main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Lol that's Filoni's polite way of saying George royally f@#@#d up that line.

It just doesn't make sense with the episodes, since she WAS RIGHT, and she has no reason not to mistrust herself.

It's the same thing that happened in the PT, Lucas doesn't like how something comes across in a story, so he simply arbitrarily changes it even if all evidence to the contrary says something else.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree with you that her age has a lot to do with her making bad decisions, it doesn’t explain though, why she didn’t trust Anakin to help her (especially considering she knew first hand how far Anakin was willing to go for those he care for). I would say any normal human would defend ourselves if faced with false accusations, but we also know that while there are people working to convict us there are also people working to prove our innocence, and Ashoka had no reason to believe that she could uncover proof that her Master could not.

All Tarkin has at that point is circumstantial evidence - and not very compelling evidence either. All he has is a recording which doesn’t really hold up if put under careful scrutiny: it very conveniently lacks audio, any person having experienced Force Choke and lived to tell the tale would be able to testify that it is not done by waving your arms wildly around in the air, and any person attesting to Ashoka’s character would emphasize cold-blooded murder is not in her nature and that under no circumstances would she be stupid enough to murder someone in a place littered with cameras.

Before Ashoka ran away he was likely busy trying to figure out how and where the real perpetrator entered the prison, and where he/she was hiding when choking Letta. It is unlike it would be possible for someone to enter a high security prison without it having been registered somehow. Anakin may not at first have been able to discover who the identity of the perpetrator at first, but he would have found sufficient evidence to prove Ashoka had been set up.
    They could always search for the real perpetrator later - Quinlan Vos would likely be an invaluable help.

Yoda makes it clear that the Council’s decision to expel Ashoka was not unanimous. We don’t really know what the Council’s position was before Ashoka ran away, but we do know that her running away, teaming up with a criminal, violently resisting arrest, and being found in a warehouse containing the nano-droids coupled with Tarkin’s evidence was what eventually swayed the majority of the Council-members against supporting her. Also, whether or not the Jedi should support Ashoka wasn’t even up for discussion until she decided to land herself in even deeper ****.

3. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    FARK2005

Again you make a lot of good points. We could go back and forth on this for the next three days and get no where. I do like your first paragraph a lot though mainly because there's nothing for me to really argue lol. Kind of put me in a corner here because you're right... she really didn't have any reason to think she could do better than her master. The only logical reasoning behind well all of it(aside from her young age) is fear. Fear of the unknown to be more precise. Who was framing her? What would happen if she was convicted? What if they didn't find the real culprit? Etc, etc. These are probably the thoughts that helped push her towards her decision to run... As a youngin, she probably saw them not trusting her word that she didn't kill the terrorist as not only an insult but also a sign they were going to convict her and she took off... again not agreeing with her reasoning just playing devil's advocate as to a possible why.

I also both liked and agree with your statements about the holo they had supposedly capturing Ahsoka in the act. I hated how they used it as evidence in the show because A) it is clearly not how you force choke someone, and b) she turns around halfway through it the first time we see it in the jail but that part is cut out when they show it in the court room. Obviously if looked at correctly you can prove her innocence but they didn't do so after they caught her so why would they if she hadn't ran?

FARK2005 likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Changes were made to the fugitive arc as late as December. I guess that's when GL changed the line.

rumblewagon likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Ahsoka lives.

rumblewagon likes this.
  6. Nickster79

Nickster79 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    Best idea I heard was a mini-series (comic, animated, or live action) where Darth Vader/Anakin discovers that she is alive and goes on a quest to find and make her his new apprentice.

When she doesn't accept, however, her fate is sealed...

7. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
  8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Instead of that, have her initially bee supportive to him and be his apprentice helping hunt down the Jedi. I mean from her POV, with Vader telling her that the Jedi who screwed her over are also the guys who tried to do a coup (not a lie) and that Obi-wan burnt him alive. So she is with him and gradually she see's what is happening and goes against it. It would also make more sense as the Mortis ( I hated the Mortis arc) future vision has a older world weary Ahsoka who talks about her darkness and how those seeds had been planted in her etc.

Vader has always been about wanting those her cares about to join him, whether it Luke or Padme etc I can see Ahsoka being the same. Besides doing the whole join me or die thing is just a bit boring with Ahsoka nobly saying no, it's cheesy and not in a good way.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013

OH COME ON PEOPLE!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH AHSOKA!!

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Welcome to the boards. Skim through this thread and I'm sure you'll find some answers to that question if you really want them. But for what it's worth, even in seasons 1 and 2 when I liked Ahsoka, I thought she needed to die for the sake of the story.

I cast my vote for the Wookiee earlier.

And Chewbacca is a TCW character, people. I'm watching Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt again later and I'm betting I'll see him. ;)

11. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    sure lets vote for the walking carpet over one of the greatest jedi heros of all time -_-

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's called, being a fan of the saga, rather than a fan of just one character, *cough* Filoni *cough*.

