main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Maybe, or perhaps he can be a loan assassin. Difficult to find.

Regarding Carl...I sort of think he made the right choice, buying sort of think he's becoming a little psycho.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is entirely a fool's errand. There are literally millions of zombies. There's no point in trying to kill them all. Build fence in gardens, and use crop rotation. Not that difficult.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I haven't read through my trades in a while but in the comic didn't the Governor have a tank that rocked the prison?

On the finale I was kind of underwhelmed. It was a good episode but the fact they kept the Governor around for another season is kind of BS. I bet it was a money move. The prison provides a single set piece that keeps costs down. I really hope the Gov and his henchmen come back right away and they kill him off in a few episodes and branch off in a different direction.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The best thing about Chad Coleman is he looked exactly the same in The Wire.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    No Diggy it's because you posted them before it aired on this side. Also because you're a noob.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm sorry, do we seriously have a different spoiler policy for every single show that has a thread here? Because GoT and Doctor Who the policy is once it airs anywhere, you enter the thread at your own risk. I really hate having to hide and read things under 'spoiler' tags once this show has aired because then I have no idea when I click them if it's just people discussing an episode we all should have seen by now (or just avoid the thread) or something from the comic books (which should always be in spoiler tags). Arg.

I don't think they kept the Governor and them at the prison solely for money reasons (though keeping the prison and probably Woodbury sets involved for at least a while longer probably is attractive to them). They could have stayed with the Governor being dead. In fact, it would have made even more sense for them to stay put then. I think they kept The Governor because he's easily the most interesting character in the show and having a human antagonist who's smart and could be out there anywhere is more interesting than having a human antagonist like Shane.

Diggy and halibut like this.
  7. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I'm guessing we are not going to see the Govenor again until at least the mid-season finale of season 4. Maybe a surprise attack on the prison when everything is going well, or an ambush on a scouting party where he captures and kills someone. Heck, I'm sure they could find a way to do Martinez's mole plotline somehow. That's something I would really like to see.

Also, lets be realistic: it's much easier to move the setting of a comic around than it is a TV show. A lot of money went into the prison set, and I doubt they would want to give it up after just one season. I'm really glad they are staying there. I don't want every season to be based in a different place. Lets see if they can make it more secure and more liveable: that will make it all the better to watch inevitably come crashing down.

Juliet316 and Darth-Lando like this.
  8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I'm guessing the Governor will be AWOL for a while, then show up halfway through or so (I hate that we're just accepting that there has to be a mid-season finale though. Damn you, AMC. I detest split seasons). I'm wondering how on earth he'd keep Martinez with him, though. If the guy wasn't going to kill him, he could at least have the brains to bolt as soon as possible.

I don't know much about the behind the scenes stuff. Obviously the interiors of the prison are a set, but did they build exterior elements as well? I just assumed that it was an actual abandoned prison in Georgia, as that sort of thing is actually not all that difficult to find. I wasn't sure though.

9. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think on an earlier page in this thread someone posted a link to a Google Maps thing with all the set locations, and the Prison is apparently converted warehouses or a film studio or something? One side definitely borders directly with a road so I'm thinking its probably not actually a prison.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Huh, well if that's the case that's definitely a large build then. I can undertand them wanting to milk it for all it's worth. But plotwise it also makes sense. Why would they leave and take a large group on the road when they have protection?

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Double post. Dammit.

13. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Purely because I don't know what people decide they want to consider spoilers for next season:

FYI, Morrissey has signed on as a series regular for Season 4. It's based in both his performance this season, and where they want the show to go.

14. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Safe to say Rick will probably never lose that hand. At least we had handless Merle for a while.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    [​IMG]

darthcaedus1138 and Diggy like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Excellent!

17. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Since it seems they are going to stay in the prison at least for a good part of next season, I could totally see them
    doing the thing in the comics where they initially expected to get raided and then eventually they let their guard down and begin to finally settle in the prison, start gardening and so on; and then some time later, when they least expect it, the Governor will be back in full psycho mode with a new army and possibly the tank. So they may yet do the prison carnage but they'll save it for next season... Otherwise having a loony Governor loose somewhere in Georgia makes little sense.

And since I haven't commented on Carl's decision to shoot the other kid: it seemed to me that after he was asked to surrender his gun he inched closer to Carl and I thought he would try to grab the gun from his hand or overpower him. So yeah, Carl might be a bit trigger happy but in this instance I think it was the smart thing to do. [/spoilers].

PRENNTACULAR and Darth-Lando like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I can see them initially worried about the return of the Governor, until they get complacent and let personal drama overtake their lives for a bit. Then everything will be pretty much hunky-dory until BAM the Governor returns with a tank/army and basically issues 43-48 happen, more or less.

19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Carl made the right choice. Carl and Hershel got the drop on him and gave him the chance to surrender. Instead of dropping his gun and going to his knees with his hands above his head, the hotshot thought he'd inch towards a crippled old man and a pre-teen with his gun still in hand. Carl made the right choice.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, I'd agree upon reflection. It was his reaction to it, or lack thereof, that makes me think he's going to become psycho.

21. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    They screwed up this scene. I'm sure they wanted less ambiguity and a clearer case of Carl damaged and hardened by the experience of his mom's death. But they didn't really have the balls to make Carl a cold killer of a man trying to surrender. Instead, audiences are a bit perplexed by the old man's reaction. You'd think he'd be smart enough to say: it was a confusing situation and Carl felt threatened. Probably, that's not how it was written.

22. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't think they screwed it up. I think they intentionally left it somewhat grey. Carl isn't lying about what he did or why he did it. He just sees it differently than Hershel. He's a product of a violent world.Hershel is not.

In areas of the world where people are fending for themselves during war or other disasters, it's often the kids who are the most dangerous. Carl is just colder than Hershel at this point. Was he right or wrong? You can see both sides. I'm with Carl on that. Now, he might start becoming a mini-Shane in the next season, but we'll have to see.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    That's the problem. I'm guessing they didn't grey it up as much as it was originally written, leaving pretty much everyone who posted here coming down on Carl's side. They wanted ambiguity, but failed to deliver: no one who watched the scene feels any of that ambiguity. Hershel looks stupid. The gun was pointed more or less directly at him as the boy was bringing it forward.

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Mods, should comic book spoilers be marked as such or no? I'd appreciate some enforcement if they should be.

25. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    They've been edited in by mods in previous posts, so I'd say definitely