main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    He means what he said.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Are you all seriously arguing over what is "Star Wars" and what isn't?

[​IMG]

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    ...he's pulling their heads up.

I'm just saying that the poster is intelligent enough to know what they said, and what they meant, and to have said it.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW must be everywhere. Ahsoka is god, right?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ...or something.

She can be god, I don't care, I'm going to hell anyway.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    "She can be god"

Filoni approved.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah.

Filoni approved would be "she is god."

GGrievous likes this.
  8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I mean, TCW is more "Star Warsy" than TFU, which seemed like the creators who made it wanted it to be more like Dragon Ball Z. It never retained that classic Star Wars feel like TCW and the supporting characters weren't that intriguing. At first I liked it, but eventually I came to realize that at the end of the day, it was a bad endeavor on LucasArt's part. That's why I don't consider TFU to be Star Wars. Actually, some of its flaws are the same as the New Jedi Order series(I also try to act like the NJO series never existed).

V-2 likes this.
  9. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Forgive me if I don't seem so optimistic. It's 100% all been bad new after bad news since the disney acquisition. I'd rather expect the worse and be pleasantly surprised with good news than go in hoping for the best and having my dreams crushed. i tried that before with BF3, was not a fun experience. dont wanna do it again i'd rather down play it and be pleasantly surprised

10. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    First off, we are star wars fans (i think) on this forum... if we went by what reviewers and critics have said, we would hate the prequels and think they are crap... which im hoping not all of us believe

And my bad, sorry im a Star Wars fan... im not a fair weather fan who jumps off the boat 50% of the time. just because galen marek beats up sidious doesnt mean i have a conniption fit and claim the game sucks lol

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I thought the first one was decent, haven't really played the second one but I'm not too tempted to do so.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You claimed the game was loved by all, now it's only loved by the tiny niche of people on this forum (and even that's not true)?

And no, being a fan does not mean you have to love everything SW. I despise Phantom Menace, the Holiday Special and the 80's Ewok films, yet am a massive SW fan. This is possible, and not a contradiction.

I have no problem with you liking it. I like it.

Just don't claim that everyone likes it without at least some evidence to support the claim.

K'Kruhk likes this.
  13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Please, I don't love TFU.

14. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    They're not just giving you bad news to give you bad news. It's business. Sometimes that works out for the worst, sometimes it works out for the best; in the case of TCW, the financial analysis wasn't in our favor. In the case of videogames, it's very much in our favor. Believe what you want, but if you're not basing your feelings on any sort of remote reality, I don't know how you expect anyone else to carry on a conversation with you.

By the way, it was LucasArts who failed to give you Battlefront III... so I can't imagine why you're mourning their passing. You're much more likely to get it (or at least a spiritual successor) from a new developer now.

We're all fairweather fans... it's just a matter of what our standards are.

QuangoFett and 07jonesj like this.
  15. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    yeah man im tired of hearing the "business is business" line its not an excuse and i dont care at all, i just want my Star Wars and so do millions of other fans.... I'd be happy to fork over my hard earned cash for it nothings stoping them...the business is business line is just an excuse and another saying for "oh we are cutting stuff just to save a quick buck now but lose and hurt our fans on the long run"... its like the boy who cried wolf they keep cutting stuff and i keep hearing that line its gotten to the point where i dont believe it anymore

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Is there a general TCW discussion thread somewhere that would benefit from this conversation? :p

07jonesj likes this.
  17. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    I'm tired of that too... when it's thrown at me as consolation for a bummer development. But you're not hearing me: this is one of those special good business decisions. Let me ask you: what are your top 10 Star Wars games? Just off the top of your head... just curious about something, and I promise I'm not asking to rile you up; I think you'll feel better after this experiment. List 'em! :)

07jonesj likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm almost certain this is the one occasion that's not going to work. :p

PraenomenCognomen likes this.
  19. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Except you aren't an athority on what is Star Wars and what is not. Your opinion is not FACT

20. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Sure thing...

