main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, heard about that. He and every other actor in Hollywood....

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know about ALL live events, but I know he's been pulled from houseshows not because of the angle itself, but because he apparently sustained some injuries in his match with Kane last week. Supposedly, it's not serious, but WWE apparently doesn't want to take any chances with the 'Taker/Punk match.

Edit: And really the only segments I thought were decent to good were Undertaker's promo (up until the Punk stuff of course), Booker T's HOF induction (I could have done with less focus on the silly WWE stuff he did, but I guess I should be grateful they didn't include his WM storyline with Hunter in the HOF vid), The Team Hell No segment challenging Dolph and Big E at WM for the tag titles (which I had a feeling was coming after last Friday's Smackdown), and the ending with Triple H beating up Heyman and signing the contract, I knew the career would probably end up being the stip, but I the ending was decent.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So, Dolph still to cash-in at Mania?
    Or will he hold the Tag Titles first?

Or will he have both?

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I have no idea. We'll just have to see at 'Mania.

I actually thought Zigs would find some sort of loophole in the MITB contract that would enable him and Big E to cash it in on the Tag belts, but having Team Hell No challenge them and be willing to put them on the line is fine too.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame, it seems he had something that could have been treated.

Still, he always did have heart attack risk given his weight issues so I guess it was likely to happen at some point.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Enjoyed the Lights Out/Taker beats up Punk moment to open RAW.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    No update on Ric Flair's condition after other than he's supposed to be checked out by a doctor in Charlotte today after being taken to the hospital for a blood clot before RAW yesterday.

The Govenator will induct Bruno Sammartino and in what really wasn't much of a surprise, Terry Funk will be inducting Mick Foley.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, now we're starting to find out who the celebrities will be at WM. WWE just announce P.Diddy will be performing at WM. Which kind of makes sense as his song with Dirty Money has been this year's WM theme song (it was also used during Rock's birthday celebration in 2011)

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I am planning to get tickets for WWE appearing at the O2 in April and normally go for Raw being the superior show. Problem is, the site for booking states Undertaker will be in the Main Event on Smackdown in his first appearance in the UK for 4 years. Having never seen The Phenom live, this seems like an obvious choice. But surely a star as big as him wouldn't be on Smackdown without first appearing on Raw would he?

The listed Main Event for Raw is Cena & Hell No vs Punk, Ziggler & Langston which would be OK too.

What to do.... [face_thinking]

13. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Go with the sure thing and see The Undertaker before you die

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Given he's likely to retire sooner rather than later, this would be the last chance to see him.

Of course, all events are subject to change.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Undertaker is technically a SMACKDOWN superstar per the terms of the brand split WWE did ten years ago (that nobody really pays attention to these days), so it's possible he could be sticking to SMACKDOWN because of that and also to keep ticket sales high for the second night (obviously the Smackdown tapings) at the O2 arena.

Edit: And I second Frank T. A chance to see the Undertaker may not come again. GO GO GO!

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Terrible thing for one so young, poor Ric & his family.

My friend can get VIP seats for the O2 Arena pretty much anytime, so we've decided to hold off until after Mania in case Taker overdoes things and then can't compete for another year like last time. I would hate to see SD without Undertaker when I could have gone to Raw and at least had decent fallback.

Although, if rumours are true and Rock will be at Extreme Rules then maybe he will be on Raw to give the fans missing Undertaker on SD something to cheer.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    From what little has been released about it I think it might be drugs related.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm hoping it's not (and trying not to think about that until an offical cause of death is released), but yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.

22. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Wow, Punk was getting some chants there for a bit.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah. I don't think that's going to be that way at MetLife, because NY (even if it's in NJ), is a real traditional WWE crowd and will probably be throughly behind Undertaker.

24. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Wrestlemania tends to draw a more hardcore type crowd from all over the country though so it might be more split than you would think.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.