main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    I like to think that Rex was with Vader when the jedi temple was purged and was killed by Obi Wan or Yoda when they infiltrated the temple as he's a clone and was bred to follow orders for the republic

Mandalor is done as its fell into darkness and the dark times are about to fall over the whole galaxy.

Ashoka has left the order and would probably hide once order 66 takes place and may even think the jedi had tried to overthrow palpatine as they didnt trust her either.

Darth Maul is the only plot hole that must be addressed even if he's disected in a lab as one of sidious's experiments similar to how Plageuis did to his masters apprentice.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I keep saying we really should get a novel dealing with many of the clones introduced in this series. What better way to understand their motivations and their struggle (or lack thereof?) during Order 66?

3. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    A novel is sadly probably how all the loose ends are sorted out

4. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Would be cool to see a Tales from Jabba's Palace approach, with multiple short stories that tie in with each other. "Tales from the Clone Army"?

5. Nickster79

Nickster79 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    I can't find it, but I thought I remembered reading that George Lucas said something to the effect of "we're not making that mistake again" with regards to killing off Darth Maul in TCW

6. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    George did indeed make that comment. It was brought up in an interview between Eric Goldman from IGN and either Dave Filoni or Sam Witwer. I'm leaning toward the latter, but I'm not 100% sure. Sam Witwer did an interview toward the very end of season 5 after the Mandalore arc. Filoni did the big post-season 5 finale interview and another about a month earlier with IGN.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Look Filoni is a company man and probably more so that that producer Rick M whatever. They tell you what they want to hear. Forget the extra content we ain't getting jack. It might be just two extra episodes on the season 5 release to make it 22 episodes per season. With the way people are getting laid off and stuff cancelled its over. I just want to see the release of Crucible and the three sword of the jedi books so they can end that part of the EU. After that, you can keep star wars and all the baloney. By the way, you better download those youtube videos that have all that stuff from detours and 1313, cause its history..................................history it ain't coming back

8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Melodramatic much?

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Interesting stuff on the Fett related front... Kotaku got word today on the cancelled 1313 game... apparently the last incarnation of it was going to feature Boba Fett at GL's request. They received some concept art which features Highsinger and Bossk also:
    http://kotaku.com/before-it-was-cancelled-star-wars-1313-was-going-to-be-470003660

This is interesting to TCW fans since it features Fett and his TCW era Bounty Hunting companions and 1313 was set between Ep 3 and 4. Question on the TCW front would be how far along on his Bounty Hunter path were they planning on taking Fett in the show, and how would it have tied together with 1313? Did they cancel some of his TCW episodes due to his being retro-fitted into 1313 instead?

Cevan and cwustudent like this.
  10. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    At least, we know now that Highsinger survived to the war.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    So we are literally getting no resolution for the character who needs it the most: Maul. Way to go Disney, you ******bags.

12. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Wow! I like the Boba Fett costume! Wonder if that is what they had planned for TCW?

Random Comments likes this.
  13. the-jedi-prince

Jun 2, 2011
    I think we can only now hope for a dark times show to feature fett
    i started re reading book of sith today and 1 of palpatines entrys at the start of the book mentions Ventress and that she went back to the nightsisters and disapeared.
    i know she already did that and came back but im telling myself she went back and stayed there so thats her story sorted out

14. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I really doubt this new show will be a Dark Times show. I have a feeling that it will be some show about Luke Skywalker and the New Republic soon after RotJ.

Anyways though, another thing that needed resolution was the Zillo Beast. Palpatine told Dr. Boll he wanted her to clone it, and we will probably never get a resolution on that story as to what he planned to do with it. If that is never resolved, I'm just gonna say he wanted to use some of the scales from the beast as some sort of plating in the Death Star.

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That's just the classic monster movie, "It's over... or is it?".

Ever since those episodes aired, I've seen people say this needs to be wrapped up. Pretty much every scene is an homage in those two episodes. :p

cwustudent and Circular_Logic like this.
  16. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    They never intended to follow up on that, according to Filoni in the accompanying video...

17. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I don't know, I kind of like when TCW leaves certain things up in the air. Like Zillo Beast, I could take or leave a follow-up story arc. On one hand it could have been a cool story, on the other hand the mere fact that the Zillo Beast (like Maul) is being sent into Palpatine's scary secret cabinet makes Palpatine all the more scary. Like a spider who spins his web, and those who get caught in it may never see the light of day again. It also leaves room for future comics/movies/games. I guess the only big negative is that pre-Disney, that possibility could very well happen. Now, it feels like all the potential loose ends will never be resolved.

18. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Disney: making dreams come true as a kid and destroying them as an adult.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The moment you learn what business is is the moment you cross that threshold. :(

20. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Really nice preview released today. Hopefully this begins the Sidious investigations.

21. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    This was posted in a Q&A by Filoni last year...

Kristin Shetter Gaughan
    My 13 year old son is a huge fan; thank you for making a show that the whole family can enjoy together. My son's questions are: Will we see Tuskan Raiders in the Clone Wars? and Is there going to be any in depth look at the ancient Sith or go to any of the Sith worlds? and Will we see Hondo Ohnaka (a family favorite character!) again? Thank you!

Hondo – YES
    Tuskan Raiders – YES (but in the future, not soon)
    Sith - …hmmm…hmmm… patience. Sith have patience, that’s how they survived. So have patience. You will see. Just have patience.

So could this arc with Wolffe be the Tusken Raiders and this sith thing he is hinting at?

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's not a resolution though because we don't know what happens to her. You can't just create a major character who has a profound influence on the movie characters and then leave her fate unexplained. Did she die in Order 66 or did she live into the OT era? If she did why did she do nothing to combat the Empire and why is there no mention of her at all?

She was a TCW creation, she existed within that show and should have a fate resolved within it. Otherwise you get endless annoying fan speculation as to whether she will be in Episode VII or some such nonsense.

Shaak Ti at least had a death put into The Force Unleashed game, but given Disney have now shut down LucasArts too we can't even get that for Ahsoka.

Unless the plan is to have her appear in a spin-off movie.

23. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Link?

24. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
  25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There is also the known Yoda arc as per Tom Kane and the Bounty Arc which ties up the fates of some of the characters though we don't know if those ones will be released but if that article is accurate it sounds like anything that was in production will be finished and released.

darklordoftech and Darkslayer like this.