main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    And your opinion isn't fact either. You know what is "fact"? Canon levels. What contradicts the Clone Wars that is on a higher level? Nothing. What contradicts TFU that is on a higher level? Nothing. Thus, both are canon. Both are "true" Star Wars.
    [​IMG]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You're going down a path I can't follow...

OK, that's better. :p

3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Way to skewer the fella after he opened up... [face_not_talking]

V-2 and 07jonesj like this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Derp

6. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Yeah, its been 5 full months and we got nothing... when are they gona make games? in 5 years when im gona be out of deployment or something??

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Move the game convo please. Thank you kindly.

V-2 likes this.
  8. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Are you actually interested in having a conversation, or just accusing people who disagree with you of "having no taste" and then baiting them with questions like "are you happy about TCW being cancelled"?

That looks more like picking a fight than trying to have a discussion.

eht13, K'Kruhk, Esg and 2 others like this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Which brings us back to the actual topic - getting dem Season 6 episodes!

Mia Mesharad, VMeran and credar like this.
  11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Agreed 07jonesj i'd hate for this thread to be "cancelled" (like TCW) for being off-topic...

So, let me throw a question to you guys... what are the chances that the remaining Lucasfilm Animation people will get help from Disney Animation resources to finish some of the remaining episodes of the Clone Wars? How often does that happen on animated series? I'm asking because I personally don't know.

I guess the idea is they needed to do a downsizing to save money, but they have existing employees under Disney who could help finish the project...

12. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    right.... I'M the one picking a fight... *rolls eyes*

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I was under the impression the type of animation used for this show was fairly unique? I mean, look at how much this show has improved since Season 1 - either the animation software is fairly difficult to get a hang of, or the animators were incredibly incompetent. I believe the former.

So general common sense would suggest you'd want the people who have 7-8 years experience working with it.

All of that said, it depends what stage of, presumably, post-production the episodes were in. It's conceivable that you wouldn't need skill with the software, and that editing skills were all that were required, in which case it would be simple for another team to step in and finish them off.

Like you though, not claiming to be an expert on this stuff. Take my view with a little pinch of salt.

Random Comments likes this.
  14. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013

I believe the 2 arc rumor is probably true. I dont think we'd get any more than 4-8 episodes if we are lucky. it wouldnt surprise me if we got nothing... So i dont think they really need any help from anyone, i thought i heard earlier most of season 6 was finished...

A bit off topic, but when do y'all think we will be getting this bonus content/new episodes if we do manage to get it?

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    07jonesj I agree... the experience angle and level of sophistication for TV animation are huge obstacles for finishing these episodes, that's why I wasn't sure...

However Disney as an animation company... kinda their thing in some ways. However, maybe all the sophisticated animation is focused on movies like Wreck-it Ralph and Disney's TV animation is cheaper stuff...

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Watto Yeah, that's the problem - I don't know how compatible Disney's film animation is to TCW' animation. They look very different and the time it took to develop for TCW would suggest to me they're not very compatible, but they may very well be similar to use. The question then would be: are there any animators free? I'd think it would be ill-advised to pull animators from ongoing film production from Disney's point-of-view.

Are there any 3D CG Disney produced TV series? Not big on the cartoon department.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Not to TCW's level. Maybe some direct to DVD stuff like those Tinkerbell movies. x.x;

07jonesj likes this.
  18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I get the impression that Filoni and some of his people like Joel Aron and Jason Tucker are still there finishing stuff. So that's directing, lighting/FX, and editing. I guess they could train up some Disney folks to pitch in and finish, but probably tougher than I realize. This is not like working at a fast food joint...

And possibly in poor taste after getting rid of most of the team.

KenobiSkywalker and 07jonesj like this.
  19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Tron looked great.

20. bluelantern714

bluelantern714 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2013
    "Tron looked great."

Agreed. Tron: Uprising is an amazing show with top notch animation, but it was cancelled (or at least probably cancelled). Disney obviously doesn't want to spend that kind of money on TV animation, although Uprising's voice cast was full of big Hollywood people, so that probably upped the cost substantially.
    Not to repeat myself, but just for those that may not have seen my post before the whole video game conversation, I really think the smgo.tv thing could get Disney's attention. The Young Justice/Green Lantern: TAS campaign definitely got Warner Brothers'. Disney XD is also listed as a channel that agreed to consider the idea. People are suggesting Tron: Uprising as well. Geez, everything good seems to be being cancelled this year....

V-2 likes this.
  21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The animation quality of TCW is leaps and bounds better than any of the other animation I've seen in a TV show. I'm a member of a few respected A/V forums and TCW is the only animated TV show that not only made it on the Best Picture Quality ranking threads, but also ranked pretty high on the list. My fear (like many others have already posted) is that we won't see this level of animation quality for a long time due to the high cost.

22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well, apparently Yoda edged out Obi-Wan 55% to 45% in the This Is Madness tourney, and Jabba the Hutt actually took a greater share of the votes against Vader (26%) than did Grievous or Maul. o_O

So much for the PT-era characters. We're left with characters whose claim to fame are primarily tied to the OT saga, with Yoda, R2, and Palpatine being the only ones who truly span all 6 movies. I guess we should vote for R2 over Chewie?

The Palpatine vs. Boba Fett matchup will be an interesting one to watch; both are highly popular characters.

23. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    That's the really sad thing here. Ol' GL, for all his faults, was never concerned with the bottom line. The punk teenager in me really winces at the thought that Star Wars is no longer an independent franchise.

24. VMeran

VMeran Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I know that feel, bro. U_U

25. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.