main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That's only a rumour and not confirmed.

We know from JAT and things said over the last few months that S6 is finished or practically done. IGN said back in November that Filoni had told them that S6 was practically done. So there is some confusion considering what the fans know. In a few days RebelForceRadio will be interviewing Filoni. I'm not holding out any hope that he will reveal anything but you never know.

Embomania and darklordoftech like this.
  2. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    It showed Cargo of Doom. This is the first I've seen. But it was also my first free Saturday

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    TCW has been cancelled.
    Let's petition the federal government of the United States of America to intervene!
    Okay.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah, those are the syndicated episodes being replayed (nothing new will air). This link shows the current week's syndicated episodes: http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/syndication/

Leland Chee's blog entries show the order in which they will air since they are now chronological instead of broadcast order: http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/02/15/chronicling-the-clone-wars-8/#more-20490

The last entry took us through "Landing at Point Rain" after which they cycled back 10 episodes and replayed again. I think he said they will add more syndicated episodes to follow Point Rain after it airs again, and he'll add those to the blog. My question is... Are they only airing Season 1-3 in syndication?

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    People scare me.

6. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Obama uses Star Wars when he talked about politic recently so he should help us to save TCW :D[face_flag]

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    He also screwed up the reference...

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Obama said he was more of a Star Trek fan. =X

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm calling it now, Disney will make a new Clone Wars series several years from now. So 3 continuities to deal with.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm just calling that there will be a preDisney and Disney continuity.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or that.

13. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I doubt there will be much continuity in the future, each individual comic series will probably be written in its own little bubble continuity.

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    And we can put TCW in Filoni continuity.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can see this as well. The way the majority of animated spin offs work as well.

16. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Naw, he was talking about the NJO. Obviously.

17. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Hey Everyone,

Long-time JCF lurker (I mean looong-time, like 10+ years), but first-time poster. And probably last-time poster, as well, what with TCW cancelled and my inchoate but palpable fear over the possible quality and direction of the ST. Anyway... I was moved to sign up and check in just this once after going back last night after putting my two-year-old daughter to bed and beginning the series again in chronological order. Rewatching "Cat and Mouse" and " Hidden Enemy" was enjoyable. But the nostalgic feel when I came to The Clone Wars Movie (which I haven't viewed since roughly when I bought it on release day back in '08) made me remember the heyday of excitement over the continuation of the franchise...something I personally just can't feel about the announcements of late from Der Maus Kamp!

Having been on the ride that is Star Wars since the beginnning (Yes, I'm old enough to remember the thrill of line-ups and repeat viewings in '77), it was sort of bittersweet to go back to Asoka's introductory arc (complete with its inanities--"Skyguy"!?!:oops:; its sillinesses--baby Hutt, anyoneo_O; and its quirkinesses--really, a wooden, painterly approach to the dynamism of the GFFA?!?[face_sigh]; but also its comforting feel of being in the well-loved, well-used universe of The Flanneled One). Weighted down with the reality that I won't likely see many more new adventures like that, it was like getting back in touch with an old flame and reminescing, all the while knowing that those days can't ever be repeated but only remembered.

During our time together, did Filoni et al. sometimes indulge themselves in sidebars and tangents? Absolutely. Did I have fun with them as they did it? Almost uniformly--even when that included trips to the sunny void or mysteries surrounding poisoned tea! No experience can be non-stop smiles and positivity (as parenting has been quick to prove to me these last 24 months), but I am retiring into TCW reruns (with the knowledge of the two all-but-promised remaining arcs, and hopefully more to come one day) satisfied, on the whole, with what the show offered for five enjoyable seasons.

For all we want to bad mouth the series (and certainly its relatively lacklustre big-screen premiere), I gotta say that my experience last night made me happy to think that in coming years I'll have the joy of introducing my little girl to these stories and be able to watch as she comes to thrill at the Star Wars experience as I've now done for 35+ years. So, this is just a thanks to Filoni and all related to the show for giving me some fun on Sunday and then Friday nights (Yes, we Canadians did luck out not suffering the Saturday-morning time-slot change!). And it's also a final call out to all of you here who made me think more about the show than I could ever have on my own (both for better and for worse!). I doubt I'll be lurking here much more, and I wanted to declare myself a Star Wars Geek OFFICIALLY before leaving.

MTFBWY

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Timeline of Star Wars continuity
    1977 - 1983 The Beginning
    1984 - 1995 The Decline
    1996 - 1998 Rebirth
    1999 - 2005 Prequels
    2006 - 2012 The Golden Age
    2013 - 2014 The Purge
    2015 Doomsday

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I honestly doubt the 2015 release date. That is way too ambitious IMHO.

Random Comments likes this.
  20. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Well, we just postpone doomsday then, like in real life.

Random Comments, 07jonesj and Seerow like this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think 2015 is doable but to me it says alot...

JackG likes this.
  22. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I would consider the release of Heir to the Empire to be the Rebirth...

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I would consider 1996 - 2005 the Golden Age.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think there is a Golden Age. Each "era" has it's share of gold and crap. Obviously the worst is 1983-1991, as there was really not much content to speak of.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think its amazing enough to have discussions about which age is the golden one for content.

07jonesj likes this.