main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    This is pretty much my feelings. I just sit back and enjoy the adventure, and alternate between a sad face and an angry frown when Even Piell dies. :p

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Padawan Lost:

Felucia again? Really? What the hell is up out there? Other than some cool glowing plant life they can hide in.

LOL Anakin telling Ahsoka not to get cocky.

*** DAMN ****ING SPIDERS AGAIN! Make it stop!

This is the first time I've really noticed Ahsoka's backwards saber hold. It looks wrist sprain inducing.

The Trandoshans are damn menacing, some of the only TCW villains who actually scared me. Makes me wonder how Han ever got Chewie away from them.

And they mount their kills on their walls? Damn Southern rednecks...oh, wait...

Geez, poor Rex. And poor Anakin. :(

And poor hopeless Kalifa. Who is right, the Trandoshans are disgusting.

"Other Padawans once thought as you do." Baaaddd OT line use.

"My Master would never forgive me for running and hiding." Probably true.

"Here Lizard Lizard." LMAO WTF?

And let the Force-choke game begin. "Don't kill him out of hatred." Oh Ahsoka, you hypocrite.

Ahsoka brings hope where there was none. I think I need a fluoride rinse now.

And lookee here, she sees Wookiees.

Jungle scenes are visually stunning.

OK Lizard Boy, shut up and shoot. After Mad Skillz Snips jumps over you of course.

OK that was annoying, but the next scene...damn, Kalifa. :_|

I've always loved the scene with Anakin and the galaxy hologram, looking like he has either been crying or is about to. The talk with Plo is good; someone has to be the calm one here.

4/10

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I meant to go through that duology.

Oh well.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Do it.

Wookiee Hunt:

"This one was faster than most." Hello, Mad Skillz Snips.

Ranting Vengeful Trandoshan from the end of Padawan Lost reappears. Annoying.

"Let's go down with a fight." I agree with Ahsoka for once.

But LMAO did she just jump on the ship?

Oh hell, nasty lizard Padawan dodgeball.

Ahsoka shoved the Trandoshan out of the ship with the Force. Ok, I appreciated this Mad Skillz Snips display.

"It's a Wookiee!" What's up, Chewie? I thought you were an OT character.

I'm actually OK with Ahsoka speaking Shyriwook. Maybe she likes languages, as I always did. I had a bigger problem with Filoni's later statement that Han couldn't speak it.

"Time to join the Force, Jedi." LOL wut?

Chewie should have ripped the Trandoshan's arms off.

Jenks and the other British-accent-youngling come up with a convoluted plan and then give Ahsoka more sappy words.'

Ah, this is new: if at first a Jedi mind trick doesn't work, have Chewie knock the **** out of the victim.

Chewie and the Jedi vs hysterical lizards. My son: "why the heck does he want their skins?"

And damn, the rescue crew appears. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee. The whole fight is amusing, except when Chewie is on his back.

Mad Skillz Snips display was OK until she pulled the Vader line. " You are beaten." *headdesk*

Reunion. Wow, sweet Ahsoka and Anakin moment there. My only complaint? Anakin, just hug her already, who cares who is watching, you know you want to.

7/10

5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    When the heck did Filoni say that? Such stupidity must be experienced.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It was in an interview, and I don't have the link but the quote was posted a few times in different threads. I'll see if I can look it up.

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    "Filoni: Ahsoka can understand Chewie. Han Solo cannot and can only guess Chewie's emotions"

lolnope try again, Dave.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I destroyed that little theory back on the temp boards.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, it's always nice to lower your expectations of a creator's abilities by reading stupidity.

At least TCW didn't have a young Han in it.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It was Filoni's stupidest attempt ever to elevate Ahsoka into a Super-Padawan.

If TCW had had young Han in it, Ahsoka probably would have taught him how to build and fix the Falcon.

07jonesj likes this.
  11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh, and just imagine all the Han OT lines we'd have to groan at. [face_frustrated]

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We've groaned at a few of them already I think. But I'm sure Filoni would have Ahsoka out-smartass Han.

And I'd have to do tequila shots as I watched.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Mad Skillz Snips; sounds like it could be a pretty good username.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni, look at ANH first.

Chewie growls something
    Han: Boy you said it, Chewie.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Let's not forget the "Chewie here tells me" line from ANH too. [face_plain]

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Maybe he drew a picture? :p

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Han: Chewie, I can't guess your emotions from the picture.

