main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello from Praguescant

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Miras-Etrin, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Hello people, I am 27-year old guy from Prague, Czech republic, semi - professional journalist and great fan of the Orginal trilogy. I am not Prequel hater exactly, but I simply have no urge to see those films unlike OT. I am also not EU reader, but after the Disney aquisition, I gave myself a little marathon consisting of Secret history of Star Wars, Thrawn trilogy and Luceno´s Darth Plagueis novel. and currently I am watching closely news about Episode VII, which I am using also as material for my articles.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hello and welcome! You seem to have been here for a couple of months already, so I'm sure you know your way around, but if you need help with anything, just ask us here and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. I hope you're enjoying the forums :)

3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
  4. Miras-Etrin

Jan 23, 2013
    Thank you both Bens!

5. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
  6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Miras-Etrin! :)

Giving a little marathon of SW? How long did you need for all those books? It would have taken me ages and it sounds that you just needed a few days to a few weeks. ;)

Enjoy your stay! :)

7. Miras-Etrin

Jan 23, 2013
    Thank you! Well I think it was about two months in total. In "History" I was kinda skipping many pages dealing with the some production details, but the real stories I´ve been reading normally.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Welcome to the internets!

9. Miras-Etrin

Jan 23, 2013
    I´m glad I can be part of you :) .

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Two months... not bad! :D

So you had one (or two or three) of those "summary-books"? I like those. Lots of short stories and many details. Easy to read inbetween. :)

11. Miras-Etrin

Jan 23, 2013
    No, I was just talking that when reading Kaminski´s book I skipped details of Lucas dealings with studio, vacation or long summaries of how was Anakin suppsedly old in the original concept and how it had to be changed. After that I simply read those four mentioned EU books.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, I think we are talking about the same books. I just named them wrong (being at my mobile phone and looking up the right word would have taken too much time ;) ). I meant the books that speak about the background stuff as well as those that are like dictionaries. Or let me say "everything but novels" :p - ok that doesn't fit perfectly as well, since that would include comics, too. But I think you get the big picture. ;) :)

Btw that Kaminski book looks really interesting. Need to save it on my "to buy list". ;)

13. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome! I also read the novels!