main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What vehicles do you want to see in episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Nov 3, 2012.

1. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Good to know.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'd just like to see a little more consistency in vehicles throughout the trilogy. It felt like the PT had a lot of them appear only in one film. I'm not sure anything managed to achieve quite the iconic status of most OT vehicles because of that.

3. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I'd like to see:

- The Millennium Falcon
    - X-Wings
    - Star Destroyers
    - Tie Fighters (Standard ones)
    - It would also be really interesting to see some "antiques" mixed in from the PT like a Naboo Starfighter or some of the other sleek ships.

Other than these, I'd like to see brand new ships. Overall, I hope all the ships are done in the OT "used" style.

Jcuk and TheManFromMortis like this.
  4. Khriss_Peru

Khriss_Peru Jedi Knight

Sep 3, 2005
    I agree, the only vehicle from the PT that I think appears significantly in more than one movie is the Republic Gunship, It had screentime in AOTC and ROTS.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So, one thing that I haven't seen discussed to death on these forums is what kinds of starships you expect to be seeing in the ST and similar questions. It's safe to say the Millennium Falcon will appear (although possibly not for very long), but will any other ships from the OT, or even the PT, be used? Which ones do you think might be extrapolated upon for new ships? Anything from the EU you'd be interested in seeing brought in? Will they have more of an OT "used future", a PT "shiny future" aesthetic, or something else altogether?

And so forth.

Mav Edit: There was a previous thread on this topic from awhile back so I'm going to merge this thread with that one... carry on.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Obviously we need the Starship Enterprise

8. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I think they'll probably go with the "used future" look. They want people thinking of the OT, not the PT.

I'd like to see updated versions of X-Wings.

Jcuk likes this.
  9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here IN B-4 the Lock :rolleyes:[face_laugh][face_devil][face_skull]

[face_dancing]

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would love to see designs that hearken back to the OT or even in some cases-PT ships. I'd love it if we see new ships that are enhanced, improved, and much evolved versions of the ships we've seen before. perhaps even with some newer technology!

I'm actually quite excited to see what they come up with!!

13. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I want to see Luke's Skyhopper getting new power converters installed at Tosche Station. And maybe his x-wing needs new converters, so he could bring it to Tosche as well. Double awesomeness. I assume the Star Destroyers require power converters too large for what they stock at Tosche, but it would be cool if they had shuttles going to and from the Tosche Station bringing a fleet of Star Destroyers new Power Converters. Think of all the power being converted! It would be just incredible.

CassiusClayDarth likes this.
  14. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Bring in something combining the aesthetics of both the OT and PT. It'd make sense real world because knowing Abrams' style he is likely to want to pa tribute to the original stuff, but CGI and sleek designs are also commonplace in film today. Taking the best of both worlds would be a great choice. It also would make sense in-universe because the sleek designs were representative of a 'more civilized age' and a combination of the two styles would represent the galaxy returning to its original ways with the Empire now obsolete.

15. facebook

facebook Jedi Knight

Oct 16, 2012
    Nah, this thread's cool. I totally want to see some mercenaries with Winnebagos.

16. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    We've seen X-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, and (in the Expanded Universe) E-Wings. Any other letters of the alphabet that could be made into cool looking snubfighters?

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to see X-Wings, A-Wings, Tie Fighters and the Eta-2 Actis-Class light interceptor.

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would think C wings or D wings could be interesting. or perhaps U wings...

(I'm sure you are able to envision how those would look.)

19. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I want to see Stealth X's in use.

[​IMG]

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Nice pic- though I think this is the most recent "official" (appearing in a background book) StealthX pic:

[​IMG]

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No no. This is the the stealth X-Wing:

Ryus likes this.
  22. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I like the idea of some PT era ships making a cameo appearance but, in an echo of the OT, I'd like to see them looking a bit old and battered after the intervening years.

On a slightly different note, did we ever find-out what happened to the Tantive IV after it was captured by the Empire during the opening scenes of ANH?

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the novel I think after reporting that it was "caught in a meteor shower and all aboard were killed", Vader destroyed it to ensure the ruse was believable.

24. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Looks like the product of a romantic liaison between a mummy X-Wing and a daddy Blackbird SR71.

25. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Thanks. It's been years since I read the novel. Also, there is that line of dialogue in which Vader orders that a distress signal be broadcast.