main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    /sighned

And rumblewagon, PLEASE do me a favor and change your profile picture. For some reason the brain worms really freak me out [face_laugh]

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    We have to save Star Wars from the evil empire known as disney...

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Simple, buy it from them.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Let me check in between my sofa... sure I left a couple billion dollars back there.

5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Well, that's a start, anyway.....

:p

07jonesj likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I got like $35 cents in the cup holder of my car. There might be some more under the seats. I'll see what I can do.

Anyone go a soul to sell?

rumblewagon likes this.
  7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow I think Disney is the devil, so are we selling souls to them? This deal is rotten. Effing Mouse.

The SMGO.tv site is now live and we can log in and suggest Clone Wars for crowd funding...

8. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Sorry, sold mine for some pancakes. They were some good pancakes, though.

9. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    I loved the droids arc, thought it was amazing and The Clone Wars was the perfect medium to explore the concept. The episodes were gorgeous looking as ever and helped flesh out (pun intended) the character of R2-D2. I get why people are especially frustrated by the arc post-cancellation as certainly in that context there were more important story-lines for the show itself that needed resolution.

For me, part of why the show was so great is because it did do things that normally "wouldn't fly", mostly from what I understand, due to GL showing up and insisting on bizarre things like Maul coming back, that the writing team probably would be baffled by and may never have done on their own - yet they rise to the challenge and pulled it off pretty well most of the time. Mad props though to the person who cracked the script for the droid arc as that had to have been a pretty tough assignment to write leading parts for droids. I hope folks that considered it "filler" episodes or whatever get the chance to revisit it sometime and give it another chance to appreciate the episodes for what they are. Whatever future animated SW Disney gives us, I doubt it will ever get to be as experimental and pleasantly indulgent as some of the "that wouldn't fly" arcs in TCW.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I do admire the variety in TCW and that they do experiment with things like existentialism and politics. It used to be a worry they'd stick to more traditional arcs and cancel the experiments based on the negative feedback. Those were the days huh?

I actually rate "A Sunny Day in the Void" as a 10. I love the philosophy in that episode. I also liked "Missing in Action". Gregor was awesome. Total opposite to Cut we were needing to see. Unfortunately the first and final episodes were about wastes of air time. In the end the entire arc feels like a misuse of time when there were so many cool story arcs to follow up on and the Encryption Module -cough- flashdrive turned out to be a dumbass MacGuffin. That made the droid arc seem like complete waste of time. I don't say cut it, I say cut it down to two episodes. Four episode arcs when they didn't need to be were a big problem in season 5. They made the season feel so short as well. Maybe if TCW had continued just like I never would have though stuff like "Lightsaber Lost", "Corruption" and "Pursuit of Peace" would have much relevance to the linear plot I'd could have been proven wrong.

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Lightsaber Lost was one of my few 10/10s. As far as Corruption and Pursuit of Peace, I liked the show's exploration of the utter **** that happens in politics, especially given that the novel Darth Plagueis points out that the Sith planned to use that to put themselves in a position to take over the galaxy. And the movies make it fairly clear that that's exactly what Palpatine did.

Missing in Action was the only droid episode that I found tolerable, but I have no patience whatsoever for philosophy.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If they didn't give us the droid arc this year, then THAT arc would be what have to look to forward to.. Could you imagine the fallout after the cancellation and our "BONUS MATERIAL" is no longer Clovis, but "Droids in void" instead? If nothing else, the Mouse-Empire is shrewd enough to know that would not have been well received.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Good point...and I also wonder what all is in that Clovis arc beyond the Embo chase, the Clovis beat-down, and Obi-wan counseling Anakin.. Three episodes means they'll have some time to do other stuff. Will there be a ton of political stuff? That could go either way.

I was thinking Filoni liked the Ahsoka arc as a more fitting ending than Clovis, the Order 66/Fives arc, and the Bounty Hunter arc we may never see. So then he'd rather call "the Wrong Jedi" the series finale, and the other stuff is just additional stories. Hopefully we get more rather than less additions, and it's not called Bonus Material just because its only two arcs buried on Starwars.com in a YouTube video (I need my HD Bluray).

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I love exploring philosophy in stories. I love Mortis, I love Battlestar Galactica, which happens to handle existentialism a lot better than TCW.

Thing is, I don't think I can rate the D-squad episodes highly for their attempt at exploration of that concept, because it does it so poorly. Gascon and WAC's relationship and their views on whether droids are alive randomly changes every 10 or so minutes.

Then since the two characters are as unlikable as could possibly be, I don't care if WAC is considered a person. As long as he's killed, I'm happy with him being given a grave.

Three of those four episodes are the absolute worst Star Wars has to offer IMO. I will never watch them again.

15. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Agree completely. I find the thought of existentialism being explored in Star Wars to be incredibly fascinating, but Clone Wars merely touched upon the idea with a throwaway line of dialogue rather than fully examine the issue.

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I like that TCW tried to touch upon mature concepts like existentialism, corruption and politics, but the way those ideas were executed left a lot to be desired. I'm old enough to understand what they were trying to say but I was still bored to death with it. The show's supposed to be about war and action and EXPLOSIONS!!!1!, so episodes that were focused on other stuff kinda left me with an almost empty feeling once I was done watching.

Also, the characters they used for those situations were terrible. I hate Padme and droid episodes with a passion.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    MOAR SPLOSIONS

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Here's another video about the truth of disney: Warning, you might find this EXTREMELY annoying

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I love SW politics (some of my favourite things about The Witcher and BioWare games are that they delve right into that - hell, the Landsmeet is pretty darn epic).

Unfortunately, we did get some pretty bad episodes dealing with that. I'm not going to defend Corruption or Pursuit of Peace. Heroes on Both Sides was an excellent step in a direction that unfortunately was never followed up on. They could've swapped a couple of the 7-8 Padme political episodes with episodes set within the Separatist Senate - that would do a great deal to fleshing out just why you have people joining the CIS. They obviously aren't represented by EVIL!Grievous and EVIL!Dooku to the public.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You can see my review of Void in the "Sunny Day in the Void" discussion which best sums up my feelings on the droid. That arc did have some explosions, heh... the end. Didn't help it much.

I guess some TCW appreciation is healthy for this thread.

22. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Posted this in another thread... but interesting:

So I participate in a Lucasfilm/Disney Star Wars marketing website called "Obi Wants To Know Me." The send a series of polls and surveys throughout the month to gauge fan interest in various topics and marketing projects. Today's survey was VERY interesting from a Lucas Arts/videogame perspective.

They asked a series of questions about the types of characters that fans would like to see in games and what types of games you play. A number of question related to "How interested are you in Battlefront III," however most of the questions centered around aspects of "1313 Underworld." They asked the types of characters you would like to see in it, and the types of weapons and character archetypes.

The survey had a definite vibe to it like they planned to use 1313 but re-purpose elements of it to fit with some other characters in mind. Also there were quite a few Clone Wars characters featured in the survey.

Yancy

SithStarSlayer and CaptainRex115 like this.
  23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
  24. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Ahsoka, Cad Bane. Assaj, Hondo, and Embo were featured heavily. Also had Clone Wars era Bossk and Dengar.

Yancy

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  25. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Interesting... albeit incredibly strange.

The fact that this "fan advisory council" even exists is news to me, but it actually gives me a little more confidence in their direction. Is this thing a post-Disney development?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.