main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Questions about Anakin and Jedai order

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by fenixbg, Mar 29, 2013.

1. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    I watched Clone wars,and after that ROTS(25 th time).
    First-I see in Clone wars Anakin had title of master and Ahsoka is his padawan-but-in ROTS he got his place in Council because of Palapatin.Also,in movie,Anakin never got title of master-so how is possible he have padawan-especially good one-like Ahsoka?Can someone explain me how is Clone wars connected with story???

2nd-Anakin duel with Dooku
    -Obi wan:"We will try this time together."
    Anakin:"My powers doubled after out last time".
    Dooku:-"Double pride-double fall".
    In five seasons I see lot of fights beetween them,and Anakin reactions is like he lost his hand recently.
    Anyone to connect this? Is there some book to connect me these things?

3rd question:personalities of Obi-Wan and Anakin:

In ROTS Obi-Wan is more distant than in tv show.Anakin is close to him,but Obi-Wan don't trust him enough,I get that feeling.Like they met two months before ROTS,not like they are master and padawan.

Anakin from Clone wars looks like someone who have confidence based on experience-and in movies he looks like someone who is costantly insecure,and constantly angry... I believe story is nice written but something is missing.

His behavior is not like he lost padawan...
    I also can't believe Palapatin is closer than Obi -Wan... Palpatin knows for Padme,Palaptin knows for sand people,Palpatin told him to kill Dooku....

I must ask one more thing-why Jedai can't interfere in other conflicts outside Republic?
    If Jedai council know what happened with Revan,Malak,Kreia etc,and where they got power-how is possible they can be so shortsided? Especially for patient and logic pacifists....
    How is possible most citizens don't know difference beetween Jedai and Sith? Sith empires and democratic Republic?They are very technologicaly advanced...

I am big fan of Star Wars,I registered only to get answers on this questions.
    I really like this epic story,but maybe I have some "holes" in knowledge,and want to know better.
    I am not troll :D

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    1. It is not necessary to be a Master in order to train a Padawan.

2. Good question. Several people have had issues with how often Anakin and Dooku met during TCW. Anakin being pissed off about his hand for several years, however, fits his personality.

3. As I see it, the movies, due to their time constraints and the absolute necessity of showing Anakin going "dark," showed more of his temperamental and moody side, whereas the TV show had more time to show his cheerful side, plus it had more time to show his friendship with Obi-Wan.

"His behavior is not like he lost his padawan." Can't help you there. Who the hell knows. We don't even have a time frame on that one.

"Why can't Jedi interfere with conflicts outside the Republic?" Not in their jurisdiction.

ILNP likes this.
  3. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    1. Ok-but he is brought to Council in ep 3-I thought Ahsoka is his padawan after ep 2 and before ep 3. Ok,so/padawan can train another and padawan's padawan call his/her teacher master..
    3. My mistake-I interpreted deffiniton of "keepers(guardians) of peace" like "universal" position,not only in borders of Republic

Thank you for answers :D

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    2nd-Anakin duel with Dooku
    -Obi wan:"We will try this time together."
    Anakin:"My powers doubled after out last time".
    Dooku:-"Double pride-double fall".
    In five seasons I see lot of fights beetween them,and Anakin reactions is like he lost his hand recently.
    Anyone to connect this? Is there some book to connect me these things?

---------

my powers have doubled since we last met count..the day before yesterday

kubricklynch likes this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This (and many other things) were going to be addressed before the series was cancelled.

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    1. You are allowed to have a padawan as a Jedi Knight. Anakin is a Jedi Knight when he takes Ahsoka as his padawan. Obi-Wan was just promoted to a Jedi Knight to take Anakin as his padawan.
    2. Anakin and Dooku last fought in 21 ABY on Naboo, where you could see Anakin was finally becoming more than a match for Dooku. Dooku and Anakin next meet in 19 ABY, two years later. More than enough time with someone with the power of the Chosen One's strength to double. Heck, Luke's doubled to the point were he could face Vader after only two weeks with Yoda.
    3. Obi-Wan and Anakin aren't distant at all. They banter as close friends throughout the series. If anything, you'd have trouble thinking they had a strained relationship in the movies if you'd judge their relationship off the show. They are close comrades.

7. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    1. I didn't see in movies anything about Anakin's Jedi knight status-probably I missed that part-I thought he is still padawan(before ep 3) :/
    2.Yeah I agree with that-but I had feeling like - "double pride double fall" sentence mean there were only two duels beetween them-and Dooku will win again...
    3.I feel like Obi Wan(in movies) have so much pride for Jedi,and keep distance with Anakin.Sentence -"You were like my brother,Anakin"-is little big in words... Maybe problem is actors,I don't know...

8. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    2. Anakin and Dooku last fought in 21 ABY on Naboo, where you could see Anakin was finally becoming more than a match for Dooku. Dooku and Anakin next meet in 19 ABY, two years later. More than enough

---

to some us he last met him on Geonosis

I might aswell put "regardless at what the animated pixels say" it would stop me repeating myeslf,

(I wish i could go from human to Cartoon to human again)

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    1. Obi-Wan says in ANH that Anakin was a Jedi Knight. I thought the lack of the padawan braid would have been obvious.
    2. He has double the pride when they last met on Naboo, and will have "double the fall"
    3. Problem is writing.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Luckily TCW was cancelled before they had any more Anakin vs. Dooku battles.

And they would have.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    They also said in TPM opening crawl that 2 Jedi knights had been dispatched to Naboo. But Obi Wan wasn't a knight at that point. Yoda bestowed the level of knight upon him at the end of the film. He was still a Padawan.

fenixbg likes this.
  12. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    • Luckily TCW was cancelled before they had any more Anakin vs. Dooku battles.

And they would have.​
    ---------------------

you're a brave guy Arawn, want to borrow my flame shield? :p

13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Does ABY mean 'after battle of Yavin'?

14. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I think it does :p

but I didn't post it I was quoting someone who did,

15. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

1. Anakin no longer had a padawan braid in ROTS.

2. No, I believe that was Dooku commenting on both Obi-Wan and Anakin's assumptions of a quick victory over him.

3. I don't understand the comment. It's quite obvious that Obi-Wan has deep emotions for Anakin in AOTC and ROTS, despite his reservations about the younger man's pride and arrogance.

16. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013

17. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah just like Mungo had deep feelings for Sheriff Bart in Blazing Saddles. Deep feelings? Pfft

18. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I agree that Anakin's knighting is an important detail that was left to microseries. It would have been nice to see at the end of Attack of the Clones, but then it would be too similar to the Phantom Menace.

Also, Anakin's line in ROTS definately refers to his duel with Dooku on Geonosis. But adding more duels in between didn't contradict this statement, though. It does take away some of the tension, however. Another similar situation is between Anakin and Grievous; however, because they officially first meet in ROTS, the writers of TCW had to refrain from having them duel.

Also, I just assume that 'Jedi Knight' is a blanket term to refer to members of the Jedi order.

ILNP likes this.
  19. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    I think this is one of the challenges/problems with so much of the SW "story" being told out of sequence. Personally, I enjoyed ROTS and I think they did a pretty good job of leaving things "as they needed to be" to connect up with the start of ANH, but even there, there are some challenges and questions. So when they decide to wedge in a series devoted to events between AOTC and ROTS, it isn't surprising that they create some continuity questions/problems with ROTS.

fenixbg likes this.
  20. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    The Anakin in TCW seems to be a completely different person from who was in AotC and RotS.

Quite frankly, I prefer the animated Anakin.

Captain Tom Coughlin and fenixbg like this.
  21. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013

I agree. And Obi-Wan is much different..

I agree with this too.I am little disappointed with so much incosistencies.

That was first thing I thought... But I found out there is several books,novels,several SW games I didn't play(Force unleashed I,II ,Jedi academy) and I thought some of more hardcore fans can connect such things.
    But, at the end,it seems my first opinion was right one...

22. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I simply feel like the Clone Was were stupid. I enjoyed the non 3D episodes in the very beginning, a couple of months after ROTS was released. The Clone Wars just give me a weird vibe, and some of the story in them mess with what the movies have to say, which is a result of your questions. Just enjoy the movies in my opinion, they're so much better;)

fenixbg likes this.
  23. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    This is exactly why it's best to separate the EU from the movies in the first place. You don't have these conflicts when you just enjoy them separately on their own merits. You don't have to create ridiculous explanations to force things to fit together that don't fit together, either.

The Clone Wars was a good, entertaining show. It only effects continuity if you choose to let it. That's a choice.

Dredalus likes this.