main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

So sure are you? What do you think Han and Leia did on the way to Besbin without a Hyperdrive? Play Parcheesi? Yeah, that explains why they were still fighting like alley cats when they got there... ;)

And I'm not even going to touch the whole "There are no gay people in the GFFA" garbage. If it's important to the story, a character will have a same gender partner, and I guarantee not one of the other characters would bat an eyelash.

FWIW, Hutts are not only hermaphrodites, but they change sexes at will.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    "I have lots of friends that are X"...?

There are people still seriously using that?

I will say, though, that I agree that Star Wars isn't necessarily meant as a place to push social justice. For something like Star Trek with its explicitly inclusionist character principles, the lack of any gay characters is glaring. But I don't think it's as much of an issue for Star Wars.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently.

It's still so ridiculous that it's hilarious though.

And ROTFLMAO at the idea that Disney should or would care about what any religions view as "sinful" when writing a story.

I still remember the Disney and ABC boycott from the 90s over Timon and Pumba, with all the homophobic chauvinistic "leaders of households" saying that "oh noes, my wife is going to be so disappointed that she can't watch Regis and Kathy Lee in the mornings anymore." And I still think about it when I need comic relief.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Two slave leia's making out with each other would not make me walk out of the movie. It'd be too awkward to stand up.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    People who use the "I have friends that are such and such" excuse to cover up their derp make me very irritated.

6. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    If I didn't walk out of Phantom Menace, then I won't be walking out of VII.

In fact I went to see Phantom Menace a second time, to make sure I didn't just have an off day the first time and that the movie really was that bad/disappointing.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    bugs in my popcorn!

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    A dead person sitting next to me.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd still watch, even with a corpse sitting next to me. I've seen Weekend at Bernie's, I know how much fun corpses can be.

JediWheelz, kainee, Vthuil and 3 others like this.
  10. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    10 minutes of non stop shaky cam and lens flare and I'm out of there... I'm sorry...

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's not meant as an Aurora reference, is it?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012

13. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    Anything that tries to apologise for the prequel trilogy or cater to prequel haters.

kainee, Feelicks, SlashMan and 6 others like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_beatup]

The notion that a sexual orientation would be a hollywood agenda is so offensive that.... I'm speechless.

Shame on you!

15. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    What he means in this business of trying to cram a gay character into ever film, weather it fits the plot or not. No need to be so freaking PC.

16. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    This! So this!

17. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    As far as I'm concerned, Karen Traviss' Mandalorians are the ONLY Mandalorians!

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, they should go back to how it was in the fifties - when people weren't so freaking PC, and leftist Hollywood wouldn't put black people into every film, whether it fits the plot or not.

Or maybe Hollywood should stop putting Christian characters in films all of the time - and only use them in those few-and-far-in-between times that it actually has any bearing on the plot.

It's not about being "so freaking PC", it's about accepting people - even though they may be different from yourself. A good way to do that is to welcome everyone in every aspect of society.
    And to call that an agenda is to give a big 'F you' to everyone who doesn't fit the norm - and let's face it - you're on a Star Wars forum; neither do you. Nerd.

19. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    If I was busting to go to the bathroom

No, actually I'd just stay in my seat & let it happen

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  20. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
  21. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    I'm fine with gay characters (or characters with other socially-prosecuted traits) -- IF it's not their defining characteristic in a one dimensional performance. Because then it's in-your-face indoctrination and shock, and quite frankly, insulting to real gay people.

I love many of the shows HBO produces but they specialize in the spectacle of exploiting gay people and making their characters 90% about their sexual orientation, this is the kind of exploitation I find disgusting. Even with the current hit Game of Thrones we are treated to the spectacle of a gay knight and his character is 90% about his gayness and little else interesting about the character. Instead of accepting homosexuality as one of several components of a person they make the character a carboard cutout of gay spectacle put in there to inflame the audience. It's as if the characters literally do nothing else in their life but worry about sex. It's been like this in all their premiere high-profile shows for the last decade.

Even with mainstream shows like Modern Family they do tend to exploit the spectacle of Cam and Mitchell's relationship but at least the characters have some dimension aside from being gay.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am so unbelievably exhausted by sexuality in general due to media, at this point, that I hope nobody in the new films are interested in each other at all. As a matter of fact, I would prefer the films to be a broad statement on the benefits of a society of asexual eunichs who have more to offer than what gender they are predisposed to bump uglies with.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    As long as it's the sparkly kind of undead and not the vicious, monstrous predator kind of undead I'd be cool with it.

And let's face it, the monstrous kind of undead is a myth of the past, now they're all pretty.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They're cold as marble when you try to do them though.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    And, if they sparkle in the theatre, just think of the lens flare...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.