main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If I see a spider in my house I'm generally content to let him chill out, if he's just hanging out on the wall or something. Wolf spiders not so much, since they don't build webs and are actively scurrying around. Those I'll kill. I picked up the habit of whistling "nearer my God to thee" (the song the band plays in James Cameron's Titanic as the ship sinks) while flushing bugs down the toilet.

You generally have to antagonize a spider quite a bit to get it to bite you, or harm it in some way - accidental or not.

Centipedes however are something I hate.

[​IMG]

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Centipedes are fine, I don't think I've ever seen one before though. The only bugs I hate are spiders, cockroaches and earwigs, just crawling along the ground with their long legs and antennas...

VMeran likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You folks are bugging the heck out of me!

/:p I hate spiders and snakes!

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I believe it was Skywalker2B that first posted about that and perhaps he can shed some light on the source:

Randy Stradley, at Dark Horse Comics, teased a major announcement the other week, but is putting it off until he is "allowed" to tell us. My guess is that while we'll still get those 2 finished arcs from the planned Season 6, the rest of the story will come from a new TCW comic from Dark Horse. I'm guessing that Filoni has talked to Stradley and worked something out already. Of course, it won't be as good as getting TCW on tv or online, but I think they'll at least try to finish up the story for us, tie up all of the loose threads and such. Hopefully, we'll know what Randy's big news is sometime this week or next week.

I hate all kinds of bugs, insects, and arachnids. To me the only good bug is a dead bug. I am otherwise an animal lover. I'm not at all afraid of snakes.

Sharks are cool. I liked Riff Tamson. He is hardly the first SW alien to basically be a animal head on a humanoid body so it didn't bother me. I think he's the best part of the Water Wars arc. I like it when he attacks things with his mouth. If only he'd have caught the Prince in it and eaten him. xD

VMeran and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  5. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh my dyslexia. In my head I've been replacing that Randy guy with Dave's name. My bad. I guess at this point I'm holding onto the tiny rumors because it seems like this gets darker and darker. We still don't have any confirmation on the 2 bonus arcs thing.

7. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Comics are a nice visual medium which I think is perfect for continuing a Star Wars story off the screen. Though they tend to hit the wallet a bit more than a novel does -- I spent $22.99 for Superman Earth One, Vol 2 (136 pg) yesterday; by comparison I could have bought Vector Prime, a Star Wars novel (398 pg), for like $7.99. The prior provides entertainment for about an hour, latter lasts hours.

It could be TCW related, or it could be an announcement that they'll renew their contract with LucasFilm and write Episode VII tie-ins, or just some completely new project that they anticipate will excite fans.

07jonesj likes this.
  8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Grievous had better look like this when he returns in episode 7... :p

[​IMG]

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Give is a few weeks and I'm sure we'll get a Grievous movie rumor as well. =b

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Will that be the one where Grievous goes up against Darth Maul and gets his ass kicked, until he's rescued at the 11th hour by Darth Tyrannus? And then Darth Va Anakin shows up and there's a 3-way duel? But it's all canon cuz Grievous is unconscious through the final battle.

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Obi-Wan says something about the Nightsisters having chosen the Dark Side for Maul. What is he referring to?

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    And I'm sure people could still mop the floor with him...

13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Maul was raised with his fellow Nightbrother slaves in a Dark Side-wielding culture. Obi-Wan just probably doesn't realize that Maul was taken from Dathomir at an early age.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    But wait, sis. Wouldn't it be Grievous vs Maul be kinda exciting? I wonder if he would switched back to the old spider legs. Maybe Krell can show up alive an enter that three way duel with Ahsoka and Ventress. There would be more blades than we can cound.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I always thought Grievous and Maul were similar characters.

16. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Here's the link to Dark Horse's boards where Randy, not Dave Filoni, says that they are going to announce a new series. It has since been locked since, for whatever reason, they haven't been allowed to make the announcement yet. http://boards.darkhorse.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19916

There was one poster on there that also "speculated" that the announcement is that DH will be doing TCW season 6 and claims to have "sources". However, I'm speculating that it'll be more than just season 6...more like an on going to bring it to a conclusion.

17. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Should get an announcement sometime this weekend. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Randy-Stradley-Dark-Horse/120655541332514?fref=ts

18. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Maybe, maybe. But it just doesn't add up that even Yoda wouldn't believe her.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, that one. It'll happen, for sure. :p

20. bfry1981

bfry1981 Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2013
    Hey everyone. Sign this petition on the White House's website to Save the Clone Wars! If we hit 100,000 the Obama Administration literally has to respond. And that will get publicity. And that will mean more pressure on Disney. Any other petition will probably just be ignored by Disney! Come on guys, sign and share, we can do this!!! Sign this White House petition to save the Clone Wars: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...wars-clone-wars-proper-fuller-ending/6PY3nqJB

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I can see it now:

The Clone Wars petition reaches 100,000 signatures just when tensions between the US and North Korea escalate to an all-time high.
    The Obama administration has to respond by law, but they've got their hands tied staving off WWIII. So they don't respond.
    The press (which otherwise wouldn't really give jack about the fate of TCW) catches on, and turns this into a publicity nightmare for Obama.
    Obama is brought to trial and impeached for his administration's failure to address the Clone Wars petition.
    Kim Jong-Un takes advantage of this situation and starts WWIII.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, bfry1981.

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    "What is this? I don't even..." - White House response

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Some of the petitions on that site are hilarious, like the "give Nicholas Cage the Declaration of Independence", citing that he stole it once, so the gov't might as well give it to him anyway. XD

There's also "create a national R2-D2 day".

Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.
  24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I still wonder what Talzin's up to.

25. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Hey, that petition ends on my birthday. Cool.