main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep. I've heard this idea before. I like it. However, Vader and Obi-Wan should never meet.

DarthMateous, Rawne and kubricklynch like this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I doubt they would meet.

3. Marc McAllister

Marc McAllister Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2013
    I'm not sure i like the idea of Darth Maul hunting down Obi Wan. I didn't like that we assumed Darth Maul was dead, we never actually saw him die, but we trusted that he was, and now he's not. I think Disney would be crazy not to ask Ewan MacGregor to reprise the role, but what about the rule of two? Unless Palpatine doesn't know Maul is alive and he's hunting down Obi Wan to gain enough power in the darkside to become a Sith again, but that would make Maul smarter than Vader and The Emporer. If this spin off explains that there's only 2 sith - The Source of All Evil/Yellow Eyes- "The Master" and The Seer, his apprentice and that the Imperial Guard, Ventress are only untrained Jedi/Sith that Dark Jedi could be explained as Sith in Limbo, Jedi in the Dark and serve as the movie that explains the Mara backstory i'd like it, but for Maul to outsmart Vader is impossible. It like Maul to be the 1st Imperial Guard which in the ST become the Imperial Knights and he's no longer strong enough with the Darkside to be called a Sith, he's just a Dark Jedi. Because Anakin destroyed the Sith, and there's only two Sith at a time. These things can't change. Obi Wan died on the Death Star because there can only be one Omega Yoda/Anakin at the end of ROTJ and one Alpha Mace/Obi Wan/Luke, and in order for Luke to defeat Vader he had to become Sword of The Jedi, which imo is what Alpha is. Jaina and Luke had the be unconscious for Jacen to become the ultimate manifestation of the Force.

4. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Obi Wan fighting off some of Vader's minions in the desert, maybe going off world, looking out for Luke in the shadows, hell yes.

Darth Maul with some robot legs just no. Please god no. Come up with something new. Darth Maul died in that hole as far as I'm concerned. Dragging old, played-out characters back from hell isn't too creative I wouldn't say.

Vader will be purging the galaxy of Jedi. He will have to hire a lot of seedy characters to help him. There's too many fresh ideas to slap some silly robot legs on Maul. Obi Wan handed his arse to him. Darth Maul is dead.

There will be an obi wan movie. It won't have maul in it.

5. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    These are the films they will make me thinks:

Pre-Prequel Yoda movie. Takes place 100s of years before anything we've seen on screen. Young Yoda in his prime, destroying.

Boba Fett movie is a no brainer. Logan and Morrison would be perfect for a story set between episode 2 & 3 or between 3 & 4. Beloved character. Easy access casting. Sure thing. Logan in a coming of age story. Chilling.

A young Han Solo movie. We get to see the origins of the falcon and some of the exploits alluded to. First encounter with Lando perhaps? A Solo movie will happen.

A Vader/Obi Wan movie. Vader is in full swing hunting down the remaining Jedi in the Galaxy. We see this and the Obi Wan on Tatooine story in same flick. Imagine a young Vader honing his darkside skills on the remaining Jedi and Obi Wan fending off villains and agents of the Empire on Tatooine. Ooooo.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A Vader/Obi-Wan movie between ROTS and ANH? No, just no. Keep the duels between them to ROTS and ANH. None of the garbage either like in TCW where Anakin and Grievous come insanely close meeting up. None of that or Dooku and Anakin facing each other several times. Honor the ROTS and ANH duels as their only duels.
    A Obi-Wan and Maul spin-off film on the other hand I could see happening. I do not agree with Maul coming back in TCW but if he went to Tatooine for some reason and found Obi-Wan I wouldn't complain on that one. Just have to figure out why Palpatine didn't know unless Maul escaped from his service.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Or died before he had a chance to report his finding to Palpatine.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I think that if Maul was on the tail of Obi-Wan he would report it to Palpatine just in case. If I was on the tail of someone I would report it to my superior and if I died that might alert him that something was up. Granted TCW doesn't really use logic like that so he very well might have challenged Obi-Wan before reporting in.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

kubricklynch likes this.
  10. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    That movie can never be made. If Fett tried to hunt down Kenobi, that encounter would end with Fett dead. Also, if Vader KNEW where Obi-Wan was hiding, he would have personally hunted him down himself.

