main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The LACWAC characters of the year awards!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We're getting closer to the end of the LACWAC characters of the year awards! There's only one category left, which is the overall character of the year award. For this award there will be ten nominees, and I'll also include how the nominees got ranked from 1st place to 10th place. Will your favourite character win? Stay tuned and find out today.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, but today for you is tomorrow for most of us. Damn future people yada yada.

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Jordan1Kenobi

I'm a pretty big numbers guy, I love statistics. Out of curiosity, are you going to release statistics for the number of votes each of the nominees received for each category? Perhaps the total percentages in a chart?

I'm too lazy to go back and count the totals from everyone's posts haha.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I knew I should've saved my Excel documents... The only one I'd be able to do that for is the final category, which is the biggest and most important anyway.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think the only category that was missing in this awards thread was 'Hottest Character Of The Year'.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol, what is this? The Clone Wars next top model? :p

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It does say something for Lucasfilm Animation when we would consider calling a cartoon character "hot".

K'Kruhk and Valairy Scot like this.
  8. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    CaptainRex115

Let's put it this way:

The category was for 'Duelist of the Year'. So basically, the best duelist over the past two seasons.

Pre Vizsla's statistics: two duels, 0% win record, failed to prevent one opponent from escaping, killed by the other, two destroyed jetpacks, loss of weapon against unarmed opponent, snapped arm, loss of teeth, bollocking to the head, decapitated.
    Darth Sidious' statistics: one duel against two Sith Lords, 100% win record, killed one with ease, incapacitated and tortured the other who begged for mercy, received one headbutt to the chest and one kick to the stomach.

Now, judging on these records, do you still think that Vizsla was more impressive, the better duelist, and therefore would have deserved to be crowned 'Duelist of the Year'?

9. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    yes, and many other people agree with me. Big deal sidious beat savage and managed to beat maul with the force. Big whoop, thats no surprise at all. Vizsla, being a non force user able to go even with darth maul and barley lose due to maul getting in some crucial hits with his metal legs and he was beating ahsoka before she fled. duelist of the year doesnt mean the best duelist, it just means duelist of the year. you dont have to be the best duelist to win duelist of the year. vizsla had more of an impact on me, while with sidious it was no surprise and he looked pretty stupid spinning around and stuff. Vizsla was better, and he brought us the greatest fight of the season along with darth maul. so yeah, he gets my vote for duelist of the year.

10. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Then I think Kit Fisto should have won duelist of the year for 2005 since he managed to block a few strikes from Sidious.

I'd like to know what your definition of 'many' is because apart from you only four people voted for Vizsla.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The time has come the reveal the winner for category 1: The overall best character of the year.
    And the nominees are:
    Asajj Ventress
    Savage Opress
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Captain Rex
    Darth Maul
    Ahsoka Tano
    Hondo Ohnaka
    Bo-Katan
    Anakin Skywalker
    Darth Sidious
    And the winner is...
    Ahsoka Tano!
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations to Ahsoka Tano for winning the overall character of the year award! Ahsoka Tano showed many qualities of a great character throughout season four and season five. She fought in several duels and even saved the day a few times. Her stand out performance was when she had to prove her innocence, as she was set up and made to look like the one who had bombed the Jedi Temple. After being proven innocent she decided to leave the Jedi Order, and now her fate his currently unknown. Ahsoka was in duels with many strong villains, such as Pre Vizsla and General Grievous, and she managed to escape from both of them. She also fought with Barriss Offee think that it was Asajj Ventress, but she soon found out that Barriss was the one who fought her, and was behind the bombing of the Jedi Temple and all of the other things that Ahsoka was framed for.​
    Second place
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Third place
    Darth Maul
    Fourth place
    Darth Sidious
    Fifth place
    Asajj Ventress
    Sixth place
    Anakin Skywalker
    Seventh place
    Savage Opress and Hondo Ohnaka
    Ninth place
    Bo-Katan
    Tenth place
    Captain Rex

12. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    5 votes should tell you something. and i'd have no problem with you voting fisto for duelist of the year in 2005. its your opinion. and lol @ comparing fisto vs sidious to maul vs vizsla. you might as well compare agen kolar vs sidious to anakin vs obiwan.

CONGRATS TO AHSOKA FOR WINNING!!!! and obiwan/maul/anakin getting top spots as well!!

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Joint seventh place with Hondo? These awards are rigged.

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Especially after he won the Hurt and Heal thread so decisively...very suspicious indeed....I demand a recount! The integrity of our once-fair awards ceremony has clearly been compromised by you cheating rapscallions!

(To solve this problem in the future, I suggest we begin enforcing a new voter ID law like the one Arkansas just passed. It'll help suppress minority turnout AND win Randy the next election--both wonderful things for our democracy!)

15. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Okay now for the episodes awards :)

16. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Five votes does tell me something. It tells me it's a poor amount of votes when compared to how many people voted overall.

I think you had trouble understanding my post, as there was no indication of me comparing the two duels. I was simply using your logic to make a silly suggestion of my own.

As I said above, five people isn't 'many'.

