main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was bringing back Maul a good idea?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRex115, Mar 16, 2013.

?

Was brining back Maul a good idea

1. Yes!

40.7%
  2. Nah

38.4%
  3. Not sure

20.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
  2. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    QFW! Completely unnecessary IMO.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I liked the way Maul's arc was done overall, but leaving his fate unresolved is a problem.

4. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    As the old saying goes "Once you lose your **** and your a*$, your dead."

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Whether or not bringing back Maul was a good idea depends on how his story ends and how he survived bisection.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree with others that bringing him back in the first place was a terrible idea and was driven by marketing and merchandising. As others have said, though, they did do a pretty good job with him... but as good as some of the Maul episodes were, it's not enough to make me vote Yes.

It comes down to two reasons. First, his introduction was done really poorly. He was just... there... something something sinister, brother brother brother. Second, they didn't have him killed by Palpatine in the last (and otherwise greatest) appearance by Maul. As such, with TCW cancelled and the breadth and depth of the remaining "bonus content" unknown, we may never see what his fate was after Palpatine told him "I have other uses for you". So he was brought back for no good reason, without explanation, only to appear in some cool episodes but ultimately to have no character resolution at the end of this half-baked experiment. At least we knew he was dead at the end of TPM. Cool character, too... the poor guy just keeps getting used (by Palpatine and by TCW writers).

7. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    so... whos ready for maul in the ST??? I can't wait I hope he comes back!

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Sidious/Maul pair returns for the ST.

9. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    No Maul in the ST. The whole idea is just ew.

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Still Ray Park?

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This should be good motivation for joining the Save The Clone Wars Campaign. Make sure this story arc gets finished so we see Maul's incinerated body and know he isn't coming back.. Atleast not likely... =b

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    At this point I don't have enough information to answer the question. I was skeptical about Darth Maul's return since I already loved Savage Opress and thought he made a Maul resurrection unnecessary, gave it a chance and thought they at least executed the idea well, and if they used the character well throughout the series it could have been a definite yes to the thread question. Savage is gone and the Sith still have no replacement for Ventress, so Maul can fit in. But now, with the series abruptly ending, and especially if the rumor that there will only be two more arcs of TCW is true, if nothing else happens with the character after The Lawless I'm leaning strongly towards saying no. It took too much time away from the series to reestablish and develop the character only to, ironically, stop the story halfway through. In that situation, it would have been better to explore other aspects of the Clone Wars, or Force-witches and Savage Opress feuding with the Sith.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  13. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    In my opinion it was a good idea bringing back Maul. It is a great vilain and TCW gives him the chance to explore this evil character.

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Maul won't make it to the ST, that would just be silly. But with his unresolved fate (so far, anyway) on TCW, that does leave things open to THIS. Not sure if it sounds likely, or even like a good idea, but there it is. Picking up story lines from comics, for better or worse.

15. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Can't wait till the former "Emperor's Disciple" comes back and raises and army to take down Luke and the gang. Maul would be PERFECT in the ST, I hope it's him.... Sidious did have other uses for him ;) .....speaking of which, I wouldnt want sidious returning on his own, but sidious and maul together? HELL YEAH

Darkskar95 likes this.
  16. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I can't get off the fence here.

On the one hand: wtf? How the Hades did he survive being cut in half at all, let alone long enough to make it to another planet entirely? Trench's survival is more plausible, since we never really saw him definitively die.

On the other hand: they were well done and interesting stories.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Why don't you want Sidious on his own?

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    No "Emperor's clone" stuff should be in the ST; Palpatine is dead at the end of ROTJ. Of course, Maul was dead at the end of TPM, but come on. Enough with resurrected characters.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    QFT.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    No Sidious.
    No Maul.

Originality and creative thinking are wonderful things. Bringing Maul and/or Sidious back are neither.

If I take comfort in anything it's Lucas' past insistence that the EU bringing Palpatine back was absurd and not something that he'd ever do.

21. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I find your lack of faith....disturbing

[​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If they want something creative and original, it better not be a Sith.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have faith that dead is supposed to be dead, in fact that's kind of the point.

If a character is supposed to be resurrected, don't kill the character off, just put him or her in a coma or something.

I feel that way about every franchise, not just Star Wars. I used to watch Grey's Anatomy pretty regularly and they brought back a guy who had died of a heart condition--they didn't really bring him back, just in a vision of a girl who had a brain tumor, but it was still lame as hell.

eht13 likes this.
  24. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    IMO sidious on his own is a bit lame. He needs a good minion at his side. Maul fits the bill perfectly

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Disagree. I enjoy his subtlety. I do agree that Maul fits the bill perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.