:oops:

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    But...but...but...Han was just reading Chewie's emotions!

...or something.

And MadSkillzSnips is my sock.

07jonesj likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I thought Leia was the one that Lucas retroactively decided to make Force-sensitive, not Han?!? :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And...

Han: Keep your distance though, Chewie, but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance.

Chewie barks a question.

Han: I don't know. Fly casual.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni Special Edition:

Han: Keep your distance though, Chewie, but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance.

Chewie barks a question.

Han: I'm sorry, what? I couldn't detect any emotion from that.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The most glaring example is this exchange:

Han: Chewie? Chewie, is that you?
    Chewie grabs Han and shakes him
    Han: Ch-Chewie! I can't see, pal. What's going on?
    Chewie barks
    Han: Luke? Luke's crazy! He can't even take care of himself, much less rescue anybody.
    Chewie barks again
    Han: A Jedi Knight? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!

Yeah, tell me Han got Luke's name and occupation through emotion. o_O

JackG, cwustudent, GGrievous and 2 others like this.
  23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That's got to be the dumbest thing Dave Filoni has ever said. I don't know how someone could watch Star Wars without realizing that Han understands Chewie.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Padawan Lost

This episode started of really strongly with the battle of Felucia, I really like that planet, because the scenery looks so awesome. We've seen Felucia a few times now, so seeing it at night was really cool, especially with the glowing plants, and I reckon battles always look cool at night with the laser bolts and explosions brightening up the scene, like in 'The Jedi Who Knew Too Much' and 'Massacre', which both looked amazing. It was also a nice addition to see a couple of Felucians from the episode 'Bounty Hunters' again, and see them actually help the Jedi.

It was great to see Plo Koon in a battle, because considering how many episodes he's actually been in, which is a lot, this was the first battle we've seen him in, followed by Kadavo, but that's it. I liked the part where Plo Koon tells his troopers to follow him and him force jumps like one million miles into the air and there's that brief moment where the troopers just look at him, but then use their jet packs. Maybe it would've been cool to make this duology an arc, and have a whole episode just with the battle of Felucia, and instead of just a small outpost, have a proper base with Grievous in command or something, and we could even get a Plo Koon vs. Grievous duel, which would've been awesome.

I was really happy when I saw that there were Trandoshans in these episodes the first time I watched them, because of how much I liked Bossk, and I always thought we'd never see anymore of his species, then bam! There's hundreds of them (Well about 10 or more anyway), but that was cool to see. Garnac was my favourite Trandoshan, he's still no where near as cool as Bossk, but he was still strong and intimidating. His son had a bit of an odd voice, and so did one of the other Trandoshans, but I guess you've got to make them as different as possible so you don't get any of them mistaken for one of the others.

The scenery on Trandosha looked great with the forest and the other planet or moon you can see in the background. Having the Jedi Younglings were a great addition to compare how much stronger with the force Ahsoka was than an average Youngling, which is shown throughout the whole series, especially the season finale arc of season five. I thought Ahsoka was great in this episode, and she must be pretty strong to be able to take on a Trandoshan in a one on one fight and manage to push him off of her when he had her pinned to the ground. I thought that brief look she gave during the fight was pretty funny when the Trandoshan had his claws across her whole face. That fight was definitely one of the highlights of the episodes along with the battle of Felucia.

Overall I thought it was a great episode, and I give it an 8/10.

Nexumaster and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Water War:

Ugh, fortune cookie about destiny.

I always liked that they animated this whole arc in a fish tank. Nice visuals there.

Padme's negotiations fail, the Quarren scream hostilities, prepare for assault. It's been done.

Tamsin is as annoying as I remembered, and I feel just as sorry for Lee-Char as I remembered. Little dude is in way over his head.

Pew-pew-pew and all the bolts manage to miss Ackbar.

"****! We're in trouble!" And Snips to the rescue just in time.

"They're cheering for them!" "Then make it for you." Awesome line.

And the monumentally stupid moment when the Chosen One can't retrieve his own damn helmet.

Asinine ****ing Jaws moment. But...shirtless Kit Fisto.

The giant jellyfish were set up as a good threat. Well done. And Lee-Char quits jabbering about "being brave" and gets the **** out.

7/10

The Shadow Emperor likes this.