main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Hell, my "golden age" was back leading up to the release of the special editions, talking Star Wars with a friend, getting hooked on Shadows of the Empire, and doodling Star Wars drawings in my notebook at school when I should have been taking notes. Anything that makes me feel nostalgic for that time is pure win - i.e. nothing in the prequel era.

"Content" be damned. Nothing beat the anticipation for more Star Wars on the big screen.

-------------

I won't be shocked if Episode VII is pushed back. That seemed way to ambitious to me too at first. But then I was looking up the production times for other films like Jurassic Park and they really didn't take as long as I would have thought. Most of the time seemed to be pre-production, script re-writes, etc. Lucas however has treatments. And while I don't know the logistics of film making, I would think special effects would be much easier now that everything is digital (and I was surprised to learn how quickly the special effects could be done on film in the aforementioned JP.

I guess it really depends on the script and how detailed George's treatment was.

2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Yea, one Donald Duck show has no influence on the next one. Doubt Leeland Chee will have a place at LucasFilm in the future, for his and our sake I hope that isnt the case.

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Leland Chee recently sent a message to Wookieepedia:

April Fools

4. Nickster79

Nickster79 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    I can feel my head starting to hurt already.

5. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Welp, that Dark Horse announcement wasn't TCW related was it? It was TSW related though: http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Dark_Horse_to_Adapt_The_Star_Wars_150891.asp

I'd guess that could be good news, as I was actually fearing that they'd just up and announce that a huge bulk of TCW content would be relegated to a comic book. At least we're still in the dark on how many arcs we'll be seeing. I'd have thought that a Dark Horse announcement would only mean that the two arc rumor would be true. :/

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, we've still got the Filoni interview with Rebel Force Radio this week to look forward to and *hope* that he might slip in a few things (though I doubt he'll be allowed to say anything).

I find it interesting that there hasn't been many rumours circling around the last few weeks... So I'm not entirely sure whether to think that is good news... Would it be silly of me to have a bit of hope and think that maybe are protests are being considered/listened to?

Sally_Mothma likes this.
  7. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think it’s pretty disappointing that we haven’t gotten a more specific statement by Dave Fillioni/Lucasfilm in the three weeks since the cancelation. Would it be that hard to just come out and say more specifically what they mean by "Bonus content"? Whether it’s just two arcs, a "season 6" or whatever else it is going to be, why can they just tell us? Dave’s statements about "best arcs we have ever done" and wrapping up the show, gives the impression that the “bonus stuff" is substantial, but the video is still really vague.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They may not have made up their minds yet, or been told what they will be allowed to release.

Sally_Mothma and SithStarSlayer like this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Agreed. I don't think any of this has played out according to how Filoni/Lucasfilm would have desired. Based on Filoni's public statements about how bright the show's future would be a few months back, I don't think he foresaw this, at least in terms of Disney suddenly axing the series and laying off the staff. There's probably a lot of reshuffling going on behind the scenes right now in terms of who's in charge of what and how the remaining episodes will be distributed.

Sally_Mothma and SithStarSlayer like this.
  10. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude, didn't you just make a thread about that?

12. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Yeah but it's related to Clone Wars so I felt it should be mentioned here too.

13. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Which day should we expect to hear Filoni's Rebel Force interview? I am anxious to hear more vague comments about the bonus material :p

Gallandro likes this.
  14. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I think they record on Thursdays and show goes up Friday.

Sally_Mothma likes this.
  15. shamska

shamska Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2010
    Hello, going to the starwars.com site this morning I was prompted for a survey. It was very Clone Wars oriented.
    Anyone get it ?

16. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    What were some of the questions?

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Speaking of StarWars.com, Chewy's up against Ahsoka in the Character Tournament. For the sake of the Clone Wars, I suggest you pick the latter...even though we all know that either Obi-Wan or Yoda is going to win in the end. [face_tired]

(Also, some food for thought: Cad Bane did better against Jabba than Luke did against Yoda. Very interesting...)

07jonesj and Random Comments like this.
  18. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Hutts prove superior with a tail than Cad Bane's arsenal of weapons.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    *imagines Jabba beating the crap out of Cad Bane*

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    *imagines Cad Bane in a metal bikini*

[face_plain]

cwustudent likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Fixed. :p

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    For some reason I read that as Jabba in a bikini. [face_sick] Even though I'm fully aware of a female hutt who always wears a bikini... thing.

23. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Y'all better stop giving me ideas.

I know how to use Photoshop, y'know.

Random Comments and 07jonesj like this.
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I will pay you $0.05 to make that.

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  25. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    That's not even minimum wage. :(

...fine. Deal.

Random Comments likes this.