Sure, no big deal at all. I mean, it wasn't as if it was an important duel fighting two Sith Lords, was it?

Neither was Vizsla's defeat. You knew it was going to happen ever since the trailer was released.

It was not even and he did not 'barely' lose to Maul, he got the **** beaten out of him. He was a defeated man before Maul clobbered him with his metal legs so don't use that as an excuse.

It's spelt *barely*, by the way. Barley is something completely different.

Ahsoka's whole intention was to escape from the beginning, and not to try beating Vizsla in a duel. In the end she outsmarted him, destroyed his jetpack and took off.

Wow really? Duelist of the year means duelist of the year? Who would have thought.

Of course not. On an unrelated topic, let's all vote for Conrad Murray as best doctor of the year for 2009. He wasn't the best doctor around, but apparently that doesn't matter.

Tarpals had a bigger impact on me. Did I vote for him? No.

Vizsla looked pretty stupid when he got outsmarted by a teenager. And when he lost some teeth.

Proved incorrect.

Your opinion. Many people preferred the Sidious vs Maul and Savage duel.

Even though he wasn't duelist of the year?

17. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Vizsla was my duelist of the year lol. people have opinions if you havent realized we all dont have to salivate over some old man spinning around in his dress. i dont see you criticizing all the other people who didnt vote sidious, is there opinion "Wrong" as well?

if we are going by pure skill with a saber then anakin is actually the duelist hes above sidious. so your opinion is wrong by your own logic you should be voting anakin

18. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    This is the last I'm going to say on this matter here so if you want to 'debate' more on this send me a PM (although I hope you don't, as it would only waste my time).

Na I only criticised you because after the result you went on about how Vizsla should have won. Also I respect the other users here, even if I disagree with them on occasion.

Actually 'my logic' would dictate that he's not. Over the past two seasons he dueled Dooku twice, lost once and couldn't get the better of him in the next one. So no, I shouldn't be voting for Anakin.

19. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Anakin whooped dooku when he dueled him in Crisis on Naboo... unless we are now counting force powers into dueling which doesnt make sense... So yeah Anakin was the most skilled duelist of the year.

20. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    [face_clown]

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Woohoo! Ahsoka! There is not a Like powerful enough for me to select on that final award category.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks to everyone who participated in this years LACWAC characters of the year awards! There were a lot of participants, 37 to be exact, which was a lot more than I expected! Hopefully this won't be the last awards, because if we get most of season six, then there'll be another. Thanks again, and I hope you all enjoyed it!

Summary

1. Overall best character of the year

1. Ahsoka Tano
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Darth Maul
    4. Darth Sidious
    5. Asajj Ventress
    6. Anakin Skywalker
    7. Savage Opress and Hondo Ohnaka
    9. Bo-Katan
    10. Captain Rex

2. Hero of the year

Obi-Wan Kenobi

3. Villain of the year

Darth Maul

4. Bounty Hunter of the year

Asajj Ventress

5. Droid of the year

R2-D2

6. Original character of the year

Bo-Katan

7. Most interesting character of the year

Ahsoka Tano

8. Funniest character of the year

Hondo Ohnaka

9. Duellist of the year

Darth Sidious

10. Character with the greatest scene of the year

Ahsoka Tano

11. One off character of the year

Clone Commando Gregor

12. Cameo of the year

Coleman Kcaj and Cin Drallig

13. Character model of the year

Darth Maul

14. Character with the best voice acting of the year

Darth Sidious (Ian Abercrombie)

15. Second chance award

Captain Rex

16. Death of the year (Bonus category)

Savage Opress

23. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    hmm 5/37.. seems like about 14% seems like a fair amount

24. AhsokaBonteri

AhsokaBonteri Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2013
    1. Overall best character of the year (Vote for your top five characters)
    1. Ahsoka
    2. Ventress
    3. Lux
    4. Satine/Bo-Katan
    5. Obi-Wan
    2. Hero of the year
    Ahsoka
    3. Villain of the year
    Maul, Barriss, Tarkin, Sanjay Rash
    4. Bounty Hunter of the year
    Ventress/Lattz Razzi
    5. Droid of the year
    R2-D2/Huyang
    6. Original character of the year
    Anakin
    7. Most interesting character of the year
    Barriss, Ahsoka,
    8. Funniest character of the year
    the little Tooka's
    9. Duellist of the year
    Barriss Offee and Anakin/Sidious and Maul
    10. Character with the greatest scene of the year
    Ahsoka- as she left the Jedi order
    11. One off character of the year (A character who only appeared in one episode)
    Lattz Razzi
    12. Cameo of the year
    Coleman Kjac/Thongla Jur
    13. Character model of the year
    Barriss Offee, Yoda
    14. Character with the best voice acting of the year
    Ahsoka, Anakin, Saesee Tiin
    15. Second chance award (A character that you think deserves an award, but didn't get nominated in any of the other categories)
    Steela, Miraj Scintel and all Zygerians, Mace Windu
    16. Death of the year (Bonus category)
    Adi Gallia, Steela
    Side note: part of me died as Ahsoka left does that count?

WatTamborWoo likes this.