1. Star Wars The Force Unleashed
    2. Star Wars Battlefront
    3. Star Wars Battlefront 2
    4. Star Wars Bounty Hunter
    5. Star Wars The Phantom Menace (PS1)
    6. Star Wars Bombad Racing
    7. Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2
    8. Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
    9. Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith (PS2)
    10. Empire at War

I also loved the Lego games, all of em. But its hard to place them on this list...

I have Clone Wars Republic Heros its alright im not a big fan of it... played republic commandos as well thought it was pretty cool but not top 10.

Also, this could help in your "Experiment"... SW games ive played but didnt like

-KOTOR
    -Dark Forces (PS1)
    -TOR(Although the trailers were top knotch

21. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    OK...

1. The Force Unleashed..........Developed by LucasArts.
    2. Battlefront.............................Developed by Pandemic.
    3. Battlefront 2..........................Developed by Pandemic.
    4. Bounty Hunter.......................Developed by LucasArts.
    5. Phantom Menace PS1.........Developed by Big Ape
    6. Bombad Racing...................Developed by Lucas Learning (LucasArts).
    7. The Force Unleashed 2........Developed by LucasArts.
    8. Jedi Academy.......................Developed by Raven Software.
    9. Revenge of the Sith PS2......Developed by The Collective, Inc.
    10. Empire At War....................Developed by Petroglyph Games.
    (X). Lego Star Wars.................Developed by Traveller's Tales
    (X). Republic Heroes................Developed by Krome Studios.

-1. KotOR.................................Developed by BioWare.
    -2. Dark Forces PS1................Developed by LucasArts.
    -3. TOR....................................Developed by Bioware.

So... only 4 of your 12 favorites were developed by LucasArts, and 1 of your 3 least favorites was developed by them. The rest were only published under the LucasArts banner, and had a minimum of LucasArts guidance in their production. You've just listed a perfect sample wherein 2/3 of the examples (of both favorites and least favorites) were developed by other studios. Those other studios are the ones who will continue to develop LucasArts titles in the future.

V-2 likes this.
  22. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    maybe, as of now nothing is in development

23. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    There will be more games, without question. No major blockbuster film franchise goes without games. There hasn't been time for anything else to go into development, let alone actually get far enough along to be announced. It would be literally impossible for them to devote attention to the buyout and reconfiguration of the company (which is not inherently evil) AND put stuff immediately in development and retain any sort of quality control. Just trust us, and move on, pleeeeeeease!

07jonesj likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You guys take it easy on my brain. It's had a lot to wrap itself around in this thread.

Next would be the idea that any profit-making venture would be cancelled just...because. Or to piss off fans. Or something.

Get upset all you want but can we please be just a tiny bit rational about this?

VMeran and 07jonesj like this.
  25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    This is pretty much all I need to discount you as having, quite possibly, the lowest standards for games I've talked to this year.

Republic Heroes on 360/PS3 looks like an early Xbox/PS2 game. Republic Heroes on PS2 looks like a mid-gen PS1 game. The platforming simply doesn't work. It's unresponsive and the controls send you to death time and time again. In fact, the only way for the game to compensate for it's terrible coding is for it to "help" you over - in that if you get the analogue stick (or mouse) in the right spot, it'll nicely float you over to the next platform. Only 24 more to go...

Yoda provides a tutorial... that never ends. Seriously, it keeps popping up, even during the last mission of the game. WTF? You thought I'd forgotten how to jump after miraculously making it over hundreds of your god-damn platforms?

The combat is boring. The game throws tons of enemies at you, and you can kill pretty much all of them by mashing the standard attack button. Except when you need to jump on a droid and control it to progress, that happens, oh, all the time.

Somehow, this game also takes forever to load. Considering how awful it looks, I have no idea how this was so badly optimised.

This is one of those games that is objectively bad. The graphics are bad compared to the standard of 2009, this isn't up for debate. The controls are unresponsive, again this is a fact. The combat is repetitive compared to other action-adventure titles. The lack of variety is a fact, not an opinion.

That this game qualifies as "alright" to you discredits your gaming opinions to such an amount that I'm unable to fathom the numerical equivalent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.