main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Series 2 Cards

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Irish501st

Irish501st Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2013
    I dig john's design!

2. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I like both designs, kudos to each of you.
    I personally would go with Jon's....

3. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    There was a mention of numbering the cards; that's cool! Just wondering, how are those numbers determined? Our fav/lucky number? The order in which we joined the club? Random?

4. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Anna's card is going to be 23.

As in AA23...

72Princess likes this.
  5. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Can I have a list of those interested in trading cards for the Bisons event? If you have photos, please email me with the high resolution photos (full length shot, please) so I can start working on the art work.

My priority for the moment is to complete those who need their cards BEFORE the Bisons event. Anyone who would like trading cards after the event, I will gladly do the artwork for you once the Bisons game has passed.

Thanks guys,
    Jon

6. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'd really like cards in time for Bisons. I will get you the pic files ASAP

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'd like my cards for SWN. Waiting to order next chest rods so that pictures can be taken.

Thanks Jon!

8. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I would like my cards for SWN. I will arrange photos with BOB ASAP.

9. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I would like a pilot card for swn. I will get you some pics

Also a Grievous card too....

10. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Figure at least a chewie card and maybe one or two other cards

11. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Larry will want new Jedi cards.
    Janice at least new Emperor.

12. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I'll definitely want some of the amazing cards you already mocked up, John. They look great.

13. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'll go with whichever the group decides on. Larry, I think I may have sent you the rest of the text details and color in an email.

14. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    It's official, I will be taking on the project for preparing images for the trading cards. This is a logical move since the design is my own and I can easily make adjustments as needed. I want to thank Larry and Janice for contacting Danny to take this on, and thank you Danny for your willingness to jump in on this. After talking with Danny, we both have agreed that it would just be easier for me to work on this project first hand.

I want to make sure that everyone who is requesting cards is able to get them in time for the Bisons game. Again, if anyone does not need the cards for the game, please allow me to work on those cards that are needed. I am willing to continue this work after the Bisons event on an "as needed" basis.

I won't be at the March meeting, but if I could add this into the discussion as a thought - I see that there are some members with multiple costumes that show interest in multiple cards. Can I put the suggestion there to submit cards for the costumes that you plan on wearing for the Bison's game first, and allow me take those as priority. This will give more members the opportunity to get their cards done as well. If there is time available, I can then work on additional images for additional cards/characters.

I would also like to set a deadline for submitting the images to work on. I was thinking of mid April for this deadline so I can have time to work on the images and return to you as soon as possible. I will still accept images after that time, but cannot guarantee that they will be done in time for the game (although, I will try my best...).

Numbering - In my absence, please have this discussion at the meeting. I have already given Chris some ideas on numbering cards and understand that there are some members who are going to request a certain number for the series. People can request a number, but it will be on a first come first served basis. The number must also fall in the range number of cards being produced in this run. Any other members who jump in after the initial run, or add an alternate costume, will be assigned the next number in succession.

Ordering process - Dan mentioned that he has the contact information and pricing for the company that will actually print the cards. Dan, can you contact me off boards with more information on this? I specifically need to know the file formats that they would like the cards submitted to them. I do have the template that you sent me (thank you!). Can we come up with a defined process for the work flow on these orders (i.e. Photos taken by either Bob or myself, photos submitted to Jon for Photoshop/Illustrator layout, final images returned to member for submission to printer or forwarded to Dan for group order)

Ok, not including myself, I have 11 takers so far. If you are going to have pictures taken, please make sure that this is done on a plain GREEN background. This will make things much easier for me to separate background from the character. I'll work my best with the pictures that have already been taken and or will need to arrange to retake the photos myself as needed.

If you have your photos already, please forward them to me so I can start work on them.

72Princess likes this.
  15. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Working on setting up a time with Bob right now...would be interested in cards for SW Night.

16. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    AJ and I are BOTH IN! Details to follow- scheduling the photo shoot soon

17. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Planning to get some costume work done in order to take an updated picture.

18. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Just a reminder to everyone when getting photos, Bob will need to set up a plain background with a green coloring. He should be able to do this with just color gels over his lights. Please remind him that this needs to be an untextured background this will make things easier for me to separate character.

19. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    John, What email address should I send my photos to you at? Or are you going to use the stock photos that Larry has?

20. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Got my appointment with Bob for 4/4!

21. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Please use my AOL address listed on the NorthRidge Contact List. That address is current.

22. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    I have pictures from Steve Losey Sr. and Bill Reynolds. Bill's front of card image is done. Steve's card front will be done today. I'll be working to complete the back of Bills card with the information he provided. Steve, please use the example of my card as a template and send me a PM with the information you would like on the back.

Peter Sr. Still looking for that picture.

23. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Is that your costume that Larry used on his card demo? I just need a full length photo and if you would like me to use that one, I can certainly do that. The toe of your boot is cut off in that demo card. Do you have a pic that doesn't cut any part of the costume off?

24. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    We had our pics taken yesterday (Thursday). Will forward next week.

25. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Had to reschedule due to an unforeseen happening.