11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Well seeing someone get cut in half and both halves falling down a huge shaft of some sort, you kind of get the impression, 'well, that's the end of them'

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The only way that could work is if Fett was on Tatooine looking for someone else and Obi-Wan interfered but Boba didn't know who Obi-Wan was.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Fett might choose not to report Obi-Wan to Vader. Who knows what motives, desires, and dreams Boba might have?

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I think my opinion on Why Darth maul came back in the clone wars was because some fans thought he should of not been killed and lucas decided to bring him back!

I bet the Darth maul and obi-wan kenobi spin-off film would be pretty cool. Maybe darth maul can have desiples at his side!

15. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    A Kenobi/Fett/Vader movie would be damn good.

EU not considered, Vader has clearly worked with Fett before - in ESB "No disintegrations" is clearly aimed at Boba, immediately giving ties to an event that can be explored. Obviously, Vader would be hell bent on eliminating the remaining Jedi - He couldn't do it all himself, so why not have him recruit some Bounty Hunter scum and merge the two plotlines? Makes perfect sense to me.

Maybe the aforementioned disintegrations could be Vader sending Fett out to get information regarding Kenobi's location - but Boba gets a touch trigger happy and ends up wiping out the lead/informant (Bothan spy welcome for this role).

The argument that if Vader knew of Obi Wan's location makes some sense, but equally so - I don't think he'd be stupid enough to take Obi Wan on his own territory, it's much more in Vader's style to have Kenobi bought before him. Failing that, Fett could follow a lead to Tatooine - unaware that he was tailing Obi Wan of all people.

Throw in some scenes of Kenobi silently protecting the Lars Homestead to keep Luke safe - and I think we've got ourselves a movie.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd love to see the Plagueis novel made into a movie. It could be titled around Palpatine since he appears almost as much (Disney gets name recognition). AND we'd get Ian McDiarmid again. Any thoughts?

17. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I'd watch it. Doubt Disney would do it though as it wouldn't be related to the ST.

18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Do the standalone films need to relate to the ST? Anyway, they could tie in a connection to one of Palpatine's disciples/other apprentice (I've seen this rumor a few times that a character like this may appear in the ST).

black_saber likes this.
  19. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    They don't need to, but that would be the most financially logical thing to do.

20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I guess that's my Prequel Trilogy bias coming out. I know I am not in the majority but I enjoy the PT more - it's what I grew up with :)

21. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    Hey, if it were up to me, they'd make a film for every SW character ever. The more Star Wars the better.

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    The Kenobi movie would probably have Qui-gon's ghost as well. I imagine it as a western. It would focus on Obi-wan relationship with Owen. They start out as friends, but have a falling out. Owen has gotten into trouble, and Obi-wan helps out, but things go wrong. Also, maybe Obi-wan wants to start training Luke, but Owen won't let him. We could also have Obi-wan freeing the slaves of Tatooine like Moses (something I thought we would see in the prequels).

FRAGWAGON and Darth Venator like this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It depends on where it is in relation to the two movies. Closer to ROTS, Fett might not know why Vader wants Obi-Wan but Obi-Wan looks more like he did in the PT so Fett should recognize him but would Vader think he was good enough? Closer to ANH Fett might know why Vader wants Obi-Wan, but doesn't look like him and should be experienced enough. So who knows?

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If Maul had come back in AOTC I wouldn't have minded but TPM came out 10-11 years before Maul was on TCW. He's been dead for that long so keep him dead. A Maul apprentice could be cool

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The most obvious spin-off that doesn't involve Kenobi is what was mentioned in the opening scrawl of Starwars. The Rebellion had won it's first victory against the Empire. Which implies a that previously there had been defeats and the victory as well. Both stories worth telling in JMO