main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Has Ruined the Villians

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    CaptainRex115 likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Why not? Winning battles is more important than killing a couple of Jedi anyhow.

Some strategic CIS wins would have gone a long way to representing Grievous as a fearsome commander of the droid army.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think TCW's style could show us much military strategies, and it's nothing wrong to let him kill Jedi at the same time.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW's battle strategy:

- CIS attacks and takes control of a planet

- Republic intervenes and easily defeats the CIS

- Planet's population then loves and joins the Republic

Rinse and repeat. <Filoni>Bonus points if it includes Ahsoka.</Filoni>

Charlie512, Zeta1127, K'Kruhk and 4 others like this.
  5. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    This. Grievous should be a formidable warrior, but his ultimate use is as a commander. He should be an unparalleled military tactician and this has been TCW's true failure with respect to Grievous.

QuangoFett, Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The problem is using Grievous like Goldar in Power Rangers instead of a military tactician. I think a large part of this all comes back to lack of villain-centric episodes and I also think its hurts a bit alot of the villains are already handled in the movies. TCW needed an OC villain within the CIS like they had with Rex among the clones and Ahsoka to do some proper exploration both with existing characters and to show more of that side of the war. "Heroes on Both Sides" was all we got and then TCW destroyed it with the Onderon arc.

QuangoFett, Sable_Hart and 07jonesj like this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's not TCW's style, I don't think they could do it well, and there is nothing wrong to make him a Jedi killer at the same time.

8. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Displaying ingenious tactics has never been Star Wars style period (yes, yes, even Zahn sucks at it), but Grievous-the-Jedi-killer isn't what cements Palpatine's emergency powers. Grievous-the-Jedi-killer isn't what's conquering planets and crumbling the Republic (per the ROTS text crawl). Grievous-the-commander is the macro threat. It's not a choice between the two and I'm not sure why you haven't grasped that yet.

9. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013

Did you even see shadow warrior? I doubt you did if you say there was only 6 gungans,here let me refresh your memory, theyres easily 100+ visable gungans all surounding grievous

Grievous didnt lose to ventress lol. If losing 1/4 hands counts as losing then i guess he lost... But wouldnt you say getting shot at in the back and getting your entire clan murdered is losing? He didnt feel like fighting anymore. What does he have to gain from fighting ventress in a 1 vs 1? Grievous doesnt care about that. He won, ventress lost... thats the funny part. I like how losing 1/4 arms equals a loss. Grievous was doing better against kenobi in ROTS when he was down to 2 arms. which basically means that he has better control and more power with just 2 arms, while 4 is just for show.... he laughs it off if he loses one or even two. Ventress was the one who lost

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Kill the enemies' generals and champions, plant fear in the army's heart and gain victory is something cool to do, of course.

What doe killing Jedi contradict with having victory?

He gave up the fight and called his troops to attack, that of course count as loss.

Not to say in 2D he beat Ventress and Durge together.

11. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    That's the point. It doesn't contradict the victory, contradiction was never suggested. You're the one implying a false dichotomy that Grievous has to either be a badass Jedi killer or a commander par excellence.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    And how many of those gungans actually did anything other than stand there? One scored a hit on Grievous right away, another knocked a saber from his hand fairly quickly. It's embarrassing.

QuangoFett, Mia Mesharad and K'Kruhk like this.
  13. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    And did you read my comment? Only several Gungans attacked Grievous. Sure there might have been 100 Gungans watching, but only a few attacked.

Yes, he did lose the duel to Ventress. She disarmed him and he fell to the ground. Only then did he command his whole army to then shoot at her. How you can claim that duel as Grievous' victory is beyond me.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Since TCW sucks at military strategies and lack of fleet battles, GG's fighting ability pretty much decide how dreadful he is. Yeah he is a commander but not something like Thrawn.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I asked here a few times but nobody answered.

Why did they steal GG's kill and gave it to Savage?

[​IMG]

16. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Grievous won, ventress and her army lost badly. Grievous would have won the duel, he didnt lose not even close. He lost 1 hand and fell down, big deal, theyre more of that where it came from. If the 1 on 1 duel continued rievous would have beaten ventress, but grievous is smart, and beat her and her entire clan, rescued dooku and saved the day. Mission accomplished. while ventress was left an orphan and a bounty hunter.

17. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    :oops:
    TCW didn't have to suck at military strategies nor did they have to lack fleet battles anymore than Grievous had to be a substandard fighter. We're discussing where TCW went wrong; the threat Grievous posed to the Republic as a military commander should [logically, anyway] be exponentially higher than as a groundpounding thug. Sidious is the most badass fighter the Dark Side has, but what makes him more dangerous to the Jedi and the Republic? His lightsaber or his brain?

18. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    You seem to have conceded defeat in the Gungan debate. Good.

Ventress won the DUEL. Grievous knew he couldn't match her, so he ordered his ENTIRE ARMY to shoot at her.

Actually the mission wasn't accomplished. The mission was to kill Ventress. They might have won the overall battle, but they failed in their mission.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So that Adi Gallia seems like a worthy Jedi Council member who had to be defeated by a Force-witch-magicks-enhanced dark-side-of-the-force-wielding monster instead of a weakling who got killed by a spinny-armed cyborg.

QuangoFett likes this.
  20. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Lol, no. I did not concede... I just realized youve never actually seen the fight and have no clue what happened. Grievous got attacked by dozens and dozens of gungan energy grenades which is why he was defeated....

Grievous beat ventress lol... falling down does not equal winning, losing 1 hand does not equal winning, retreating the fight equals losing. which is exactly what ventress did.

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well it's a show on CN, and the arcs aren't very long, I don't see they could do something like the Thrawn Trilogy.

Also Sidious already stayed behind, Dooku also needs to mostly use others to fight for him, Ventress turned side, you need someone to be the muscle, on the CIS side. That has to be GG, even GG is not enough. They should have let him show up.

[​IMG]

Yeah they failed on Sidious badly as well.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, GG is a threatening Jedi killer.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    You asked, I answered; you are under no obligation to agree.

24. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Oh, Dear Lord.

Ventress clearly had the upper hand against Grievous: she cut off [one of] his hand/s, disarmed him, and put him on his ass. Was he stomped? No, in fact, he landed the first blow. Why did he summon reinforcements? Because that's what ROTS&TCW!Grievous does when he's at a disadvantage.

Regarding the matter of the Gungan Club v. General Grievous, Grievous was very obviously more than a match for any Gungan one-on-one; their best fighter lasted all of 8 seconds against him. Grievous lost not because he was a bad fighter, but because he was a moron who decided to gloat instead of deliver the killing blow, enabling Tarpals to strike a grievous (lol) blow, which in turn allowed the bystanders to assail the cyborg with boomers.

Which once again proves my point. Where did TCW fail Grievous? As a thinker.

25. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Actually it seems like you are the one who failed to notice that although there were many Gungans watching, only a FEW attacked Grievous.

You seem to be ignoring the CAPPED words in my previous post. Grievous did not win the DUEL. They may have won the overall battle but they did not accomplish their overall mission, which was to KILL Ventress. Escape does not necessarily equal defeat. Yoda escaped Sidious in ROTS but their duel was a draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.