main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    According to current canon...

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Just use Tenebrous, his spirit is alive for sure.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I thought Tenebrous was trapped in a perpetual And I Must Scream fate as he was forced to relive his death for all eternity. Unless this is some kind of Sealed Evil in A Can situation...In any case, there's no way he would ever come out sane.

Immortiss likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    A great disturbance in the Force would make it. I like Plagueis but compare to Anakin he had little connection with Luke and we don't see his spirit after his death.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maul came back...

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    True.

8. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I foresee some kind of plague eeeous.

Darkslayer and darklordoftech like this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It turns out Tenebrous had another secret apprentice. [face_skull]

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. RE687

RE687 Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2005
    A rumor I read about a few weeks ago mentioned that a disciple of Palpatine would the the villain the Sequel Trilogy. This got me hypothesizing that instead of introducing a brand character, they would would use an existing one-Sly Moore. We do that Palpatine closely trusted her and he trained her somewhat in Dark Side. We know virtually nothing about what happened to her after the Last of the Jedi series other than she was attempting to convert captive force potentials to the Dark Side. Perhaps she fled after Palpatine's defeat and bided her time to defeat Luke Skywalker and the Jedi Order.

12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    There are no rumors. Just dumb speculation.

13. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Too much EU in your theory.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    8 years of lurking is something to be commended, if nothing else.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope she runs her vast criminal enterprise out of her regular booth in Dex's Diner.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The "I am your father" moment of the ST will be when they pull aside the curtain to reveal that she was controlling the waitress-bot that served Obi Wan his jawa juice.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope she teams up with Trioculas...

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd have no problem whatsoever getting behind a great female antagonist in the ST. As I'm whole-heartedly of the position that Luke's son should be the hero of Episodes 7, 8 and 9, I'd certainly like to see that happen long before a female protagonist this time out.

Although the motivations, pedigree and affiliation (Sith?) of the big bad is more important than his or her gender, species, etc.(and though female 'bad guys' are fairly prevalent throughout the greater SW franchise), a female villain is unheard of in the films and it could be a welcome move.

That said, Sly Moore? Nah.

19. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I just want a well conceived and written villain. I don't care whether male or female.

Female could certainly be interesting.

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Merging with primary villain thread.

21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Neither would I. *nudge nudge*

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why would you rather Luke have a son than a daughter?

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, without getting too far into it now (it's late here where I am), I view the ST as a continuation (perhaps even the culmination) of the story of Episodes I-VI. As such, there are certain very definite traditions - story elements of plot, characters, setting, conflict and theme that I would like to see be maintained/expanded upon. I hope we see a continued exploration of the monomyth, for example and a John Williams score among other things.

As my signature suggests, I'm very down with Ian McDiardmid's appreciation of the theme of Skywalker father and sons (and considering my own father issues, I suppose it's no wonder that It's right at the center of my enjoyment of the saga). I think that with so much prior exploration of and emphasis upon the theme, the writers would be left with with much to play off of with Luke as a father, how he would raise a son of his own while balancing his duties with the NJO and how that son would respond to his dad and to the Skywalker legacy in general. We've even the chance to actually see a healthy Skywalker father / son relationship - imagine that! :)

It's not that I'm against a female protagonist in a Star Wars film/trilogy/what-have-you, it's just that for these next three films, in particular, I very much wish to see this opportunity taken advantage of. You know, I even say give us two heroes, a 'Ben Skywalker' and a 'Jaina Solo,' and I'll love it. In fact, as long as Luke has a son to maintain the dynamic, I wouldn't object to Luke having a daughter, as well. A father / daughter dynamic is a wondrous thing all its own (my only child is my precious, beloved little girl), but it's a very different sort of thing. It is simply that the main focus of my interest, in this particular narrative, is the story of Skywalker fathers and sons.

I know we all want different things from these films, but if it were somehow left to me to pick the next-generation hero of 7, 8 and 9, it's Luke's son, hand's down. Do I expect Luke to have a son? I'm not sure, but I sure do hope so.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Personally, I like it. I like the idea of Plagueis figuring out some loophole that allows him to live forever. As if he created Anakin to kill Sidious, who killed Plagueis. It would be neat if Plagueis cast some magic spell that would bring him back to life after his own muderer dies. Maybe it would be set up that it would be 40 years after the death of his killer, he would be brought back to life. Maybe creating Anakin was his way of living forever. He created someone to kill his own murderer, that would ultimately bring him back to life due to his magical spell...

...Another component that nobody here seems to mention is to make use of the netherworld of the Force. Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Yoda, and Anakin are in some etherial plane right now, and maybe they see the spirit of Plagueis resurface, and hence have to warn Luke to be ready.

Darth Archimage and Darkslayer like this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Father-son was already explored enough imo. And by the way a good father-son relationship = little conflict!

Give us something new already. We're going to get enough callbacks and other traditional star wars elements as it is.

Father-daughter also has a dynamic to it but a bit different. More interesting because not yet done in SW context.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.