main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Sucks to be a prequel fan then. Not that I care, this contest has provided more lulz than I can shake a stick at. This whole thread is like a comedy goldmine.

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thanks for pouring salt onto the wounds.
    I wonder if it's like an Order 66/Jedi Purge going on over there in Lucasfilm. Employees attempting to find some way to escape the Purge. Little did GL realize how his fictional fantasy would become reality.

Random Comments likes this.
  3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
  4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Tron Uprising seemed to have its own cool visual style... but very different from TCW, right? It seems like the technology they used to animate and add visual effects for the two would be quite different.

5. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    How about you look at the quote I was posting with that reply. I was insulted for no reason, simply because it thought a game was alright.

[Removed. ~Sx3]

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I didn't insult you. I don't know you personally, and I default to liking people.

What I did do was deconstruct your opinion to show that it was clearly ignoring many factors. This is a discussion board. Then you just said I had "no taste" without actually deconstructing or analyzing anything.

Now how about we keep this on topic this time, eh?

7. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Why do people have to fight?

07jonesj likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Guys, this is getting to personal. Lets drop the line of discussion about taste. Further discussion of that will result in folks getting sent to the corner. Lets get back on the topic of the Save The Clone Wars campaign, the cancellation, and the future.

What do you guys think the ILM layoff and a new animated show means?

07jonesj likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm guessing the new animated show will be in another era? We've had two Clone Wars era animated shows at this point.

Personally I'm hoping for a 19 BBY to 3 BBY era show that brings in some of the good Clone Wars characters but whose primary focus is on new characters and movie characters.

10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm worried we're going to see a massive decrease in visual quality from this show. This show looked absolutely stunning, but the writing was moldy in places. The thing is, I don't want to see a show that's written well but looks like crap, I'd rather just read a novel then. The writing would likely be even better, and it wouldn't hurt my eyes.

I know that's superficial, but I don't generally watch cartoons.

11. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I'd like a Dark Times show, the Vader marketing potential would be appealing to the LF/Disney execs too.

However I also suspect they'll want something to tie in with the new trilogies, perhaps a post-RotJ show featuring all of the surviving OT fan favourites..? I can dream.

Or maybe something cheap(er) and free from the continuity trappings of the bulk of the EU. This seems less likely to me, unless they do some sort of kid-friendly sketch show or something like those awful LEGO shorts.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with you completely on this; in fact that's one thing I didn't like as much about the micro series. The animation just wasn't as good, although the writing was better.

Maybe I'm optimistic but I think they would want to keep the same animation quality as opposed to back-tracking. And if they are keeping Filoni on in any capacity, I hope it's as an animator, which is where his skill lies.

KenobiSkywalker and 07jonesj like this.
  13. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree. Though good animation and good writing would be nice, if I'm gonna watch a cartoon, the animation better be pretty damn good.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah, i think the reason a lot of folks are making such a fuss about the cancellation of TCW is the feature quality production. I will not be happy with crap animation, and i'm worried about where they'll get their animation resources from now.

When the news hit, i thought for sure this would be a post ROTJ cartoon since that is where they are focusing. Possibly starring Luke voiced by Mark Hammil.

I'd prefer a Dark Times era show featuring some of the Clone Wars characters.

15. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Dark Times = everybody wins. It fits with the current continuity, since all the existing Dark Times stories are fairly personal and isolated, and a whole lotta nothin' happens between about 15BBY and 5BBY. It could use the scripts from Underworld, it could wrap up TCW's loose ends, and you'd get characters from both trilogies making appearances. It would also cover the same timeline as each of the discussed spinoff possibilities (Han/Fett/Obi-Wan), so there's room for the promotional synergy that Disney so loves.

That said, it won't happen til 2016.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, there's always the possibility that we could lose. The writing style of TCW was somewhat acceptable because it was during a galactic war. The lack of subtlety with character's actions, or, well, anything could be excused.

People in the Dark Times had to be subtle, had to discreet, or they'd be killed by the Empire.

If the same style of writing is going to continue in the next show, a post-ROTJ era might be best (or Old Republic, or any period during large-scale war).

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I've been saying they should use the LAS Underworld scripts for an animated show in the visual style of TCW ever since it was announced that the LAS was on hold due to production costs. The dark times era would work best if we're getting another animated TV show, but as others have said they'll need to find a way to keep the production values high... and maybe improve on the hit-or-miss writing we've gotten from TCW.

That said, Post-ROTJ may be more likely given Disney/LFL's apparent desire to focus attention on the era leading into Episode 7. That could work too.

18. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    G-Canon does.

19. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    There is no G-Canon anymore. It's D-Canon now ^^.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    D-Canon could easily end up being a separate entity.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I thought D-canon was Detours canon? :p

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  22. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Yunno what would really suck? If Disney insists on their own canon, to the point of solidifying it as such within (whatever remains of) the official continuity database, instead of letting what currently exists be an alternate canon. Not alternate universe stuff within the world, but just, yunno... something to delineate the two on Wookieepedia and such.

I know that's silly, to believe that some piece of fiction didn't happen (even within that fictional world) because that's what some company told me... but the alternative is that whole new-agey "Canon is whatever you want it to be, brother!" thing, and I am not havin' that.

07jonesj likes this.
  23. bluelantern714

bluelantern714 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2013
    Yes, the two are very different. Tron's style was more surreal and abstract, but from what I've heard around the same cost/production level as TCW.

24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    PraenomenCognomen, I noticed that your avatar was being promoted on the RebelForce Radio Facebook page. Do you by any chance have any relationship to RFR via the #SaveTheCloneWars campaign?

Also, RFR will be interviewing Dave Filoni tomorrow, his first since news of the cancellation. Should be interesting to listen to what he has to say (Disney overlords-approved, naturally).

25. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    F-Canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.