main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Peter Jackson and Ep VIII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If he does direct *coarse I know this is probably a cruel joke but lets just pretend its real* Then I demand he get Viggo back. He was my first crush and I miss him. That or give me huge battles and a beautifully tragic sad romance like that of Aragorn/Arwen *or if they're going for fluffy duffy romance....frodo and sam ;)*

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hey... leave me out of this! ^^^

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The only thing that makes me anxious about the next film is Anthony Horrowitz. Great kids novelist, I grew up on his books in fact. But not the strongest of scriptwriters.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. Even if it weren't Horrowitz, it is hard to top the team who scripted the first, but I have faith that Jackson will alter anything not in line with the overall series quality they have been aiming for.

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    It's almost an assured setup, and even if it isn't it doesn't mean much. We all know full well other directors were handed treatments for Star Wars.

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    No one knows where Kasdan and Arndt are with the story? Maybe the whole story itself is a lot more evolved than we've been led to believe? Just MAYBE Jackson has been approached about VIII and the whole idea is to have different directors for each of the episodes? With him being a huge fan of SW maybe is was too big a draw to turn down? There's a lot of maybes in there but who knows? This COULD be epic! I for one would give a huge thumbs up if it turns out to be for real.

7. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I want to believe but its most likely just an april fools joke. If it was true then no way would they want that thing to be revealed in a hobbit video. They'd want to keep that quiet

8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm not buying it for a second, namely because I don't think it's standard practice to hand out story treatments with the logo scribbled on the front in pen, though if it were true I don't think there'd be a thing Disney could do about it given that it would be a complete accident made in a live feed. :p

Oh it just occurred to me, during the feed Jackson strongly suggested he's still working on The Dam Busters remake, so that is 4 films he's working on in the immediate future.

9. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Considering it was extremely subtle if it was an AFJ? that makes it VERY clever to who ever thought of it. Most AFJ's are clearly discernible and are easy to dismiss as being that. This is different.

10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Dont doubt the Disney Snipers. If it were real....lets just say the rest of that video would not be pretty :p

11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hahaha, they made a funny!

As nice a joke as it is, that's as far as I'd like to see it go. Jackson and Star Wars, blegghhh! Not for me.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But how can he manage to film walking scenes in space?

Darkslayer and Ryus like this.
  13. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    You know what makes me lean towards April Fool's joke? Silmarillion script. Jackson doesn't have the rights to the Silmarillion, and even if he did, how on Middle-earth would you do it in a way that would be accessible to modern audiences?

Too subtle for April Fool's? Nah. They know us, They know fans are scrutinising every frame of these videos for clues.

GunganSlayer, lbr789 and Darth Claire like this.
  14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
  15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Jeez you'd have to be something to scrutinise a video that has completely nothing to do with Star Wars to try and ascertain clues about upcoming Star Wars films wouldn't you? Could've been a happy accident, who knows? It happens. Maybe now it's become apparent (if true) there isn't frantic phone conversations going on with Jackson saying,'I literally couldn't believe when it that file fell into view! I didn't think anyone would notice?!' Or perhaps it is a load of BS.

16. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    Or, maybe there are LotR/Hobbit fans who are also Star Wars fans. Just throwing that out there.

Another thing: have any scripts/treatments ever been written for SW films before the previous one was released. A lot could change in the plot of Episode VII between now and 2015, even in the editing stage.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah offcourse that's a possibility, who knows? But unlike the previous films Lucas isn't in sole charge of everything and the story (according to his drafts) is pretty much set in stone and unlikely to change. As in, the story of EVII is this, EVIII is this and so on.

18. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    As I recall, they said they would write out the OT characters if the original actors didn't come back. That could be quite a major change for the following films.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Hasn't Lucas already turned over story treatments for all three films of the ST?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    Well, we have no idea how detailed those treatments are. I mean, obviously there was an outline for the whole PT right from the start, and yet the story of RotS was in flux even in the editing stage.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Agreed. It would be a real trip to first see what JJ does with SW, then Peter Jackson. I think I would prefer that over the continuity of one director; different directors who are the greatest of that genre in the modern generation in each SW movie; that would be ideal.

Darth Vader likes this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Right, and I don't imagine scripts have been hammered-out yet (though Kasdan and Kinberg are working on something). That said, it wouldn't shock me if some sort of basic outline has begun to make the rounds among a very select few. Note that this is not to say I believe in the notion of any involvement by Peter Jackson in Episode VIII. There's not enough to go on, I think, to say either way, at this point. It is interesting, though - I'll say that much.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  23. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Jackson and Lucas is good friends so who knows.

24. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    As far as I was aware they were spoken to last year about reprising their roles. Before the sale. And the sale hinged on them agreeing. If they'd turned it down I honestly don't think the ST would've happened. We're supposed to believe (still) that its all conjecture as to wether they've agreed or not but I think they all have, and did so last year. Why not keep everyone in suspense, will they won't they? These things are usually a lot more advanced than everyone thinks, so why not? Maybe Jackson was approached for EVII and said he couldn't because of commitments but he was open for EVIII?

Poor Greedo likes this.
  25. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    Hmm, still not buying it. It's all a little convenient.

26. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    It's a joke.