main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Just my opinion so allow me to opine. I think E7 will primarily be about setting the scene and establishing characters. Sure there's going to be action offcourse. But the fundamentals will be the characters. Also i think lightsabre duels will be at a premium (if any) in the 1st instalment. As for the HUGE space battles leave them to the later episodes. When your accustomed to, and hopefully give a damn about the characters involved and there's a palpable sense that everything's on the line. JJ and Arndt are smart guys and so is Kasdan so they will know how to set the tone in E7. There's 3 films to tell the story after all so it's surely a case of slowly slowly wins the race. IMO

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hamill does look a bit plumpy in that clip. Thing is, it’s a shame, because he’s a good looking chap and it makes him look a lot older than he actually is. I hope he does get in better shape. Not just for the ST, but for himself.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I kinda feel bad for Hamill since he's gunna have the most pressure on him of all the OT cast. Most pressure to look a certain way, most pressure to act a certain way, most pressure to want to become this jedi master he hasn't played in years. It kinda sucks for him cause if he doesn't live up to expectations *both visually and acting wise* people will be pissed. It kinda sucks for ALL the Ot cast because while they might have a new cast to carry all the heavy baggage, fans/aware audiences will probably be focusing in on the OT cast.

4. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    I don't think there's much pressure. We don't know what Jedi Master Luke is supposed to be like. We'll be seeing a different Luke to the one we know.

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    After looking through a lot of fans expectations, desires, and worries for Luke, I can't imagine there NOT being huge pressure on Hamill to live up to them. I bet Hamill is aware of peoples concerns and expectations so hopefully when filming starts we wont have much to worry about. Still.....I feel bad for him because almost all eyes will be on him regardless of his role size.

6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Hamill is all pro. He doesn't think this way. This is something he wants to do very much, and something that is very unique for an actor.

He is also quite under-rated in my book.

7. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

Well they did the painted posters for the Prequels. I don't think they will change the tradition. But I agree, there needs to be a Solo poster with the Big 7. I personally think they should hire this guy. I mean it may be an imitation of a Legend's work but he did a damn good job. Look at the comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Come on, that's almost spot on. If Drew doesn't want to do it, they have this guy. These were my favorite Covers from the 80's VHS days:

[​IMG]

kubricklynch and Lee_ like this.
  8. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Also I don't know why everyone is so obessed with the Ages and Weight of the Big 3. I was 3 years old when ROTJ came out in 83. I'm 33 now, I don't look anywhere as near as I did 30 years ago as a 3 year old. Their older, they aren't the young people we were introduced too. Matter of fact Harrison was my age now when he did "Star Wars". I think we live in a ageist society but Star Wars has had a lot of great older characters in it's history. Does Mark need to get in the gym? sure he could tone down but I don't expect him to be like he was 30 years ago.

He's going to play a wise Jedi master. If they could have Dooku fighting with his age, I'm sure they can have a cool scene with Mark. Also they aren't going to be Leads. This is a passing of the torch film. I'm sure their roles will be significant but it's about passing it to a new generation. (Yoda- Pass on what you have learned). Just seeing them all again no matter how old they are is going to be like a time machine to the 80's for me. This is a moment I've dreamed of a long time. I would tell friends I would love to see a Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. I can't believe we are closer to reality.

9. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Will Wedge Antilles feature in these films? Thoughts?

10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I hope that IF there is an OT fight scene *I think Luke is the most inevitable for fan service reasons* they have him actually come off as an elderly bad ass *gandalf comes to mind* and NOT like..you know "God..please stop. You look ridiculous. You're not an action star anymore. Stop trying to be. Or...stop telling your stunt double to be". Kinda like this
    *Not like thats gunna happen but could you imagine? That would be hilarious!*
    I want bad assery! While I'm still wondering whether they will actually have a fight *training scene I can see or something quick. Something about a prolonged villain vs hero *or mentor in this case* seems a bit debatable* I just really hope they can pull it off and NOT have it look like either obvious stunt doubles or "WTF are you doing?"

11. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah or a cgi Luke doing somersaults and spinning in the air or something. And yes I know cgi has come on in leaps and bounds but it will still look fake. If there are to be sabre fights keep it real. Luke's gonna be an old man in E7. If its it a younger character then sure, have him doing flips and stuff. Less is more IMO

Darth Claire likes this.
  12. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Not bad. I don't think the OT characters will up this much space on the poster though; it will probably be more the new characters.

13. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Aw, Hell, I don't give a $#!+ what they look like, bring em!

Darth Gumby and Jcuk like this.
  14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'd love to see him light up his saber, but not really have to move around very much because he's so badass. Check this out as a for instance:

Granted, this is just a demonstration, but check out how little the dude in black actually moves around - it's all in the weapons. Not saying I want Luke to dual-wield or anything - I just see Luke as the kind of guy who enters battle completely unconcerned, and uses the force and his extreme skill to be - well, the opposite of Yoda.

TreborSabreon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    That vid is pretty cool. I hope they manage to create a fighting style that looks natural, and is less crazy complicated *let the new cast have the fun tricks since they might be able to pull it off better than a 70 year old*. I kinda want to see the new lead and Luke have at least one fight together with the new villain and have that fight show the 3 different types of styles *like Luke has his own, the new guy has his own and the villain his own*. Cause I kinda hope the new hero/villain doesn't fight exactly like young Luke or Anakin/Vader or whatever prequel character. Make it interesting and new and personalized for that character or at the very least a combination of both Luke and Anakin's styles.

16. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    You know, looking back at the three above posters of the PT, I suddenly don't see why some fans were so up in arms about JJ Abrams's supposed lens flare mania, as they are also quite full of them (indeed, even the OT ones have a few, too), and yet it doesn't distract from their artistic value... In other words: pot, meet kettle.

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

Lee_ and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  17. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Hmm, I think there's a big difference between "lens flare on a poster" and "lens flare in the actual movie".

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, there are definitely some lens flares - one of the most iconic scenes ever (the falcon flying into the Death Star battle) has a pretty massive lens flare. The difference is - Star Wars uses lens flares for dramatic effect, JJ throws up lens flare.

TreborSabreon and kubricklynch like this.
  19. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I couldn't agree with this more. So tired of all the "they're too old" or "look at his/her/they're weight" comments. Plenty more people will be happy to see the original cast back, even if they're only in Episode VII, but I'm hoping at least Luke and Leia are in the ST in some way until Episode IX. Obviously Artoo and Threepio must be in the whole ST.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Unfortunately we live in a society where ageism is prevalent. So these shallow comments are to be expected about the OT actors. I personally couldn't give a **** it's just going to be fantastic seeing them reprise their roles in the ST. Obviously as a realist I'm not expecting them to be the jumping and running around all over the place, it's just gonna be cool to see them.

21. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Yeah, watch those ageist remarks! [face_not_talking]

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  22. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    He is another that deserves to be there if you ask me. He is also Ewan Mcgregor's uncle.

23. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Indeed he is, infact Dennis Lawson still looks almost identical now as to when he was Wedge Antilles. As a leading Rebel pilot he could easily be worked into the story.

24. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah, he looks great. There really is no real reason not to use him, but who knows if they will. Would be nice. There are certainly many people who would recognize him as having been in all three OT films, and for those who don't, it's one of those cool little things to discover.

25. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Denis Lawson really hates SW as much as people think Alec Guinness did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.