main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Has Ruined the Villians

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Both the muscle and on the brain.

But we already got enough brains(2 Sith Lords) and not enough muscle on the CIS side unless they bring Durge back, NOT as human but as Gen'dai.

2. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I already told you, when I conquer Disney and lay claim to the intellectual property of Star Wars, Durge is among the first things to be rectified in my new, definitive Clone Wars TV series.

QuangoFett, Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  3. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Yoda lost in ROTS.. "Destroy the Sith we MUST".... granted yoda was more powerful than sidious. Either way sorry but i dont see cutting off 1 of grievous' hands as a victory. grievous laughs it off when someone cutts off his hand, he finds it amusing. Ventress was the one who retreated and her nightsisters jumped all over grievous. IMO grievous won.

4. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Yoda failed his objective/mission, but that duel in itself ended in a draw. Ok maybe not a victory for Ventress, but she did come out on top. And it certainly wasn't a victory for Grievous. His side may have won the overall battle but with that specific duel against Ventress, he did not win.

5. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Well we disagree on what a victory is. IMO being knocked over is not a victory...down but not out

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You know who were some really cool villains in TCW?

General Krell -- What an evil son... This dude wasn't very complex at all. A Jedi fearful of the clones by his visions and driven to devalue life by the war. Krell had a high body count. He tossed clones against razor wire to get Dooku's attention wanting a place in the new order and to save his own ass. He existed pretty much to be mean as hell in order to drive the clone troopers to dissent. He even set the 501st and 212th against each other in a friendly fire incident that was the heart breaking final straw. He leaves some lasting scars on Rex who is questioning the war and his purpose at the end. That experience made him wary in "To Catch a Jedi".

Miraj Schintel -- The queen of the Zygerrians trying to keep old traditions that were seriously morally messed up alive. She was cold, calculated, got her own hands a little dirty. She had an interesting view on the Jedi's relationship with the Republic. Miraj was using Anakin's friends against him to keep the guy as her personal body guard and using that tighter as she fell in love with him. She bit off way more than she could chew by inviting Dooku to the party which killed her. What goes around comes around.

Cad Bane -- One of TCW's most successful villain characters. This bounty hunter was brilliant in the worst kind of way. He could match the Jedi on every encounter which made him arch rival material. He kinda was another rival for Obi-wan who was TCW's king of rivalries. Hell, Bane even held the senate hostage and successfully bargained for the freedom of Ziro then got away with it.

Hondo Ohnaka -- Perhaps not a true villain. The guy is motivated by profit and really just likes his good times and the rum. He seems to have some kinda loose honor code that sometimes makes him helpful to the heroes. That unpredictability in switching sides was cool. However the true most interesting man in the galaxy was placed in the bad guy shoes more often than not. He captured a Sith. Later he successfully captured Ahsoka.

Aurra Singh -- Finally a non OC. Aurra is cool because she is a crazy witch and a total sadist. This woman shows up things get real. She leads by the fear that creates and was a horrible mother figure to Boba who abandons him.

Pre Vizsla -- Leader of the Death Watch which upon introduction in the season 2 Mando arc was one of the most dangerous and a motivated group of villains to show up. That's why the team up works. He was never much of a match for any Jedi with a lightsaber which is why he went along with Maul. He still had alot of tricks. A scene that always stand out in my mind is in "A Friend in Need" when Vizsla has his arm Lux's shoulders watching the village on Carlac burn.

Riff Tamson -- Yes, sharkman. Loved it when he used his mouth to destroy things.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I much preferred what we thought Krell originally was - a Jedi who believed the clones were expendable. We follow so many Jedi that seem to treat the clones like friends, it was so refreshing to see this kind of Jedi...

...Until he turned out to be teh evulz.

Krell's original motivations were actually fairly complex, believing that the only difference between the clones and droids were that clones were better soldiers. Is he wrong? The clone army, just like the droid army, was created for the sole purpose of killing - why treat them like something they aren't?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    When did Krell state the clones were better soldiers than droids or anything like that? Nothing about the clone army's creation is ever stated on screen. I don't recall him ever saying anything like that. Krell was never meant to be anything complex in the Umbaran arc. He's pretty much just a prop character. His character accomplishes unhinging Rex.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Most of them are not major figures of CIS, when the Clone Wars should be mainly about the conflict between the Republic and CIS.

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I agree! I never got why they let Cad Bane kidnap senators and even kill that Rodian Jedi. He was a bounty hunter. He did a better job than Dooku or Grievous. Somehow that felt so wrong.

11. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I didn't notice this thread because it seems like every thread around here is about TCW being awesome. I agree when it comes to Dooku, Grievous, and Maul, even stating many of those points before. I stand by the Dark Lord Trilogy, especially LoE and the RotS novelization, for a reason.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    And Durge, but it's still better to not let him show up rather than change his race into human.

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Durge isn't in the Dark Lord trilogy. :p

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He was mentioned in LoE.:D

Zeta1127 and 07jonesj like this.
  15. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    And the ROTS novelization.

16. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Dooku and Grievous were barely a presence in the movies so tere simply wasn't much here to begin with for tCW to "ruin"

People often seen to cite the 2003 CW series as the basi for Grievous strength, but he wasn't nearly as strong in RotS. Every force using character had their abilities exaggerated in the 2003 series. Ahsoka never defeated Grievous. She ran away both times she fought him after being clearly overpowered. She fought him on slightly more even footing in the young Jedibarc but ultimately made the wise decision to run away, showing that she had matured not just in terms of strength.

Dooku was poorly handled in the movies. He only really appears at te end of AotC and in the beginning if RotS. I think one of the bigger flaws with RotS is that Dooku is discussed frequently but we don't even see him until Geonosis. His introducing eas't surprising or built up in any way. He should've had a greater part in AotC from th get go.

What I really comes down to I this. Just because A can defeat B and B can defeat C doesn't mean C an't defeat A. When two people fight, the location, mental state, their connection to the force, etc. All playca role. People are way too quick to call avcharacter over or under powered based solely on their performance in a particular fight. What t simply come down to is that this isn't DRagon Ball post Saiyan saga where every character has set power level and I incapable of defeating anyone stronger.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Many EU also stated he is very powerful, in LoE he easily killed off the 4 Jedi around Palpatine.

Also pls remember, he got his chest Force Crushed by Mace Windu before RotS and couldn't stop cough.

Dooku was handled well in CW.

Esg and Zeta1127 like this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    His cough is worse in TCW than in ROTS, I think it's safe to say the microseries explanation for Grievous' nerf is gone.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  19. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    You know which one of these villians are in the movies or EU. None of them.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Aurra Sing was pre-existing. They chose to focus on her bounty hunting side rather than her being ex-Jedi though.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You know the clone wars didn't ruin any villians. The ones that did it are the die hard EU fans from the boards and clone war haters out there. Thats all.

Yoda fought Sidious tough, but he lost. He didn't win, he went into hiding for 20 years and Siddious became Emperor. Yoda didn't save the galaxy nor destroy the sith. Sorry. I could care less what a stupid novel says or what we saw. he lost. Mace fought Palpatine tough, but in the end he died. Its like a football game, so a team plays very good for 59 minutes of the game, lead 39-34, racked up 603 yards of offense, the quaterback was 29-33 for 404 yards, and 4 Td with no int or sacks. In the end, a 70 yard hail mary brings the game to an end. So for 59 minutes they won, but a fluke cost the team a perfect game. Mace and Yoda fought great but a fluke cost one his life and the other the galaxy.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't care none of these characters are in the movies or the EU except Aurra. They are indeed TCW OCs and to me they are a part of the story now just like my favorite clones like Rex and Fives.

QuangoFett and TreborSabreon like this.
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    And more really cool villains.

Embo - This guy is the most badass character in the series IMO, whenever he turn up you know it's about to go down. What other bounty hunter would take on a Sith Lord!? Besides Sugi of course, and they actually both did pretty well in 'Eminence' considering Maul and Savage had killed Jedi Masters before, yet two bounty hunters can put up a good fight and even manage to disarm them.

Bossk - Another badass bounty hunter, this is the guy who started the riot in the Coruscant prison, and he took down those four Clones easily. I reckon him and Cad Bane would stand a better chance than Embo and Sugi against Maul and Savage. Just imagine a one on one fight between Bossk and Savage, now that would be something!

General Kalani - He had quite a small role, but I thought he was pretty cool. I'd would've been cool if that was him in the season six preview with Admiral Trench, but the voice sounds different, so I don't think it's him.

Admiral Trench - He had all the right qualities of a great villain in 'Cat and Mouse', and I can't wait to see what they do with him in season six, and I think his half cyborg body looks so much cooler.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll give ya the like for half of that Jordan1. Kalani just got pushed over and Trench's clicking was annoying. I hope Fives' rips off one of Trench's new mechanical arms and beats him with it.

QuangoFett and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    LOL, now that'd be something!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.