main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What's your favorite Order 66 scene?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I would like to see more of the Battle of Mygeeto in ROTS. :p

2. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Look, I do understand that, I really do.
    This forum is pretty much the only place on the where people will openly talk about enjoying the PT, because if you go anywhere else you will be bashed into oblivion. So we congregate here. But its come to the point that whenever we see someone openly prequel-bashing (without giving actual reasons that aren't direct quotes from RLM), we tend to check the joined date immediately, because its always new members who do that, thinking that this is like any other place on the net where you'll get 100 upvotes for saying "PT sucks".
    Thing is, Star Wars PT has been around for 14 years, and every year more people are introduced to it. It just depends on the age (or time of exposure) to them. 20 years from now it will probably be very common for people to love the PT, as new generations grow up.

On the other had, I suggest you re-watch the trilogy before discussing it. There are a lot of die-hard fans here who will be quick to point of errors in your reasoning if you don't know the materiel

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Luke, you're going to learn that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/why-star-wars-prequels-better-original-trilogy-160300514.html
    http://whatculture.com/film/5-ways-star-wars-prequels-are-better-than-the-original-trilogy.php
    http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/01/watching-the-star-wars-prequels-muted-an-experiment
    http://www.hollywood.com/news/movies/7839748/ten-reasons-to-love-the-star-wars-prequels?page=all
    http://whatculture.com/film/10-ways-the-prequels-made-star-wars-a-better-saga.php
    http://whatculture.com/film/another-10-ways-the-prequels-made-star-wars-a-better-saga.php
    http://furiousfanboys.com/2011/09/the-10-best-star-wars-changes/

4. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
  5. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I can't speak to what the Jedi knew or didn't know. It would appear that they in fact did not for whatever reason know about that order.

And camouflaging 66 with 65 makes PERFECT sense if you use logic. Contingency orders cover contingencies. Why would one have a contingency for taking down the Jedi but NOT for taking down the Chancellor, or even the Senate.

66 as a single, isolated order would stand out like the proverbial sore thumb. A reasonable person would wonder why the other possibilities for an insurrection would not have a contingency order as well.

66 alongside 65 is just another "just in case order" with nothing outstanding or special about it.

6. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Or Sidious could have shrouded the entire subject with the Dark Side so that it wasn't even something "on the radar" for the Jedi.

Not that that is needed. Ask any executive, military officer or CEO...it's the "paper pushers" who really know everything, because they need to. Decision makers don't always follow the minutiae of how things are done, or go digging into information they don't really need. The Jedi were fighting a war, after all...[/quote]

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    "No, no, I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken about my order. I specifically ordered anchovies on my pizza. It is right there on the datapad brochure you sent me. Item number sixty five. Oh, no, my little fast food friend. Not sixty-seven. Not sixty-three. Sixty-five. With each passing moment you make me less inclined to use your delivery service. No, not sixty-four. Sixty-four has pineapple on it. Sixty-five, you understand? Wait a moment, I have another call ... ah. Commander Cody. The time has come. Execute order sixty-fiveohBUGGER--"

8. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    LMAO! Imagine all the clones flying in from the outer ring to kill the chancellor!

9. TheDisharmony

TheDisharmony Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013

Link? I wanna check it out..or is it just an edited version?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I can't find it on YouTube, but it's on the blu ray!

TheMandalorian115 likes this.
  11. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Here too.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I like Yoda's scene on Kashyyyk the best, because he at least can sense something of what is happening, which makes it so much more terrifying for him.

Darth Venator likes this.
  13. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
  14. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    You mean RLM imagines?

15. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I thought Order 66 was based on this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9066

Given that Lucas has always included political statements in Star Wars (especially about American history), it wouldn't surprise me.

Cryogenic likes this.
  16. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    No he's recounting what I told him!

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  17. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Yeah, because Ronald Reagan always got around in kilometre-long spaceships. I can see that. :p

18. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The one where Dave and Ashley walk into In 'n Out Burger:

[​IMG]

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't see any terror, but he does seem disturbed.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Maybe I put it wrong, it is terrifying moreso for the audience, since we know what is happening and Yoda doesn't. He does have a great disturbed expression though - he knows Jedi are dying, but it literally came out of nowhere (from his POV).

21. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I absolutely LOVED watching Vader walk up the Temple stairs alongside the 501st troopers. It showed power and authority. It sent chills down my spine when I saw it in theaters, and it still is my favorite scene in order 66 to watch at home.

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The death of Ki-Adi Mundi (is there a third hyphen in there? I forget).

markdeez33 likes this.
  23. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    I'd have loved to have seen a longer Order 66 sequence with more Jedi being betrayed, but the best scene is the Mygeeto sequence and the look on Ki-Adi Mundi's face when he realises his troops are about to kill him. So sad.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    When Yoda drops his cane and clutches his chest and the look on his face... it's almost too much for me. :( Such a brilliant and powerful montage!

Darth Venator likes this.
  25. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I liked the whole thing, but my favorite was when it shows Anakin walking slowly through the Temple, followed by the 501st. And the music. My second favorite has got to the killing of Stass Allie on Saleucami. How the two clones on the speeder bikes just knodded and shot was impressive and very sad and emotional. My least favorite was the killing of Aayla Secura...she seemed to fall down really dramatically and awkwardly and almost like she fell down before they shot...