main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    TFU was serviceable, I personally enjoyed that game a lot, yet objectively it's not that great a game. I just enjoyed throwing people around the place, ragdoll style.

TFU2 was terrible, and was absolutely panned by critics. Given that it was also 5 hours long, it's more of a DLC to the first game than a game in it's own right.

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Amazing concepts, which could have been waaaaayaayayayayayyyyy awesomer games. See: Jedi Outcast.

07jonesj likes this.
  3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Our Star Wars entertainment for the year... purgatory in LACWAC.

4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I would hardly call TFU2 an amazing concept. When you give a character a great send-off, you don't just clone them so they can appear in the next game. That's stupid.

We've had over three hours of visual SW this year. That's nothing to sniff at.

Hopefully we'll get the rest of the finished stuff too, and it'll be even higher than that.

Watto likes this.
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Actually... i appreciate your positive spin. :)

Much needed for me.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not about Anakin, but I was surprised that he wasn't on there. I actually think he should have taken Wedge's place.

The whole Alec Obi-Wan and Ewan Obi-Wan situation may be hazy, I'd think that a vote for Vader is very much a vote for Vader, while a vote for Anakin is a vote for Anakin. Vader winning wouldn't really translate to "hey, they wanna see pre-Episode II material with teenage Anakin and mullet Obi-Wan!" Which... I actually really do want to see. Or "Wowee! Those fans sure love Vader! They must have meant Anakin, which means they liked the Anakin as seen in The Clone Wars. Better give 'em a proper conclusion to the TV series!"

07jonesj likes this.
  7. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Well, heh... I was trying to temper my comments and be nice. But in the interest of making sense, I'll bite: I sort of hated both games, and thought they were a huge waste of a great concept. So, I wasn't so much thinking of the TFUII concept.

07jonesj likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It wasn't sarcasm, I'm honestly uncertain as to why he isn't on there, as you are.

This thread needs optimism or people will lose hope.

Remember that we've had roughly 40 hours (!) of SW from this show. That's amazing.

We don't know how much Season 6 material we'll be seeing, but we're most likely, at the very least, getting another 2 hours. We're trying to get more of this show because of our passion for it. Let's show our passion!

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    'Chewbacca' and 'favorite characters' just doesn't go together fo me. I've been a huge fan of everything that's robotic in nature since I was 6 (hence my old obsession with ABC Warriors and my newer ones with Lego's Bionicle and Hero Factory franchises), while animal movie characters never did anything for me. Had it been a pure OT poll, I'd have picked a Gonk over the bathroom rug.

In tonight's poll, I voted for Obi-Wan - Yoda's just a frog with ears, anyway.
    My other vote went to Jabba.
    That's right, Jabba.
    He's not very animal-ly in my book (he doesn't look like a slug at all), he reminds me of one of my favorite cartoon characters from way back (Barbapapa!), and I just can't stop thinking of him in his bikini.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    My thought is that they didn't want to separate Anakin into two characters, PT Anakin and OT Vader. To the pollmakers, it would be like voting for the same character twice. Obviously they chose Vader because he is more iconic, and far more popular than Hayden's portrayal of Anakin (it isn't even close).

But I agree with you and Darth_Harmon that they probably could have separated the two, since they are fairly distinct personalities even if they are the same person. We only ever get small glimpses of the real Anakin Skywalker in Darth Vader from RotJ, and it would have been interesting to see how popular both personalities stand on their own.

11. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Okay TFU was a legendary amazing game that's loved by all. Maybe TFU 2 wasnt that great in comparisson but it still made the big $$$. I'd rather have TFU2 quality games over NOTHING and TCW quality shows over NOTHING. i dont see how anyone in their right mind cant agree with that.

12. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Let's face it... TFU isn't Star Wars. It is like TCW of The Dark Times.

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Not by all, as evidenced by this thread... but yeah, you're right, I'd rather have that than nothing. But ideally, I'd like great games more than mediocre ones, and now it's possible through licensing. ?? :confused:

You seem to have somehow convinced yourself that there won't be any Star Wars games. That's just not true. Star Wars games make tons of money... there will be more, and I'm 99% sure Disney won't make them in-house, because they don't have the engine versatility to make the kind of games that Star Wars demands. Not the same situation as TCW cancellation whatsoever; TCW was expensive, and TV's not so profitable. Videogames are very profitable.

Who are you, again? You being here is like a right-wing evangelical preaching in a gay bar.

14. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Oh, hes a resident here who hates the clone wars & star wars.

Anyways, okay so like 10% of people who played tha game hate it big whoop TFU was loved by most SW fans i cant see anyone whos played it and thought "wow this sucks...." thats like beyond imaginable to me

15. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Well, I mean... quick-time events bug me.

But anyway, my point is, I don't think you have as much to be worried about as you think you do. We're not arguing with you and saying "no games is better;" We're saying there will be more games, and LucasArts itself might not be as flawless as you're thinking. There's nothing announced yet, so you never know, but this could be a renaissance of Star Wars games... I bet developers are champing at the bit for their chance. But might I recommend taking that to the gaming forum, as, again, this is very a different situation from the TCW cancellation.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    TFU was fun for me, but... let's look at the Metacritic. It got a 73, which is generally a bad game, 75 being the requirement to be considered worth a purchase.

That was the critic score. The user score is 66.

I would rather no SW games be made than TFU2-quality games. It suckers money from the consumer, and promotes that bad games make money. You seem to live in a very different world to the rest of us Rex115, where everybody has standards that equal, "if it's SW, it's amazing".

Not the case. Not in my reality.

How about just over 55% of critics said TFUI wasn't worth buying. More than 60% of regular users said the same.

The bolded shows that you lack objectivity. I suggest you learn some critical thinking, your opinion will actually be worth more if you inject some objectivity in there.

K'Kruhk, VMeran and Mia Mesharad like this.
  17. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    And that is bad because...........?

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait a sec, TFU is super popular? News to me.

JackG and 07jonesj like this.
  19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Wait a second, people think TFUI sucked? Now in terms of gameplay, it wasn't as good as some other games, but it has good critical acclaim.

8.1/10 on IMDB isn't too shabby. Now it isn't KOTOR by any means, but it's enjoyable.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    IMDB users score everything high.

Dead Island has an 8.2!

21. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    I just expected more, as a fan of Jedi Outcast/Academy, which seemed to be spiritual predecessors to TFU. Felt like the mechanics hadn't progressed far enough, considering the time that had passed.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't trust imdb when it comes to reviews. :p

07jonesj likes this.
  23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The difference is that TCW actually is Star Wars.

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW =/= Star Wars

You mean TCW is apart of SW. ;)

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  25. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Guys... just... come on.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
Thread Status: