main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Perfect. She is then discovered by Luke after RotJ and freed so she can become the main protagonist of the ST. Oh and Maul can come back too while they're at it.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I assume that Ashley saying she wouldn't be recording with any of the regular cast for a long time again fits in this puzzle somewhere. Really there is alot of convoluted contradictory information that has come from her, Dave Filoni and even Brent Friedmen. Lets recall Filoni making fun of kids at SWW for asking if Maul would come back. I should probably listen to the RFR interview again. I also recall the ending changes getting blamed on GL, so... I do trust JAT and am taking his word that season 6 is about completed over all others. Generally the most reliable info has always from from JAT, DBB, and even Witwer. I've never though that Filoni is so much a jerk in interview than he's just not good at them.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I love interviews with Sam Witwer, largely because hes a fan too and is looking forward to whats coming next as a fan.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah. And after Luke and co. finds this forotten secret lair many years later, I can picture one of Luke's curious apprentices accidentally freeing them from carbonization, too. :)

5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmmm...

Wasn't Ashley saying back in August that the finale was a game-changer for Ahsoka? I suppose if she was staying in the Order after the events of The Wrong Jedi, it wouldn't have had much of an impact... Just thinking about when we first heard about it being a big-changing finale for her, because then that does fit with the ending we got. I'm going to stick by my theory that the dialogue was changed in Dec 2012, rather then changing the complete ending. I guess we will never know. But I'll trust JAT and hope that Season 6 is now done because it gives me hope that there are more bonus content then I am now anticipating.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Have we gotten any more news on this stuff? I'm going to be very dissapointed if we only get 2 arcs.

7. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Some were speculating that Dark Horse was gonna announce a TCW comic that would wrap up the series past the "bonus content" arcs, but the Dark Horse announcement ended up being an adaptation of the first draft of Star Wars.

So we're currently in the dark again.

8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Would it kill Disney to tell us what is going on...
    Then again, I had the same question when they cancelled the show.

9. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I've seen Disney go silent for years on stuff, like the Disney Afternoon DVD releases. They're just too big a company to give a crap about what they deem to be "the small stuff". Even though "small stuff" to them is actually quite big.

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I would have happily waited a couple more years for the ST if it meant LFA could finish the show.

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that the films make more money, therefore they take priority. The details are when our opinions start to matter.

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the line that was rerecorded was "If the Council doesn't trust me, then how can I trust myself?" Dave (or maybe it was Ashley?) mentioned in an interview that GL wanted them to change whatever the original line was to that because George thought the original portrayed the Council in a bad way. Though removing that line doesn't seem to have made the Council any less stupid.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This is for my fellow spoiler-free folks, especially at the 1:30 mark. The rest of it has toilet humor thrown in for good measure.

As far as that line of Ahsoka's: it was monumentally stupid. Only my sympathy for Anakin saved that episode for me.

My question about the alleged upcoming two arcs is how many episodes in an arc? Three? Four?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Clovis is three; An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis and Crisis at the Heart. I've heard that Matt's Fives/Trench/Order 66 arc is both three and four episodes, so don't know which is true.

So 6-7 episodes at the least.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I just hope we get a Talzin/Maul arc and a Battle of Coruscant arc. Also would like to see Cad Bane, Boba, etc. That is it. YOU HERE ME DISNEY!?! ALL I WANT IS THREE STORIES!!!

16. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Talzin/Maul is most likely a no, given Filoni's statements on RFR and Sam Witwer's mention that what we saw was the last of what he has recorded.

Battle of Coruscant is up in the air. It is doubtful, given Filoni's statements on RFR and the placement of a Battle of Coruscant production-wise (something like that would have been a few years out).

Cad Bane/Boba is unknown. Could be one of the arcs being completed, or it could not be.

Same goes for the Yoda arc.

So as of now: Clovis is done, Order 66 is done, Bane/Boba was in production and may or may not be done, Yoda arc was in production and may or may not be done.

So 2 arcs at least, 4 arcs at most.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd love to know what happens to Maul then, but I've expresses that opinion in other threads. I am just so frustrated at Disney atm.

18. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Maybe there are arcs that we did not hear about but have been made, it's probably not the case but we never know.

19. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    could it be as simple as disney wants to make licasfilm more profitable and dont want to air there show with cartoon network so they cancel clone wars and then get a new team led by filloni to make new series which would cover loose ends while moving into the dark time events set just after rots which could cover the Maul, Fett arcs and have Vader kicking everyones arse hunting and tracking down enemys of the empire.
    its my wish list tbh but im hoping this is whats to come after the what im hoping will be a bonus content + series 5 blu ray release

Darth_Quintonis and Darkslayer like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What?

21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope it's that simple.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I had a tiny hope this whole thing was more like TCW getting rebranded so Disney could get out of contractual obligations with TCW and air more on its own channel under a new title. Layoffs at LucasAnimation said no. I think a Dark Time series that is a spiritual successor is still probable.

QuangoFett and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    CN still owns the rights to season 5 so there will most likely be a S5 DVD/Blu-ray release, right?

24. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I hope so, though at this point I'm hoping more for a complete box set, that has the entire Season 6 as "Bonus Content" and a documentary about the show with all of the voice actors and the designers, etc. It better include the movie as well, or it's not complete, Disney.

25. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    In the RFR interview with Dave, Jimmy Mac proposed that Dave return for a Season 5 discussion when the blu-ray releases in the fall and Dave sounded immediately up for it and excited for it. No hesitation or "ehh, maybe", so at least in Dave's mind a season 5 blu-ray release is set. That's how I read it at least.

A complete set would be cool, but I don't think Disney wants to figure out a release with WB, given that the Bonus Content is under Disney's domain and the movie plus seasons 1-5 is under WB's domain. Plus, I don't know if they'd go to the effort of reordering and repressing all the discs. At best, we'll see the existing seasons 1-5 in a box and the Bonus Content as a separate Disney release. WIth the show airing in order in syndication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.