main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Episode VII FAQ/Spoiler Policy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mavjade , Oct 31, 2012.

1. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    This is a walk in the park?
    I am afraid. I am very afraid. [face_hypnotized]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I wonder what ever happened to David? :confused:

3. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    I didn't mean to kill the thread, I really didn't. David was a troll I dealt with back in the old days. Hopefully, we wont have to deal with his type this time around, although I won't take any bets either way.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    For your edification: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/palpatine-sidious-its-so-obvious.245896/page-54

It took 63 pages and multiple bannings to resolve the fact that Sidious and Palpatine were the same person. This is after AOTC, mind you...

5. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Wait, what? Wasn't it clear after the the OT? An Emperor, who obviously has Dark side training, named Palpatine (not sure whether his name came from the films or the EU but even so...) and then in TPM, there's a Senator who is elevated to Chancellor by manipulating Anakin Skywalker's future wife/mother of his children and he says to little Anakin "we'll be watching your career with great interest" and people believed that these people were still separate?!

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Is this for real? You mean Darth Sidious and the chancellor were one and the same? I'm astounded.

7. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    And the debate goes on!

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He was Qui Gon this whole time!

9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I knew the name Palpatine somehow back in RotJ days. Was the figure called Emperor Palpatine (that is my recollection), or was it a book?

Now the name Darth Sidious, that was new (to me)

10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Yep the figure was called Emperor Palpatine. I was always remember it because (where I lived anyway) you couldn't buy it in the shops. You had to send of for it.

11. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Yup, that's how I got it too

12. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    From the "Star Wars: A New Hope", 1976 Novelization by George Lucas,

"Prologue -
    ... the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected President of the Republic ... Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor ..."

That could be where people remembered the name from, Lucas himself mentioned that the entire prequel trilogy was based on that two-page prologue from 1976.

13. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Aha - so it seems it was both the book (although I didn't read the novelization) and the figure

14. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Regarding this Palpatine talk. I and many others were just sure Palpatine was Sidious, but never before TPM was there this double identity thing that would make people question it. Many felt there was more to it since that concept was presented, and the whole "clone" thing of the Clone Wars title hadn't been specified yet. It was fun unexpected detail of TPM to mull over and examine.

Anyway, flashback to the Prequel era. There was information trickling in obviously from people working behind the scenes, either from the visual effects departments or set builders or extras. Where are these people now? I prefer to be as spoiler-free as much as possible, but I'm surprised none of those people are whispering to sites like this, what with stuff supposedly in development.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's classic! Oh those poor, poor Cloners must have been so disappointed with ROTS. Hopefully we'll get some really crazy out there debates like that this time around. Oh wait... :p

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, that thread was good, good times. That is a JCF classic right there.

17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    To be honest, I kind of miss those crazy theory days. Something was going on at least.
    I mean, yeah, we'll have all that again once we have something concrete to go all crazy theory about but until then...

...and yeah, can't fail to mention the infamous webcam thing, most useless waste of dial-up I ever did.

18. Master-obiwan

Master-obiwan Jedi Master star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    I remember that< It was great.

Remember the guy that was writing his own fan novel to ROTS that was actually pretty good?

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It was OK - he was spoiled to have a 'captive audience' in the 3sa forum thought.

20. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i remember getting up super early in the morning to read his chapter updates. it was an amazing read at the time, but looking back on it -- why was that a thing?

21. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I confess that I am getting extremely frustrated with the amount of star trek spoilers on this board. I had no plans to see it in the theater, but Ive already found out far too much about this film solely from reading star wars forums. I was going to wait for the DVD but I will go see it next weekend because these forums seem to be more about star trek than star wars lately.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This. I won't even go into the J.J. Abrams thread right now.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Twice I have asked people in that thread to a) use spoiler tags and b) somehow relate their points to how the new Trek movie makes them think Abrams will do with Ep. VII. I'm gonna go take a look again.

stormcloud8 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    In case you guys didn't see in the JJ Abrams thread, Jedi Merkurian has taken care of the existing spoilers by adding spoiler tags, and we'll be deleting any new ones going forward. :cool:

25. Master-obiwan

Master-obiwan Jedi Master star 1

Aug 13, 2004
    How about the ones that thought sidious was thousands of years old.