main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    WHAT

2. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    I think it was to how how far Big Daddy Martell plans stretched, after all Dorn was pretty much absent from 3 of the five books.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I have a bad feeling that Talisa will steal Roose's big moment at the wedding, which would really piss me off.

4. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I would flay the show runners if that happened. I can't see Martin allowing it, however.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    He doesn't have final say in it, if any. He wrote the episode (I think) but he's not the only one who decides the content.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I am absolutely, absolutely, no matter what arranging the largest viewing party possible for this.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    That would be a pretty huge departure from the books in that his wife seemingly really loved him as opposed to knifing him.

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, sure. I don't think it will happen. I'm just saying it's not GRRM's decision.

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, yes. But there's a difference between updating us on Dorne's involvement and giving us hundreds of text about a pointless, dead-end character. We've got enough of that in Bran chapters, thank you.

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So, apparently Ciaran Hinds (the actor for Mance Rayder) can sing, so that bodes well for certain aspects of his character.

!

11. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    wait...you hate Bran!?

[​IMG]

YOU MONSTER!

12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    To be fair, It takes 5 books for Bran to finally get anywhere with his story. His pre-ADWD chapters are useful mainly for world building and giving us a perspective in the North once Theon's insecurity gets the better of him.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Rig up a bunch of red confetti and drop it on everyone at the end of the episode and burst out laughing.

When the Wyman Manderly thing happens I might be serving pies to everyone. That'd be awesome.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    And maybe serve some green Jell-O pudding during Tywin's funeral?

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm actually not sure how I'm going to react to seeing the RW. I almost gave up on the books, eventhough I was prepared for it, and I like Robb a lot more on TV. I'm more excited about the PW but that will have to wait.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, Joffrey's death is probably going to happen mid season 4.

17. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    I cant wait to see Larry William reaction to the red wedding, i will feast upon his misery.

18. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I, for one, was relieved to see accurate characterization of the Tyrells for once. That was the person we've read about for several books now, not whatever sex-crazed, monstrously power hungry thing they had on display last season. Count me enormously pleased. Here's to more.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well.

I'll agree with you in that she definitely should be subtle about this sort of thing. The whole doe-eyed book version was a sham, but an incredibly effective sham. On the other hand, it is pleasing that they show her as an insane sexpot because that's the way she really is. :p

20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I would sharply disagree. We are finally seeing her the way she truly is. Brilliant and savy, yes, but much more than that. Fundamentally, she is good-willed, generous, and lacking any vicious instinct, as tonight's episode put on display.

SWpants666 likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Maybe I am misremembering the books, but wasn't it sort of confirmed that Jello's characterization was more correct -- that she was a total sex-fiend but very circumspect about it?

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    No Strong Belwas. Everything is ruined.

23. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I read Dance as tilting things in the other direction. Already, the only evidence against her was coming from a known agent of House Lannister. But now we've learned that even the investigations by the septons have failed to yield anything. There was also some suggestion that even the one piece of evidence against her was--well, something was strange about it. But Martin's diction was a bit too oblique for me to figure out what exactly he was trying to imply.

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, also, I'm going to be really annoyed if Sam the Slayer doesn't happen. Hopefully it will when the Others harass them on the way back to the Wall.

SiouxFan, tom and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  25. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Yeah, if it doesn't that character will be totally irredeemable.

I mean, he basically is anyway. But at least give him this one thing.