main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why didn't Anakin bring Padme back from the dead?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Twi'lekPrince, Mar 25, 2013.

1. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Even if he discovered the power, I'm sure it would have taken Anakin more than a few days to do so...and by then Padme's corpse would have been decomposing and maggotty.

Arawn_Fenn and ILNP like this.
  2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Every Force power has to make a sound?

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    IIRC, the only power that doesn't have the force sound effect is mind trick.
    So no.:p

4. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    I think the only answer on this question is-Anakin had destroyed mind (and judgment) for decades... Luke finally "gave him light"... Anakin was schizophrenic... Two persons in one man... Anakin and Darth Vader... Also,Palpatin said something like this:"The power of ressurecting had only one"-so "Darth Sidious" was the most powerful idiot in history-he had master with such great power and he killed him before he get that power... That can be lie of course,and I didin't read darth Plague book,but from my point of view,man who behave like Anakin is schizo... Sith lord or not...

VanishingReality likes this.
  5. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    The ability was lost. If he could have he would have done it.

6. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I disagree with your first point. Anakin wasn't schizoid. He was just consumed with ambition, hatred and suspicion to the point that he just put aside his old life because it didn't give him what he wanted. This is one of the reasons I didn't like the ROTS novelization, because it basically says the reason Anakin did what he did was he went crazy. Not guilty by reason of mental disease. That's not what the movies say at all.

As for bringing Padme back from the dead, it seems clear to me that Palpatine was lying. He's basically a con artist who used Ani as his mark in order to seize power. And, if he ever did learn that power, there's no way he'd let Ani use it to bring her back.

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Anakin wasn't streetwise enough to see he was getting stitched up something chronic. I was almost expecting him at one point to say, 'Right, hold on a minute.' Like he'd had a sudden moment of clarity. But he didnt.

8. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    That's how con artists work. They convince a person they can get what they want most by using illegal means, which makes it a "sure thing". Plus, they separate the mark from other people who would try to talk him out of it, and make him think that he must decide immediately to join in or lose the opportunity forever.

Palpatine's like an evil, murderous Henry Gondorf, actually.

9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    sorry. 'Right hold on a minute' like he'd had a moment of clarity. But he didnt, was supposed to have a sarcastic tone to it. Apologies.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The real question would be, if Padme was brought back to life, would she still want to live knowing what Anakin had become?

11. Twi'lekPrince

Twi'lekPrince Jedi Knight

Mar 24, 2013
    That is a good question, and I believe the answer is most likely not. She would probably be horrified by what he had become and she might even lose the will to live. I may not be correct when I say this but it would kind of be like when she died during childbirth (losing the will to live, I mean).

12. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    I am sorry-but Anakin IS in his Jedi form at the end of Ep. 6 -so that mean he is not guilty (by Lukas point of view)for everything he did. I am more renegade than you,I don't brelieve in mental disease like excuse for crimes-by my point of view he don't deserve place with Yoda and Obi Wan,but I didn't make a movie :D

He was smart,full of ideas,and fear of losing Padme destroyed his personality-he became someone else.
    Someone who cold bloodly killed children,friends,then separatist leaders,and at the end he didn't recognize anyone-his hatred is confussional,and his mind was in dark..Dark which last for decades... His mental abilities were destroyed... Like he is in cage...

But that don't mean he is not guilty-for me,that only means he was weak and even more guitly than Darth Sidious-to let someone to destroy everything he done,everyone close,also by his own hand-that is really-patethic for someone with such potential and strength of will...

But Lucas gave him a pardon-because of killing Darth Sidious,and liberating his own personallity...

13. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    No, it's not that he's not guilty. He's repented his crimes and been granted forgiveness. And it's not that he's reverted to his original personality. He's just realized that he's been wrong all these years, hiding behind a new name and title, making people think that Anakin no longer existed, when he knew that he still did.

Anakin was granted personal forgiveness from Luke, and "divine" forgiveness from the Force, so he's in Jedi Heaven. Of course, his other victims will probably still hold a grudge, and he'd spend his life in prison if he'd have lived, but that's beyond his control.

Again, I apologize for taking this thread way off-subject. I'll stop now.

darth ladnar likes this.
  14. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Sometimes the novelizations interpret the films differently from what happen on screen, you kind of have to take them with a grain of salt. At any rate, I think it is pretty clear that Palps did not have the intention to ever help Anakin save Padme. He was only stringing Anakin along until he too became corrupted by the dark side. IMO, Palps lied about Plagueis learning to stop death, it isn't the sith's style to save people. Though I think the story is half true with Palps killing his master after he learned everything he could from him, ie Plagueis, like Dooku and the CIS leaders were bumped off after they were no longer useful to him. It even nearly happened with Vader in ROTJ, it's Palps' style. I don't see anything in the ROTS film that suggested Palps used the dark side to keep Anakin alive, he ordered his Stormtroopers to get a medical capsule and took Anakin straight into surgery.

15. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm getting a eerie Frankenstein vibe right now...

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

If it serves their purposes, why not?

18. fenixbg

fenixbg Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    I am sorry,but that logic looks for me in this way-mass murderer killed millions of people,and they had their little mistakes in life.They are lost in the void(because they are not Jedis) or in hell(because they didn't have a chance to ask for forgiveness),but,at the end mass murderer killed his mentor,realized that is bad to kill more people and he have eternal peace with his old master :)

Ok I don't argue with you who is right,that only Lukas knows,maybe you are nearer because here is goal reunion of father and son,but I don't feel right about conclusion...

Palpatine was lying in fight with Windu-"I am only one who have power to save Padme".After death of Windu-he said something like this-"Only one had that power,but we can master it,together."
    Also,Luke was really strong in Force... Palpatin knew real reason why Jedi don't have children... And he knew "family of Sith" would be so strong for him.... Anakin,Luke and Leia(she have potential) like Stih lords against Palpatin? He is dead man lol-he hoped for this-Padme is dead-kids are dead.

19. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    It's clear he lied, either about having the power or the power itself, or about his willingness to share that power with Anakin.

No matter how you dice it up, he lied about something.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Nope. I outlined a scenario where he lied about nothing. You simply don't want to consider that possibility.

21. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I considered it when I read it. I didn't agree with you.

Rejection of a notion is not the same thing as not considering a notion.

I don't buy the argument you put forth. Nothing says we have to agree with each other. You and I almost never agree on anything. We just have very different outlooks.

22. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I also agree Palps lied to Anakin about having the power of life and death, I think he even lied about any Stih ever having that power. Though I do believe Palps did kill his old master since he had no more use of him. I also agree if a dying person had some use to a Sith then they probably would save that person if they could and keep them alive until they no longer had any use.

23. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think the nature of the lie is unclear. The only thing I think we know for certain, at least without the EU, is that Palpatine killed Plagueis.

But he definitely was lying to Anakin about something. He gave him a classic bait and switch. Played him for a fool. And if Anakin wasn't such a dolt he would have cut Palpatine in half the second he said that they had to "discover the secret".

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Palpatine's whole story is consistent with him saying they have to work together to do it. If that is true either one has the ability to make it happen by joining forces with the other.

25. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    He says they have to discover the secret, yet earlier he says that Plagueis had been murdered only after he had passed on all he knew. He is clearly playing Anakin for a fool. He is clearly lying to Anakin. A classic bait and switch.

You don't discover a secret you have already been taught.

fenixbg likes this.