I love Ahsoka, especially in the later seasons - which I know anakinfan would slap me for. :p

Creating a Jedi character in the prequel era just before the Purge only ends one way though. You see Sidious' reaction to Ahsoka in... Children of the Force, I think? He didn't seem to like her very much, interfering in his plans.

Sidious would definitely send Vader or a Hand after her, "she's too dangerous to be left alive".

I voted for Ahsoka purely in the hope that it could get us the unreleased content, but seriously, it's Chewie!

Oh, and I crossed out Jedi as she walks out on their order. :p

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Vote for whoever you want. As did I. ;) LACWAC would be a seriously boring place if we all held the same opinion all the time.

[​IMG]

Love ya anyway. :p

She bugs me for the same reason Mara Jade bugs me in the EU. Authors/creators' efforts to convince me to love their favorite characters by telling me how awesome they are, usually backfire.

SithLord_1270 and 07jonesj like this.
  14. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    For me,most logical fate of her is: she escaped and lived normal life.
    Reasons:
    1.Jedi order's betrayal of her
    2.Anakin's betrayal of everything and everyone-Council,Obi Wan,and especially Ahsoka-he taught her some values,and he (from her point of view) spit on every connection beetween them,on every memory...
    3. Fate of Republic
    4.Her vision of herself on Morthis...

Enough for somene who quit Jedi Order to not come back-only in situation someone close(in her new life without order)is killed or threathened...

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    You see, I love Mara Jade too. I dislike it when authors make a character super sayan for no reason, and I am annoyed at times by Ahsoka's powers (speaking Shyriiwook? Really? You couldn't have one of the original padawans do that?).

I think, maybe, because I'm a big fan of the character, her small moments of failure affect me more than it objectively should. For instance, Ahsoka not being able to pull off a Force Mind Trick in Sphere of Influence, or being rash and messing up in Slaves of the Republic. These are small moments that likely seem more important to me than they are because of my love for the character.

Thing is, I can't see Ahsoka sitting the Purge out and not trying to help some, any, Jedi. From what I understand of her character, she'd feel compelled to help.

rumblewagon and Circular_Logic like this.
  16. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Unless, she ends up off world and finds out too late o_O

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    She'd feel it in the Force, presumably? Of course she wouldn't know quite what it was, as in ROTS the stormtroopers wire the Jedi Temple to tell Jedi to return to the Temple.

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    But as she's no longer part of the Jedi Order, she would not receive that transmission nor Obi-Wan's subsequent warning.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think she might feel the deaths in the Force similar to the way Obi-Wan felt the deaths of the Alderaanians; or, in Tatooine Ghost, the way Leia sensed the Tusken slaughter. And Leia was on the spot looking almost 30 years in the past and had never had Jedi training.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I didn't mean she'd receive the transmission. I meant that the tremor in the Force would likely be ambiguous, else that transmission would serve no purpose if each and every Jedi knew of the slaughter that had occurred on Coruscant.

So the question then becomes; what would Ahsoka do then?

I, for one, believe she'd try to help. This series has proved time and time again that she's altruistic, but also very naive. I just cannot see her sitting this out. Yoda and Obi-Wan do, but they know they're going to be needed again, they know they need to wait for Luke.

SithLord_1270 likes this.
  21. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I agree. That's what I was thinking. I could even see her doing something rash like trying to track down n confront Vader. Especially if she thinks Anakin is dead & Vader is responsible. Ahhh...the irony.:) I wonder how she would react if she found out Vader was Anakin?

But with the Jedi mostly wiped out, I don't think she would just sit back. She would b compelled to do something. And that something could get her killed.

Circular_Logic and 07jonesj like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't want her to confront Vader, especially if she realizes he's Anakin. Shoehorn overkill.

23. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    I agree that she'd want to help but I'm guessing she might arrive too late. As in, she'd feel it in the force or whatever and if she's off world she might hop a ship back to courasant but how long would that take: She would likely return to the capital to find the jedi all but eliminated and be forced off world or bump into the newly formed half robotic vadar (assuming we are post obi wan-anakin confrontation).

24. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    The Exile in KOTOR was "wound in Force",and he lost all connections(I played with male character).Maybe her decision severed her from Force.

Also,order 66 is very controversial-Yoda is only one who felt disturbance.And clones attacked him after deaths of others-we can see Yoda was shaked down for a second-attacks were not in same time.So,why noone else felt disturbance ?
    If only Yoda(like greatest Jedi) could feel disturbance-that is reason because Ahsoka coudn't help....
    But I think controversy arounf order 66 is simple-mistake...

25. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I sure am glad that Filoni confirmed that Ahsoka lives on and survives the Clone Wars period in his interview with Rebel Force Radio. It made me so happy to hear that! =D=

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.