main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Harrison Ford: "I'm looking forward to it."

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Mar 19, 2013.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Don't get me wrong - if Han and Leia do get married, I don't think he will up and leave them in the middle of mopping up the remnants of the Empire. I think he would stick around long enough to ensure that the new government is firmly established. But after that? Yeah, I don't exactly see him sitting around behind a desk and pushing papers. I see him as a guy that always needs to be doing something. That's why I thought it would fit his character to resign his commission and return to tinkering with ships and piloting - the things he loves most - through establishing his own shipping company.

You misunderstood. No one is suggesting that he revert back to his former way of living. In fact, I'm in agreement with you in that I think it would be unrealistic for that to happen. Establishing a shipping company does not automatically mean he will become a pirate or be doing things illegally. He would be operating a legitimate business, one that will be benefiting the people of the new government. And if a new threat rears its ugly head in the film (that's pretty much a given), I can easily see him helping out the military and performing certain tasks for them. It would be an interesting 'jumping-off' point to get him into the plot. He would still be serving the new government in some capacity, just not as an officer of the military.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    SOLO SHIPPING
    "We're Fast Enough For you, Old Man!"

3. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    It's so wonderfully strange to see him not only being so upbeat about the future of Star Wars, but to actually be pretty much the first confirmed classic era actor to return.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, he's not confirmed yet, and Carrie's said she'll be back a number of times before (of course, with her reps insisting she was "joking").
    Though I do agree about the upbeat part - I've seen plenty of interviews with Harrison, and never have I seen him look so positive about Star Wars.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    The whole crux for me is that being a general trying to establish order and putting out fires (IE Remnant skirmishes) throughout the galxay is far more intriguing to me than him starting a shipping company even if it is legal.

I think its fair to say the he loves being a pilot, but unfair to suggest that he'd automatically be behind a desk pushing papers, especially with a hot civil war still being waged I presume. IF there's no war, and I think it unlikely, then being a dusty general does seem less thrilling.

Of course all this hinges on the state of the galaxy. IMO starting in the middle of a civil war is far more exciting than starting from peace again like Episode I.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh Han, You TEASE!!!!

In an article published earlier this month, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek that Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher had been in negotiations to return to the franchise even before Lucasfilm was sold to Disney last fall.
    Was Ford surprised by that announcement? He makes the universal zipping-my-lips sign. Asked what it will take to get him to commit to play Han Solo again, Ford said, "Um, I don't even want to discuss that. It's great. Ain't it great?"
    It's been over two decades since Abrams wrote the "Regarding Henry" screenplay. Have the two chatted recently?
    "About what?" Ford asked, smirking and taking a slow sip from a cup.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    *cough* non-disclosure agreement! *cough*

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    *** GAG order *** :oops:

9. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
  10. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Yeah, he's been placed under an NDA. Which implies that he has something to disclose, implying he won't just cameo.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The plot thickens....or something.

12. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Harrison really cares about the environment. Check out his new ad:

Here's one he did back in 2008:

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Um...yay? Not dissing his conservation efforts, I just don't see how that's relevant to this thread or his role in Episode VII? :confused:

Anyway, interesting turn of events in the recent interview posted. It sure sounds like non-disclosure agreement to me. Although, at this point, I'm not really sure what they're trying to hide. Everyone involved with this pretty much revealed it in one way or another. Does Disney really think they still have this super, mega secret on their hands?

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes. They want their whoop-de-do, darn it!

15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Meanwhile at the Disney headquarters:

TheManFromMortis and Krueger like this.
  16. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm not interested in waiting in line for the President of the Galactic Republic

[​IMG]

I just want to speak with my wife!!!

17. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Is he? Or are we assuming this?

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    If anything, he seems to at least placed himself under one!

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think it's just assumption based on his responses as they do seem like NDA type answers. Having read one/signed one all of one time I can't say I know much about them but they seem to allow for very little info being said.

Someone said if he's signed a NDA he has to be more than a cameo but I don't think that's necesarily true. Since it's clear he would be pestered about it and that he might know some of what is going on plot wise -even if it is just a cameo- I would think he would still have to sign one.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Especially if Disney is bent upon not having anyone figure this stuff out (as if) until their massive Disney presents Star Wars on Ice or whatever they have concocted.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What would Jack Ryan do?

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol Harrison and George trolling everyone.

23. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Ok let's have it though. What exactly does everyone seeing Han Solo doing as an Han So-old?

I mean I love the character but I wonder what he'll be doing and where he'll be doing it when they reintroduce his character on screen.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Probably flying pieces of junk.

25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    HE retired to Tatooine and took over Watto's junkyard...