main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    There were twelve guys right? Just saying, statistically, there were some gay hijackers on that day.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Isn't Cuccinelli in Virginia trying to ban all oral sex, for both straight and gay couples?

Yet he's supposed to be the "small government" choice...

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, somebody's wife or girlfriend won't go down on him.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    try to tone down the vulgarity, anakinsfan... It's fine once in a while, but if you keep hitting the same note over and over again, well, you know...

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Hadn't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

6. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    That ish is not gonna fly, brah.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, you are the last person on this site whose opinion I give a rat's ass about. If I've violated the TOS, I'm sure a moderator will let me know, but I don't see colors over your name.

Beyond that, you don't like it when I don't sugarcoat? Click on my user name and then click "ignore."

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Last month, three judges on the US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit deemed a Virginia anti-sodomy law unconstitutional. The provision, part of the state's "Crimes Against Nature" law, has been moot since the 2003 US Supreme Court decision overruled state laws barring consensual gay sex, but Virginia has kept the prohibition on the books.

Now Virginia attorney general and Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli is asking the full 4th Circuit to reconsider the case. Cuccinelli wants the court to revive the prohibition on consensual anal and oral sex, for both gay and straight people. (The case at hand involves consensual, heterosexual oral sex.)

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04/cuccinelli-wants-rehearing-virginias-anti-sodomy-law

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *headdesk* And he'll get the same result based on the 2003 SCOTUS ruiling.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Lady Gaga turned down $1 million to perform at GOP convention last summer.

The real derp is that, there had to be several in the GOP in charge of getting celebrities for the convention who knew of her politics (she's always been up front about being for LGBT Causes, including and especially the repeal of DADT a couple of years back), and one or a few somebody's still asked her to perform at the GOP convention.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Statistics only hold over large sample sizes, not small ones. Also, this wasn't a random sample, but a self-selected one along multiple parameters. Your conclusion is unlikely.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  13. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Don't buy the rebuttal. Far right and/or religious fundamentalist politics are actually laden with repressed homosexuals and always have been. If anything, I would say it was far more likely that some of them were gay than it would be if you sampled a random part of the population.

I only meant it as a flippant comment, but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that I am probably right.

14. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    One in five repubs think Obama is the Anti-christ

An anti-christ as originally defined is simply an atheist. It has come to mean in modern times the evil Devil Right Hand man that will desotry the world and such. That, my friends, is derp. Having a hard time defining it? Right there. And 6% of Democrats??WTF One in 20? UGH.

The polling is interesting in other ways too:

"About 44 percent of voters believe that George W. Bush and his administration intentionally misled the public about weapons of mass destruction to promote a war in Iraq. About 72 percent of Democrats believe this. About 73 percent of Republicans say such a claim is false."

Kool-Aid. Extra sugar.

But it gets WORSE:

"4 percent believe shape-shifting reptilian people control the world."

PHhhhhhhhhht what hahahahahahhahaha!

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Isn't Obama Left Handed? :p

VadersLaMent likes this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    North Korea is throwing a fit because... wait for it... the Obama administration invaded Iraq. [face_plain] :oops:
    The lesson of Saddam Hussein’s end is another cautionary tale for the North Koreans. If Saddam had held onto his weapons of mass destruction–and lots of them–the Obama Administration would have had second thoughts about invading his country. Or so I’m told by a former CIA colleague, and one of the best-informed North Korean watchers around.

I just love that last sentence there too. Makes the whole thing that much more depressing/hilarious.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah. Now if there were 12 priests...

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    LMAO, one of the comments pointed it out and the article content was changed.

"Poor attempt at journalism. You've failed the most basic and golden rule, "PROOF READ". The Bush administration invaded Iraq, not Obama, and the general air of this piece is overly speculative and under-researched. I expect better from TIME..."

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Oh, there were quite a few comments about it.

21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I read that article a few days ago. Wasn't sure if it was North Korea or TIME saying that Obama ordered the invasion of Iraq.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's good to know history is already being rewritten.

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, you know, history is written by the victors - oh, wait!

24. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    What vulgarity? Looks like Cuccinelli isn't the only one not getting any.

25. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I don't like bathroom humor either. Does that mean I don't use the bathroom?