main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THIEF

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Anyone seen this yet? Absolutely the perfect game for me, definitely pre-ordering. Has all of my favorite things wrapped into one game.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I remember playing the first Thief game on the PC way back then. I had no patience for that type of stealth game then but the Splinter Cell series (back when it was good) made me appreciate that genre a bit more. Still, I guess I need to see more than just a prerendered trailer...and then decide if I'm buying a next gen console, which seems kinda unlikely.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm really excited about this. It looks so amazing. It's strange that I don't like stealth games much but I always try and be stealthy if it's an option, like in Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, and such. I think this has convinced me to get a next gen console as soon as I can afford one.

4. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Well eventually all of the games will only be made for the next gen console, so why wait on getting it?

5. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I myself won't be getting a PS4 at launch simply because there are plenty of games this generation I have yet to play. Next-gen can wait.

However its great to have another Thief game on the way! But is this another reboot?

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    My 360 got stolen the other day and I just don't see myself replacing it right now. It's replacement's supposed vetoing of used games doesn't impress me in the least and neither does the PS4's offering. So yeah, I don't see myself jumping on the next gen bandwagon anytime soon. But getting it for the PC...that's a whole other story. ;)

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Have Microsoft actually confirmed that the NextBox won't play preowned games? Until I see an official announcement saying so I'll just consider it rumour and nothing more.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Played some of the third game. Liked it, but I tended to get lost often enough that it ended up being more tedious than enjoyable.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I did say "supposed". But considering the industry's apathy towards the used games market, it isn't too farfetched to think that such a feature on next gen consoles might actually be considered.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I just ordered Thief Gold. :cool:

Genet-Cabur Kyramud likes this.