main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm with you, let's keep the momentum of this campaign to get as many new episodes as we can.

My fear is they literally fired almost all of Lucasfilm Animation so I'm not sure if they actually have people to finish episodes. You could get help from other animation groups but they don't have the experience and process set up to work on TCW so its bound to be a different situation.

Nevertheless I will keep pushing for more episodes and keep the pressure on Disney. They can do whatever they want given their resources a long as they see it being worth their while.

2. bfry1981

bfry1981 Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2013
    MODified

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2022
    V-2 likes this.
  3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Oooook... I'm sorry, man, but I have to say it: that petition makes the campaign look pretty awful. Most people who see it, no matter how supportive they are of the campaign's other avenues, are pretty clearly trying to distance themselves from it. I hope you can see our perspective on this, and not do something which might actually hinder the campaign...

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  4. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The government doesn't have the right to tell Disney to continue a show, and also, it's really the wrong venue for that sort of thing...not that we don't appreciate support, but that might not be the best way.

kubricklynch likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm shaking my head at the idea of getting the President of the United States or anyone in the government involved in this.

The Death Star thing was funny and Obama is a Star Wars fan at least to some extent, but...really, guys.

K'Kruhk, Mia Mesharad, Esg and 2 others like this.
  6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No, sorry, that is taking things too far. This is not a legitimate reason to involve a government and it can give us fans a bad name. The most effective method is what has been happening, keep the momentum going in emails and letters. Get it right to the source.

We may not be able to bring the show back but we *may* be able to influence the decision as to how many arcs that will be finished/released. That is our focus - to get as much material released as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2022
  7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    No one's going to sign that petition anyway. It'd be quicker and more efficient to just use a Jedi Mind Meld on Obama and have him convince Disney to keep making the show.

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    "TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION — 17"
    So, technically, few people.
    But the point still stands.

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I don't see how it can hurt, it's a fun idea. If I were American, I'd sign it.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Hate to be a downer, but I have to agree the White House petition is not a bright idea. To Civics-101-rant or not to Civics-101-rant...

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't know, I think that's kind of hilarious.

Hey, Mr. Obama, I didn't like the ending to Harry Potter. Could you please force Rowling to change it? What's that? You're dealing with an almost worldwide recession? But this is srs!

K'Kruhk, Darkslayer, credar and 5 others like this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And this is what I finally realize I watch to much South Park. This would be just like the season finale if we had Morgan Freeman to explain it.

13. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    I think they cancelled because of Ahsoka... She is major protagnist in TCW. And because of episodes with droids... I think that 4 episodes had bad ratings...

14. TheDisharmony

TheDisharmony Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    Since we are already late, there is no point.

TheMandalorian115 likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sadly it didn't have to be that way, and I don't think the show started with the intention of her being anything other than an additional main character who would add something to Anakin's story. She was not supposed to carry the show by herself, in fact, Lucas wanted her to die, Filoni is the one who wanted her to survive.

The episodes with the droids...again the writing team should have known that wouldn't fly. I don't know why they thought four episodes of droids wandering through a desert would be appealing at all.

07jonesj and darklordoftech like this.
  16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    All of the writers (except Brent Friedman) backed away from the table at the prospect of doing the droid arc. Brent took a gamble and stepped up to the plate. Yes, perhaps (in hindsight) it was not a smart choice, but I at least respect him for willing to take it on. It should have been reduced to two episodes, but they seemed to be locked into 4-part arcs for the season.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Since you know about that, serious question...what in the hell was he thinking?

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Not sure. Maybe he's the type that "goes against the grain". Maybe he thought "i'm willing to see if I can make this work. It'll be a challenge, but I'll give it a shot." However, on a few podcasts I listened to, the individuals said their kids really liked the droid arc. Kids also seemed to like Jar Jar and the Ewoks. So those types of stories (or story aspects) do appeal to a group of viewers. Of course, had the season ended on the droid arc, I'm not sure how strong the "Save The Clone Wars" campaign would have been.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That one seemed to get the worst reviews here even among people who seem to like every episode, but I do remember that the positive comments had to do with existentialism.

As much as I think Barriss' retcon is a total craptasm, that arc was a better one on which to end the season. Not sure that's saying much. But it did leave people wondering about the surviving characters, which I'm sure helped this petition along.

rumblewagon and Esg like this.
  20. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    Yeah,kids must really love that 4 episodes... Little ones.... Talking frog,R2D2 and stupid red miner droid are so great for them... But,kids had been scared with some other episodes,-like defeat of nightsisters...or Opress killing his younger brother...This show is more for older fans...

21. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    i have to agree the white house thing is a bad idea and cuts out non U.S fans
    im from England and was 6 when i saw anh in 1977 and feel the way to go is to bombard disney with emails.
    there 48 hour promise of a reply to my email has been and gone tho, just hope the remaining bonus content they promised will answer sidious plans for maul as this is the major plot point that need to be addressed as he cant be around during episode 3 dispite reports of a spin off.
    worst movie idea ever.!!

rumblewagon likes this.
  22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I will also agree to focus just on the one online petition we already have as well as letter writing, Tweeting, and emailing. For folks looking for more info on any of that, click on the two links in my signature.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Is there a source on that?

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I believe it's the commentary for the Season 5 finale. That, or it's one of Filoni's interviews he did after the finale aired.

Watto likes this.
  25. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Re: the Droids arc...

The way I see it, without that and the Younglings arc in there to balance the tone, S&P (that's Standards & Practices, dig) probably wouldn't have allowed the Maul arc (straight-up violence), the Onderon arc (controversial "insurgent" violence), and the Ahsoka arc (heavy stuff dealing with a kid-beloved character).

It's all part of the same big ol' whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.