sure, it's a rumor, but there's no reason not to expect it.

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Not sure where I read it then, but I could've sworn it was an official announcement by Dark Horse or something like that. :confused:

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK. I have participated in market research from both sides (as a subject of research and as a researcher... human centered design and all that). I've also had jobs that included marketing. So this isn't news to me, but I still think you may be reading too much into the purposes and intentions behind doing this particular contest. But if you guys want to add this to petition signing, letter sending, tweeting, etc. as a means of sending Disney a message, have at it.

Disney and LFL are not going to go back on a decision like this... I just don't see it happening. First, because TCW would not remain profitable enough for them to bother with, and second (and more important) because they've decided that this era has had enough attention for now (which does NOT mean "act like the PT and TCW never happened") and that they want to shift focus to the ST and its era in the SW timeline.

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future..."

Honestly, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and what other plans might be brewing now to address this outcry. Even if this just guarantees a comic series followup outlet for the remaining scripts... personally, I'll take it.

Disney has taken something away before giving us anything new; it's just a misstep, and it's up to somebody to call them on it. Whether they do anything about it or not, well... you might see my earlier post about instilling a sense of creative accountability in Disney. It's not just about getting the show back; it's about setting a precedent.

Heh, think of it this way: Star Wars is our daughter, and Disney is her new boyfriend. We have to shoot this chump a stern look now and then, to remind him we're always watching.

There's also a theory that Disney is creating a "content drought" until the sequels, which might be a way of trying to get the excitement of the current fanbase to die down a little bit so that we're not so tense and up in arms once the sequels actually come out, sort of shielding their reception a little bit and making people more grateful when they do. But, content droughts are pretty foreign to Star Wars. For many of us, there hasn't been a SW content drought in our entire adult lives... I just don't think it's gonna work, and somebody has to prove it.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    A Darth Maul movie, Wowzers, holy popcorn flicks.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    General Kenobi beat Han Solo. Prequel era Obi-wan FTW. There's a message in there about the popularity of a character who has existed in the public consciousness for the last five years by way of the Clone Wars.

BTW Maul lost to Vader, he got 21%.

Everyone go vote for Cad Bane over Jabba (long shot but get some votes in for him).

Random Comments likes this.
  11. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Yep. Vote for Ahsoka, even vs. Chewbaca...especially against Chewbaca! Show your support!

Random Comments likes this.
  12. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Cough... [Removed. Don't do that again. ~ Sx3] ...cough

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think continuing to let our opinions be known is as important as ever. Yes, no matter how much fan mail they receive, they're not going to bring the show back entirely. But it's up in the air now how much more content they're going to put the money into completing. I would focus on asking them to put the finishing touches on everything they have that's almost done - which, from everything we've heard, is a ton of stuff - constantly reminding them that the more arcs they finish the more money they will make because there are a ton of people that will buy every single one.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Well, if we won't get to see closure on the character in the "bonus material", a spin-off movie with Obi-Wan and him as the villain would be fine; if it gets off the ground, he should bite the dust in the end.

Seerow likes this.
  15. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Cough...[Removed. No need for that either. ~Sx3] ...Cough

16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Jabba should have no chance against Cad Bane. Jabba got choked out by a chick in a bikini.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That chick in the bikini is ****ing awesome. She would choke Bane too if given the opportunity.

eht13 likes this.
  18. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    But Bane has fake breathing tubes....

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    All too easy.

Dark Lord Tarkas and eht13 like this.
  20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think so. If they were considering a movie of this sort that is no reason to cancel an entire show. All they would need to do would be to tell the production crew to not kill Maul.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe they want various spin-off movies to replace TCW.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder what the rest of this movie would be like. Would it be like 45 minutes of Obi-wan drinking in his hutt and staring at the wall?

23. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    They are working on this show years in advance. Filoni and Lucas plotted the entire story to the final seasons (likely to 8) in which (I'm guessing and Filoni has hinted) most of the Clone Wars specific characters (Cad Bane, Rex, Maul now) are killed off. Disney probably doesn't want it's hands tied for the next 3 years with what it can or can't do in a Maul spin off feature or appearances by any other CW characters in spin offs. My only hope is someday we find out what Lucas himself had in mind for these characters.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think we need an entire movie with Obi-Wan getting trashed in his hut, staring off into the Tatooine sunset and kicking himself over Anakin's fall.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And going into town to get drinks at the Mos Eisley Cantina, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.