main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Peter Jackson and Ep VIII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 1, 2013.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Take this for what you will considering today's date. But in the Desolation of Smaug Q and A vid @4:49-ish the camera purposefully goes behind Peter while he grabs some art out of his table and out slides what looks like a screenplay for Episode VIII. Clearly this is set up, but is it an April Fool's joke or a hint?

HERE is the video.

HERE is the screengrab that I took. Not very good but it is the best I could get. It is actually clearer when you watch it in motion.

I personally would love for it to be more of a joke and for him to be taking on some Star Wars.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I must need glasses or something because I can't see "Episode VIII" at all. It does look like a Star Wars logo, I'll give you that. But the script for Episode VII isn't even finished yet, let alone VIII. And with Peter still working on The Hobbit until December 2014 followed immediately by the new Tintin I have severe doubts he would be taking on a Star Wars film any time soon.

Also if the still is genuine and from the video it can't be an April fools because it was broadcast live on March 24th.

3. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Watch it in motion. You can make it out better.

4. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    a closer snap, looks like it says episode VIII on it, but got his name printed across it, there were other spoilers in that video though, [​IMG]

TheBBP and Chewgumma like this.
  5. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Jokes exist outside of April 1st, too.

The Hellhammer and Chewgumma like this.
  6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    That is genuinely intriguing.

7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Yeah I can see the roman numeral in that shot. It's certainly possible Jackson is taking on episode VIII or has been given a story treatment because he's a candidate to take on the movie. And it's typical practice to watermark scripts so that punitive measures can be taken on people who leak pages on the internet. Though I would have thought a story treatment would have the title in type, not in what appears to be a crude biro scribble.

8. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Nice grab, thanks. Other spoilers? Please share.

9. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    It's the way Jackson seems to momentarily fluster when he grabs for the artwork he's after when that folder accidentally comes into view. Could be a set up, who knows? VERY interesting though.

10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Here is the text from his FB page:

So, it is admittedly edited footage. So we still have to look at this closer to being a joke than not. Especially considering there seems to also be a Silmarillion script/treatment/screenplay at 2:39.

11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    It is clearly set up. Camera goes over his shoulder and all. The question is, is it a joke or hint?

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The "Episode VIII" is obviously in regards to the 8th part of his unending Hobbit film.

Darth kRud, lbr789, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Has it been edited? That clearly says Star Wars VIII unless my eyes deceive me? If this is a set up, it's been very cleverly done. DAMN THEM!! Lol

14. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    yep indeed, the Silmarillion script,, however I watched the "sneak-peek" first time and I remember both of those scenes, (P Jackson fumbling with envelopes and jaybez reaching for the mug) if those 2 spoilers were in the edited version which became available on Wednesday how didn't anyone notice it before today? anyway back to star wars :)

15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    That is such a cruel joke *if it is a joke which it most likely is*. I would love a Jackson directed Star Wars film *as long as he's as epic as he was during the LOTR times...not the hobbit*. Because epic charge scenes....are epic. He could totally turn Luke into an elderly bad ass

16. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    IF it is a set up, then for someone to be watching that Q and A session (which I assume was live?) and have the keenest of eyes to notice THAT when it was so fleeting is, well, extraordinary! I'm still undecided (and excited lol)

17. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    How in the h*ll did anyone spot this?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If it turns out to be true, everyone wondering if there were plans for episodes 10-12 have their answer... those 3 will be one film.

Darth kRud likes this.
  19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, would ya look at that...

20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I wouldn't say the charge sequences are what I would look forward to in a PJ helmed Star Wars movie personally. :p

I openly admit to being a bit biased in favor of PJ, so take my opinion for what it is worth, but I think he's a very strong actor's director who is very capable of telling human stories (Check out his overlooked indie film Heavenly Creatures, it's a gem) that isn't afraid to get hands on with the creation process of his movies thanks to having enthusiasm for his projects by the bucket load. Ultimately though that's also PJ's weakness as a director. His enthusiasm for his films means that he gets too attached to the material he's in charge of which leads to a lot of self indulgent fluff in the final edits that could have easily been left on the cutting room floor.

Personally I think if Kathleen Kennedy gave him a strict 2 hour limit and a good script he'd be able to turn in a stellar Star Wars movie.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I love Star Wars but, if this is true, and interferes with my Tintin sequel, the forums will run red with blood. Or a pixelated approximation...

darthtuttle, KED12345 and Chewgumma like this.
  22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    But come on....elderly bad ass Luke just leading a bunch of people to go get rid of a large sith army...that sounds bad ass...but I'm already having a hard time buying Hamill as a elderly badass *I guess cause I'm just used to him being all goofy, cheesy nowadays with his joker and whatever he's doing now*. :p

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If he does direct VIII than holy cow that would be epically awesome

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I concur. Heads will roll if I have to wait for a Tintin sequel.

I have no doubt PJ has an eye for action sequences on an epic scale, I'm just saying that for me it isn't the most exciting part of the idea of him directing a Star Wars film. :p

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am only moderately less anxious to see Professor Calculus than I am to see Luke Skywalker.

Chewgumma likes this.