main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    o_O

2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I am being completely serious. Robert Redford is boring, and had it not been for Paul Newman Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid would have been long forgotten. He's a good director....but as an actor......meh.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's a smarmy egocentric actor. Usually can't stand him. Same thing with Kevin Costner or Warren Beatty.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Uhhhhhhhh....

Sneakers
    Spy Game
    Indecent Proposal

Those are all good (and good performances) and aren't even in his top three.

The Candidate
    All The President's Men
    The Sting

And yes, Butch Cassidy... all good stuff.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    You forgot The Natural and The Last Castle on that shortlist. Great films with great performances.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You mean the spaghetti sauce dude.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    New concept art from GOTG and TWS:

[​IMG]

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Why does the concept art on Cap look like Ryan Gosling?

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Because Ryan Gosling is playing the brother, Commander Canada.

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    collider.com is reporting Zoe Saldana is in negotiations to play Gamora. I like it,she's sexy and can pull off the action stuff too.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's just the angle and the haircut. Also Gosling's acting style is equal to a still image, so it's easy to confuse the two.

12. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    What's she trying to be, the queen of space?

(I'm cool with that, though)

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    She wants to give Weaver a run for the title. ;)

14. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I still say Tom Kenny as Rocket Raccoon.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Some more concept art, including Falcon and Winter Soldier:

Ulicus likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    With the still on that video, it took me a bit to get past my initial reaction of "Why the hell is Thor on Naboo?"

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

*suddenly looks at plot bunnies at her feet*

No! shoo! Go away!

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Here's some news about the SHIELD tv show, an official summary.

Joss Whedon shows us not all heroes are super with "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, Marvel's The Avengers, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).
    Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen ("Dollhouse," "Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog"), Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias") and Jeph Loeb ("Smallville," "Lost," "Heroes") comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176025-arvels-shield-is-now-marvels-agents-of-shield

With the previous confirmation that the show is post Avengers this pretty much states Coulson is still alive, as he's the one putting the team together.

19. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I suspect that Coulson's humanity (as opposed to being a "life model") will be an on-going question on the series.

20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Thats cool, but I didn't know Jeph Loeb was involved. [face_plain]

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Clark Gregg basically said the mystery could be a season arc. As long as it is really him and not a LMD, I'll be happy.

22. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Watch him end up being Mar-Vell in disguise lol!

23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    He's been in charge of Marvel's TV division for a while.

24. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Yeah, I thought that was just the animation area. :(

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    S.H.I.E.L.D. has had it's title expanded to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".

Also, filming has begun on TWS:

Directing the film is the team of Anthony and Joe Russo ("Welcome to Collinwood") from a screenplay written by Christopher Markus ("Captain America: The First Avenger") & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: The First Avenger"). Marvel’s "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" returns Chris Evans ("Captain America: The First Avenger," "Marvel’s The Avengers") as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America, along with Scarlett Johansson ("Marvel’s The Avengers," "Iron Man 2") as Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson ("Marvel’s The Avengers," "Iron Man 2") as Nick Fury. In addition, film icon Robert Redford has joined the all-star cast as Agent Alexander Pierce, a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization. "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is set for release in the U.S. on April 4, 2014.

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will pick-up where "Marvel’s The Avengers" left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1941, Marvel’s "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" features an outstanding supporting cast that includes Sebastian Stan ("Captain America: The First Avenger," "Black Swan") as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie ("The Hurt Locker," "Million Dollar Baby") as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Cobie Smulders ("Marvel’s The Avengers," "How I Met Your Mother") as Agent Maria Hill, Frank Grillo ("Zero Dark Thirty") as Brock Rumlow and Georges St-Pierre ("Death Warrior") as Georges Batroc. Rounding out the talented cast are Hayley Atwell ("Captain America: The First Avenger") as Peggy Carter, Toby Jones ("Captain America: The First Avenger," "The Hunger Games") as Arnim Zola, Emily VanCamp ("The Ring 2," "Revenge") as Agent 13 and Maximiliano Hernández ("Marvel’s The Avengers," "Thor") as Agent Jasper Sitwell.

Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing the film. Executive producers on the project include Alan Fine, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo and Stan Lee. The creative production team on the film includes director of photography Trent Opaloch ("Elysium," "District 9"), production designer Peter Wenham ("21 Jump Street," "Fast Five"), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. and Mary Jo Markey, A.C.E. ("Star Wars: Episode 7," "The Perks of Being a Wallflower") and three time Oscar®-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky ("The Hunger Games," "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone").